Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #11509

Oil and filter. Changing before upcoming trip.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #11510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
I am clueless, what is it used for?
Just a coax cable, but I liked the 90 degree built in fitting. Makes sense for my trailer. If you subscribe to the 90 degree theory on the fitting for city water, it makes sense for coax too. We'll see.
Jack Klompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #11511

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Klompus View Post
Just a coax cable, but I liked the 90 degree built in fitting. Makes sense for my trailer. If you subscribe to the 90 degree theory on the fitting for city water, it makes sense for coax too. We'll see.
Totally. All of that data pressure, particularly with today's insane bandwidth speeds and continuous fluctuation can weaken the joint in no time.

Nobody should ever have to to clean up from a broken COAX spewing raw data all over a clean RV.

(seriously - 90 degree coax connectors look great and make for a nice clean fit)
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #11512

Well this is exciting!! Put on new springs on the rear HWH leveling jacks to make them active again after being stubborn and Snappads on all 4 feet. All is well with the world. Sweet deal!!!
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #11513

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Three windows defogged. The large triple panel bay window on the driver side looks brand new. RV Fog Dr. Searcy AR. First class service, shop, and great people.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #11514

Getting things working again!

I am a happy camper! (but I am looking for Moe, Larry, and Curly)
Been working on my Bounder's Onan Marquis Gold 5500 generator. It would only run 15-20 minutes and stop...
Started with a new fuel pump (std issue that the fuel pump mount doesn't line up like original and need modification), filter, and fuel line from fuel pump to carb filter. Then found line from fuel tank was kaput from age and leaking... had to figure out how to stop leaking fuel long enough to go to the part house for new line...which took 2 trips...since the guy didn't give me the 7ft I asked for, but only 5 ft!... then replaced the line (again, quick as a bunny to keep the full 75 gallon tank from completely leaking out)... then found out that the new filter on the fuel pump was defective and leaking, so replaced with the previous fuel filter.... THEN found the carburetor fuel filter was leaking also, when started, which is a known issue from Onan. Ordered the replacement part from Amazon (a straight thru pipe) Next day delivery... Amazon guy delivers an open, EMPTY, bag... takes 2 hours to get Amazon to realize their error and then have to reorder... but they can no longer deliver in one day.... Final part arrived a little while ago... took 10 min to pull the old filter, put the replacement part in, hook up fuel line and fire the generator up.... with the A/C running.... it has been running for 1.5 hours, in 99 degree weather... without a hitch..... FINALLY!!!! Yeah!
ldswofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #11515

So, we are almost there. Over a year in planning and then battling with code enforcement. It has power and all of the plumbing should be done tomorrow and we know now how well she fits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1963.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	292667   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1960.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	292668  

Old 07-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #11516

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
I just bought these replacement blue ox safety cable kits. https://amzn.to/2Cbse7V I really really like the new type of keeper. I never liked the rubber ones, these new style are so much easier to use. I know its an exaggeration but it feels like it takes 5 minutes less to hook up and the same when unhooking! This upgrade has made me a "happy camper". -Bill
Boy, I hear ya! I have these roadmaster cables (supplied by the installer) The big hook with spring loaded retainer is a royal pain! It doesn't fit around the holes in the receiver with the retainers in the way. I just switched over to two more of the threaded quick links.
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #11517

4 collapsible cones and 6 LED flares
Old 07-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #11518

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
4 collapsible cones and 6 LED flares
I hope you never have to use them!

But, probably kinda hard to come by at the location you first need them.

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #11519

A collapsable ladder. Folds up, to about 4"x6"x6'. Sometimes I even use it for work at [Mod Edit]a tree service company.
Tree Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #11520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Guy View Post
A collapsable ladder. Folds up, to about 4"x6"x6'. Sometimes I even use it for work at

[Mod Edit]a tree service company
Hey TG

I looked at pages on your site... didn't see collapsable 4" x 6" x 6' ladder.

Photo available??

Thanks!

Art

[Mod Edit]
Old 07-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #11521

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Led bulbs to repair my indicator lights that do not work, burnt out.

Two new switches to fix my driver and passenger side shade issues, they go down but not up.
Now they work both ways.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #11522

Bought and installed this 2x2 Mimo antenna with TS-9 Jacks to help my 7730L Verizon hotspot and possibly for my Nighthawk hotspot. https://amzn.to/2AOTo3U So far only tested while in front of the house. It changed the bars from 2 to 5 which was impressive. It did not change the download speed, but it made the upload speed about 20% faster, from 25 Mbps to 30 Mbps which means to me the antenna is really helping and should really help when on the fringe of cell service. The testing was obviously in a big city using my FMCA $50 jetpack plan. -Bill
Attached Images

2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote