Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #11215

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC40QS View Post
I will turn 70 July, next year; as long as I have been able to, I've kept my cars "forever" and always garaged!

With today's car prices about equal to what I paid for my first home. one would think that people would put protection of that investment higher up in their priorities.

I'm amazed at how many of the people I know lease their cars.

When I have vehicle that I like to drive and spend a lot of time with, I form an emotional bond with that vehicle... the bomber crews in WWII did the same thing with their airplanes, so I know a lot of you get what I'm saying.

I'm a pretty pragmatic, non-mystical kind of guy but I've had so many experiences where I "felt" what my vehicle was going to do next that I truly have a hard time accepting that there's a possibility of mechanical identity...

OK OK… I'm not crazy but.. sometimes, you have to admit, they just feel like they have a soul!!

OMG - You are so very correct, not crazy at all!

There is a bit of soul in every humanly devised ["created"] item. When an item is looked after, especially as it "matures" due to age... that "soul" that was installed and instilled into it by the human "creator[s]" [builders] becomes ever more acceptable and ready to [as well as needing to] form bonds with those [humans] that continue to look after it. IMO [and it seems yours too] there is an ethereal bond that can become connected between the aging item's human caretaker and the aged item's soul itself.

I'll not get into the unlimited detail of nuances regarding this human to item soulful bond. However, I will mention a couple of dominant factors in bonds between humans and "items" souls.

1. Every item of any sort that a human "creates" [invents/designs/builds] was always there ready for the taking and undertaking of the human mind. And, any and all items will always be there for the taking - weather a human has "found" it yet or not. As example: Human cave persons did not have coffee cups [or even coffee for that matter - lol]. Then, eventually, some human invented the "cup" for which to hold liquids and to drink from. Obviously the design of the cup always existed. All it took for humanity to begin to have access to the "cup" was for a human mind to pull the cup's design out of the ether of existence and like magic - the "cup was "created"! So... by using that that relatively unimportant instance of human ability to create and build the "cup" - it is super simple to extrapolate that all human creations [those already found/developed / as well as those not yet found/developed] have been and always will be available for us to locate [think up] and in some sort of form create in physical presence or otherwise!

2. We were/are created in the likeness of "The Creator" [whom ever you may feel that is]. That said... the likeness we were given is not comprised of our physical form [our earthly human bodies] but rather the "likeness" to the "creator" with which we were imbibed is our ability to "create" items out of nothingness by using the power of our minds to pull the items' designs out of universal ether.

And, yes I have close bond with our 1967 Buick Wildcat. As well as with our several other older humanly "created" items!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #11216

Monaco Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Maybe just a few to many mushrooms back in the late 60’s? [emoji23]
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #11217

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The very last purchase was a 50 ft power cord to replace my 23ft stock cord. All installed now and had to reset the width on the power winder, it stores the cord in an enclosure.
No more dragging out that stupid extension cord because we where two feet short of reaching post.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #11218

I purchased a new mop for my wife so that she can do a better job cleaning the motorhome floor. Ha ha ha ha
Old 03-05-2020, 10:10 PM   #11219

a good hitch to pull my 18' car hauler with.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #11220

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Art View Post
OMG - You are so very correct, not crazy at all!

There is a bit of soul in every humanly devised ["created"] item. When an item is looked after, especially as it "matures" due to age... that "soul" that was installed and instilled into it by the human "creator[s]" [builders] becomes ever more acceptable and ready to [as well as needing to] form bonds with those [humans] that continue to look after it. IMO [and it seems yours too] there is an ethereal bond that can become connected between the aging item's human caretaker and the aged item's soul itself.

I'll not get into the unlimited detail of nuances regarding this human to item soulful bond. However, I will mention a couple of dominant factors in bonds between humans and "items" souls.

1. Every item of any sort that a human "creates" [invents/designs/builds] was always there ready for the taking and undertaking of the human mind. And, any and all items will always be there for the taking - weather a human has "found" it yet or not. As example: Human cave persons did not have coffee cups [or even coffee for that matter - lol]. Then, eventually, some human invented the "cup" for which to hold liquids and to drink from. Obviously the design of the cup always existed. All it took for humanity to begin to have access to the "cup" was for a human mind to pull the cup's design out of the ether of existence and like magic - the "cup was "created"! So... by using that that relatively unimportant instance of human ability to create and build the "cup" - it is super simple to extrapolate that all human creations [those already found/developed / as well as those not yet found/developed] have been and always will be available for us to locate [think up] and in some sort of form create in physical presence or otherwise!

2. We were/are created in the likeness of "The Creator" [whom ever you may feel that is]. That said... the likeness we were given is not comprised of our physical form [our earthly human bodies] but rather the "likeness" to the "creator" with which we were imbibed is our ability to "create" items out of nothingness by using the power of our minds to pull the items' designs out of universal ether.

And, yes I have close bond with our 1967 Buick Wildcat. As well as with our several other older humanly "created" items!

I’m first going to apologize for being off-topic and promise not to reply on this again.

I am fond of naming everything that is meaningful in my life. My RV is Homer, my car is Smarty, particular plants in my yard also have names. Spike and Spiney are Saguaro cacti brothers who I’ve nurtured for a year now. And yes I do talk to them. How I wish they could talk back.

I feel giving identity to the important objects in our life is only human.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #11221

I bought an 18' car hauler. Should be here in about two weeks.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:14 PM   #11222

What was the last thing you bought

Just bought and installed a Magnum MS2012 inverter/charger to replace a deceased 19 year old Heart Interface. The new unit plays nice with my 600w solar, and I have a new Remote with lights and everything.
blevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:34 AM   #11223

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
6 new Toyo M154 tires and 6 Trojan T105 6V 221 AGM house batteries.
Deepsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #11224

I purchased another friend to keep our other RVs company
I also purchased this new trailer at the same time.

In 2018, I purchased this truck to be able to haul them when needed and hay from our farm.

Now I'll be able to haul them to places to help with restorations.
Also should one of our RVs ever break down (not that, that would ever happen - Grin) I'll be able to haul it home.

Tony
UV Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:58 PM   #11225

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tony,

What type and year is your new motorhome? I don’t think I’ve seen one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #11226

Battery Organizer Storage Case with Hinged Clear Cover, Includes A Removable Battery Tester, Holds 93 Batteries Various Sizes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...=1583621129489
Old 03-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #11227

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tony,

What type and year is your new motorhome? I don’t think I’ve seen one.
It is called an Ultravan.
This one is close to the end of the run of them and I believe it is a 1970.
UV Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:57 PM   #11228

I bought a two pack of these C cell battery motion detector lights. https://amzn.to/2Q07WlF One for the bathroom and one for the bedroom. They are the best. We used to use the AA battery model but it seemed like we were always replacing the batteries. These larger models use 3 C size batteries and they seem to last forever in the house. We have been moving them in and out of the house, now we have dedicated ones for the Motorhome. I am going to mount them with screws using the built in template. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote