Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #15

Thanks for all of the good information.

DW is looking very closely to the Dyson V10 Absolute and Dyson V11 Animal. Both are the same price, $499 (yikes!). The V10 comes with a $100 fluffy power head attachment for wood floors and the V11 doesn't (we haven't pulled the carpet for LVT yet). The V11 is the latest model and has 20% more power than the V10 for the dog hair. Yes, it is a lot of money, but we do not have a S&B so do not need a second vacuum for a house. She reckons whatever we end up with will last a long time and wants a quality unit because life is just too short to skimp on something we have to use every day. She doesn't use me everyday so I don't rate up there with a good vacuum, I guess.

I will report back when DW's pronouncement has been made...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #16

The Milwaukee M18 compact vacuum is great. Powerful, and I keep a charger on hand for the Milwaukee impact I keep on board, anyway. The bare tool is quite cheap, the tool and the large battery are expensive. This was a better compromise for me than the Dyson, since I have so many uses for the batteries. I already had this for use in the shop (excellent, rugged cleanup tool), so it just moved to the motorhome. I keep meaning to buy another for the shop, but haven't yet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...2-20/300510229
Old 08-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #17

To follow up on my post, we bought the Dyson V11 Animal vacuum. I love the light weight, powerful suction and how much easier it is to use than our oils vacuum. We could not be happier with it. I even found a corner with an electrical outlet and mounted the combined storage bracket and charger there.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #18

Have a shark liftaway upright in the 5er. Might be able to take the DWs shark stick vac from her work soon.
Encmerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was going to install a dirt devil but got lazy and bought a Dyson Shark and I love it. Shows away under the Dinet seat.
markarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:58 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a built in vacuum, and it was hard to use with that massive hose getting in the way of everything. Even worse, it required shore power or generator. I always vacuum just before I bring the slides in to keep from scratching the tile floors, so it was a hassle. We bought a Dyson Animal rechargeable (don’t remember what version), and I am very happy! It is light, effective, and has plenty of battery power to vacuum the entire coach. Easy to empty too. That massive snake hose is in the regular house sitting in a storage box where it will remain.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:15 AM   #21
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Costco has/had the V8 animal on sale for I think 299.00 so we went and bought it and really like it. I mounted it in the rear bath closet, Newmar was nice enough to put a plug in there.

My wife hated the dirt devil that came in the coach. It was pulling that hose around.
Bought the Dyson cordless Animal v8+ from Costco for $299 a month ago. Crevice tool, small beater brush, larger beater brush and another one or two. Works great on bed comforter, carpet runners and linoleum.

No place to hang it so the pole sits next to the Splendide washer/dryer and the rest is on a closet shelf in a drawstring bag. Plenty of battery power and life for two shedding dogs. Charge it after each use to keep it topped off.

Ray
Old 08-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #22

Bought a DirtDevil system used and am considering installing it. One thought is to put a vac outlet in front 1/3 and rear 1/3 using Vac PVC piping and make the vac hose shorter for storage and ease of use.
Seems like most built in vacs use one in the middle of the coach with the corresponding long vac hose. Some also use a sweep inlet, and speak highly of that on hard floors.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:23 AM   #23

We bought an Oreck XL small canister vac at a thrift store for $15. Bags are still available on-line through Amazon and others. It is very easy to store on a closet shelf as the wand is in two pieces that slide together. It has a shoulder strap so you can carry it easily when using it with hose and attachments. It works well, both inside the coach and outside in the storage bays.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #24

Shark Ion. We use the Shark lift away at home. On hard floors once you use a duo clean head it makes all the other vacuums seem antiquated. I believe we paid around $250 for the cordless one
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:01 AM   #25

We're going to buy our 3rd Shark Rocket Ultra-Light. We've a canister one for RV, a similar one to this for our home. We've three dogs and wanted something that would actually work cleaning out car & truck back seats and our carpeted stairs. A motorized brush was an imperative, and battery ones just don't last long enough. The best rated corded other brand was only about $20 less, but our experiences with the other two Rockets convinced me to get this one. Just finished vacuuming our stairs and it did a superb job, even without using the crevice tool to get that crack (will have to go back over them again with it to finish the job). It's slightly heavier than the last other brand one we had (that only lasted about six months), but still OK. Shark does everything for less money than Dyson. Here is the reviews you read, if you want to get the right vacuum for your RV.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:25 AM   #26

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a Dyson "wannabe" but it works well and got it for a low price. It does the job and we really like the fact that it's cordless, breaks down for storage and can be used in different configurations so you can use it to clean the car, storage compartments, etc.

Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:30 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Uh... a broom and a DustBuster... no carpet left in our rig.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #28

Ten replies AFTER you posted your decision/ conclusion to your thread_.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote