Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Whatís up with Passport America?

For the past several months Iíve been receiving emails a couple of times a week from Passport America with some sort of multiple year or lifetime renewal offer Ö the offers seem to vary, but have pretty deep discounts. Iím not close to having to renew and really donít use them much, but Iím curious why many offers from them? Are they in trouble?
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm getting the same e-mails and I suspect the the pandemic has hit them hard and they're trying to survive. JMHO
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That is their marking. I think they hire the same marking firm as AARP. Always send renew deals.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:10 PM   #4

I've had their membership for 4 seasons I think, and yes, for over a year now they've been sending pretty good deals and last spring they sent me an offer for a lifetime membership that I couldn't pass up. They are my number one go-to when on the road. This year alone, I've saved $276 on campsites.
There's a place east of Dallas that we normally stop overnight heading south, that in 2020 had to cut costs, so they dropped PA. Well, it must have value to them too, because they are now again a PA rv park.
JK
Old 12-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
That is their marking. I think they hire the same marking firm as AARP. Always send renew deals.
Or Readers Digest. As my older brother once said when he was about 12, "I don't know why it is called Readers Digest. Around our house we always use it during the last stage of digesting."

I kept getting it for a long time then the light dawned that I was getting renewals every three months or so. Besides I was upset I never once won their Sweepstakes.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
All those companies are the same. NRA and Good Sam can be added to that list. But I reckon the U S Post Office would go broke without all the renewals.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:52 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We've been members for quite a few years, but I just let it expire. I get tired of the hassle....no weekends, no holidays, limited to so many days, limited to specific spaces, being out of PA spaces, some PA parks even seem to object to handling PA customers. Sure you can save a couple of bucks, but at my age I don't want the inconvenience and bother of putting up with trying to make reservations at some PA sites.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:27 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm glad some get good use from them, but out west, they're useless. Their discounts are only good at a few campgrounds during the OFF OFF OFF season, like snow and pouring rain time of year.

We only found one campground in their system that we wanted to use, and it was only good for one month out of the year.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:41 PM   #9

We joined them for just one year in 2018 based on searching for where our travels with a visiting from overseas relative at the time, took us. There was opportunity to benefit from the membership which we did that year. After that we noticed 3 out of 4 of the parks we'd used were no longer subscribed and haven't been since ie; Santa Barbara, Oasis Las Vegas and another.

We rarely use organised CGs but as we are getting older that might change somewhat but we always would check availability for booking and savings, before joining again to ascertain how useful it could be.

Similar to Cat320 and DutchstarDon in our thoughts on PPA.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote