Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #3529

Damon Owners Club
A new 50 amp plug installed at home. The old 30 amp died and so pleased to now have 50 at home!
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #3530

Dish service. They threw in a free box, tripod and cable.
B&W Companion Hitch
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #3531

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The whole website store

Seems as though every time I go to a website, I want to buy everything I see. it is sort of like going to Harbor freight. This time I bought a dual camera top daug dash cam for under 120 bucks. Looks like it will do what I want. Mostly to capture the idiot who uses up my stopping space at a multilane red light. I don't know why they want me to test my brakes on the back of their car????
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #3532

Vintage RV Owners Club
Eventually, a Slingbox, to setup with a spare cable box at a family member's place so we can watch cable tv .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #3533

Entegra Owners Club
89 gallons of diesel fuel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #3534

A new Samsung 24" HD TV for the bedroom that runs off AC or DC.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #3535

Bought a new toad to drag along, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. The base plates, wiring and Invisibrake being installed as we speak.
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #3536

Winnebago Owners Club
HTFireMedic -- How does the Dish subscription work for an RV. My new one came with a Dish folding satellite dish on it. As I understand it, I need the Dish box (or control) to operate the satellite receiver. Is this what you will do?

Thanks!
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:37 AM   #3537

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
HTFireMedic -- How does the Dish subscription work for an RV. My new one came with a Dish folding satellite dish on it. As I understand it, I need the Dish box (or control) to operate the satellite receiver.
Hi Don - I'm not HTFireMedic but I do have Dish service.

I purchased a Winegard MP-1 antenna and Vip211z receiver (box) from Camping World for about $100 each (on sale). As I understand it, owning the equipment makes you eligible for the "pay as you go" service from Dish. This is 30 days of service that you pay for in advance. If you don't pay, the service stops until you do pay again. I purchased the "Americas 120" package (or something like that) which gives me 120 channels but only about six that are worth watching. The cost is about $55/30 days. Being a cheapskate, that seems terribly expensive to me so I only purchase/use it when I expect to be stuck inside and bored (winter months). I wrote up my equipment setup here, it did not go very smoothly but now that I have it figured out, it is pretty simple.

Of course, upon initial setup Dish had my account messed up and this took several phone calls to straighten out. Seems to be the norm with service companies (poor service).
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #3538

Wingman sensar DTV upgrade antenna, 15' 50 amp extension cord, hi flow water regulator, awning repair tape.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #3539

Camco 40595 RV Cyclone Sewer Plumbing Vent

Camping World has a buy one/get one free offer for $21 but the shipping brings it to about $30. I only need one, so eBay was cheaper.

We don't have a serious odor problem but occasionally it gets nasty, hope this helps!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #3540

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
HTFireMedic -- How does the Dish subscription work for an RV. My new one came with a Dish folding satellite dish on it. As I understand it, I need the Dish box (or control) to operate the satellite receiver. Is this what you will do? Thanks!
There are multiple threads in the technology forum about just this topic. I'm sure you will find more info than you ever thought you'd need in one of those. Very interesting reading.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #3541

Monaco Owners Club
Just upgraded my fire preparedness with new extinguishers from Mac the Fire Guy. Got one large 2 liter foam extinguisher for the living room area and 3 small ones; 1 bedroom, one by the stove and one in the basement. Planning to add one more in the engine compartment shortly. Its the one purchase for the coach that I hope I never have to use but happy for spending the money.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #3542

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Just wanted to say, we have Dish TV. I got a separate box for the motorhome and it only costs me $5 a month for that box, that's it. Before I paid for a separate subscription under another provider for the motorhome. This way I just don't worry about it, then when I first turn it on after being off so long sometimes they have to send a signal to get it going, that's it. Least expensive I've found so far.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote