Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #7981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itasca66 View Post
I can't believe anyone hasn't said the magic words yet Money pit.

Itasca66
Money pit, hobby, lifestyle, whatever you call it...it ends up eating the money. Your going to spend it somewhere, might as well be on what you enjoy.

This thread will never end! Just like a house, it is never ending for the things you can do and the things you have to do to maintain the lifestyle. [emoji6]

Just added a second sewer hose storage tube under the rear of our toy hauler and replaced both sewer hoses with Valterra Viper Hoses.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #7982

Fleetwood Owners Club
Money pit says it all. This year has been a disaster when it comes to unexpected expenses, mechanical breakdown on Hwy 5 and repair was $4500. Coming home from picking up the coach and had two check ngoni light events that when checked out and repaired cost $2632. Diesels are so expensive to repair it is ridiculous. Now we do have improvements purchased, MCD roller shades for the living area, Amana fridge to replace the Dometic, replacement Tire Tracker monitor, new sewer hoses and soon new house batteries as the Lifelines installed in 2011 are losing their charge. As we age everything we own gets older and keeping it all working takes big dollars. Social Security raise also bought one Starbucks latte[emoji23] Off to Newfoundland soon and hoping everything keeps working. 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 38,000 miles. Thought that diesel motors last longer may be true but everything attached to them fail just like a gasser but cost three times as much to repair has been our experience.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #7983

I have three, RV, Classic car, and a Hot Rod. And I hear people complain about an RV!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #7984

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bought a Ravpower 60 watt six outlet USB charger for $22 off Amazon. Super fast charging for all devices in one place.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #7985

A new bike rack. The old one did not work well with my son's bike because of the offset top tube. It would let his front tire hang really low and we'd pretty much always drag the tire through the tunnels at Watkins Glen.

I don't see that happening this year.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2202.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	161727  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #7986

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm17 View Post
You will love the LevelMatePro it is super accurate to .25 of an inch
Main reason for buying it is I carry a 3 wheel scooter up behind cab on a platform and that blocks my view of my 'old guy' bubble level......and got tired of carrying 2 leveling boards
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #7987

Freightliner Owners Club
4 new gas spring shocks for the storage doors and a new latch for the screen door. Gas shocks were $22/ea and that plastic latch was $63!!!
Old 05-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #7988

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itasca66 View Post
lol yes they always get better.
Just running calculator on it.
Can shock most.👍😁

Itasca66
I don't keep a running tally or spread sheet of what I spend on my RV. Ignorance is bliss.

I live here and if I think it will improve my standard of living, I get it. What I have been able to resist is trading for a newer model. The thought of moving everything out of this one keeps me humble.

My most recent purchase -- storage containers for better clutter control. They are black so I can't see the clutter without removing the lid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #7989

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
4 new gas spring shocks for the storage doors and a new latch for the screen door. Gas shocks were $22/ea and that plastic latch was $63!!!
Did you get robbed on that latch? The one is metal and less than $18. I've had one for 4+ years and it holds up nicely to FT use.

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-T...or+latch+metal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #7990

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Did you get robbed on that latch? The one is metal and less than $18. I've had one for 4+ years and it holds up nicely to FT use.
I looked at a lot of latches...but nothing came close to Fleetwood's Excel screen door. The latch also has female latch that hooks into the main door. Other latches don't have that. On another thread I found that the only way to replace this latch was to call Fleetwood and order it. They are using a replacement that's supposed to fit the existing screws since Excel is out of business. I knew I wasn't going to get away with an $18 latch.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #7991

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought an extra 1 gal pump up sprayer to use on road trips to help rinse the windshield while cleaning off the bugs. Most places don't mind the bucket of soapy water to clean it, but won't let you use a hose for rinsing. I already carry one for spraying the parking spot for bugs.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #7992

Carolina Campers
Honda EG2800i. Fully powers my TT, granted it is not a large one but works AC, MW, TV and refrig at same time. I am happy, pretty quiet too.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:32 AM   #7993

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplecamper View Post
Honda EG2800i. Fully powers my TT, granted it is not a large one but works AC, MW, TV and refrig at same time. I am happy, pretty quiet too.
Just curious how you connect that to the TT?
Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 AM   #7994

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dual USB charger socket with battery volt indicator.

Coach had a 3 gang outlet between the the driver and passenger with 2 cig plugs and 1 phone jack. Had very nice flip covers that i didn't want to change to look of.

Like who is going to use a phone jack land line in theses days. I'm not for sure.

Took out the phone jack, modified the opening and spliced into the existing cig plug wires for the usb.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote