Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #6497

Don't waste your time or money on a pocket hose. I bought one from Walmart yesterday that is supposed to be a 3/4" hose. The problem is that in order to make the hose retract, they only have a 1/4" hole in each fitting for water flow. Hardly enough for our showers, etc. Not even enough for our household needs. These are truly junk! Stick with traditional hose if you want flow. For $40, I can buy a real nice high flow hose. Taking it back today for a refund.

Phil Swanson
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #6498

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
You can do all of this and allot more with a Garmin you know. Maps are basically obsolete.
if you have a smart phone a free app like RVParky works great.
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #6499

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bathroom storage problem solved!

My Minnie Winnie 22R has a small, three-tiered linen cabinet that sits in a corner and is triangular. This poses no problem for towels and other things, but as far as toiletries and grooming products, it is hard to keep things in place when the vehicle is in motion. Thus far, the only way to hold things in place is to set bigger items on top of smaller items.

Today, I decided to give the local Bed, Bath & Beyond store a visit. If anyone had something triangular that would work to keep things in place, they would.

So, I headed over to Woodland Hills, where the store is located, and took a look around. At first, I could not find any container that is triangular in shape (roughly 12 x 12 x 15") that would work. So I was going to get a rectangular plastic organizer that would fit inside.

After getting it off the shelf, I decided to take another look and went to an aisle that I had apparently missed. Lo and behold, there was a triangular metal rack with two suction knobs that is made for showers. That would work if it fit inside. But, I needed to measure it. I went over to customer service and asked if they had a measuring tape handy. They did and I found that the rack would fit inside the cabinet.

I gave them the plastic organizer and then went to the check stand with the rack.

When I got home, I was going to take the suction knobs off, but decided to leave them on to use for bracing the rack inside the cabinet. It fit in nicely.

I then placed it in the cabinet (I also did a little re-arranging) in the center tier. Problem solved!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160524_144602.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	128116   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160524_150140.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	128117  

ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #6500

Wink Dimmers. . .

Installed 3 dimmers in my Fuzion 420 rig today. The normal LED lights are too bright most of the time. Like to be able to tone them down so they aren't overpowering. Blue lite ones in living area & master bath and a normal dark one in master bedrm. Surprised these are a part of new setups these days.
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #6501

Monaco Owners Club
Starting Batteries.Yesterday, house batteries. Where's the damn rabbit with the drum when you need him?
trucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:05 PM   #6502

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolftx View Post
Installed 3 dimmers in my Fuzion 420 rig today. The normal LED lights are too bright most of the time. Like to be able to tone them down so they aren't overpowering. Blue lite ones in living area & master bath and a normal dark one in master bedrm. Surprised these are a part of new setups these days.
Tell me more about what dimmers you used. Did they work with the existing wiring? Thanks.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #6503

Cool Sure. . .

Yes they just wire up to the standard switch wiring in the rig. They make both the lit ones, like for bath rooms as a night light as well as nonlit. Got them on eBay. The issue is the hole in the wall from the original switch and if it can be covered up by the newer one. One of mine worked fine but the other hole was bigger than needed so I need to fabricate a cover as the new switch doesn't cover the entire hole. Do a RV LED dimmer switch search on eBay and you'll see all the options. Can't paste and copy them in my phone right now.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #6504

Wink Pic's

Here are the ones I used.

rv led dimmer switch in Other | eBay
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2016, 08:48 AM   #6505

Winnebago Owners Club
SHURFLO 4048-153-E75 High Flow 4 GPM Multi-Fixture Automatic Demand Pump

Replaces the 5GPM that is no longer manufactured
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #6506
IC2

Since installing the second air conditioner, we no longer had a vent that could be left open in rainy weather so just bought a MAXXAIR ll cover. It sure isn't as pretty as the Aeroflo that was originally over the vent where the a/c was placed but we needed one now that would work with a power vent/fan. Interesting that none but the Fantastic Fan cover will allow 100% opening - and I didn't see that one until I punched the 'buy' button. Oh well
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #6507

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
I see Walmart carries them now. Guess they gave up on strictly TV orders with all the shipping and handling charges involved which is nonsense. I think I will get one for my coach. I like the idea of compact storage to save space over those bulky green/white hoses. I never drink water from the RV faucets anyway. Don't know if these hoses are safe to drink from, but great for showers. Thanks for giving me the idea!

Phil Swanson
We don't use the sleeky for drinking. I attach a "Y" valve to the water spicket and attach the white hose to our the MH and attach the sleeky to the other. I use the sleeky for cleaning the MH, car, boat trailer, boat etc. I never checked to see if the ends were less than 1/4" but I get more pressure than I need? I got it a Home Depot.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 PM   #6508

A new granite composite sink for the kitchen. DW hated the plastic/fiberglass one and complained how she missed the granite one she had in the S&B's. I just hope it handles the bounce and vibration of travel otherwise back to plastic.
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #6509

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
A Ice maker, tabletop style, 26 lbs per 24 hours. and a 3 year warranty anything goes out they'll send a new one.
So far works great.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #6510

Ford Super Duty Owner
O ring for water filter. Changed filter and discovered o ring missing from coach make ready. They just screwed it on tighter to stop leaks.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote