Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #8387

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I also bought a RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow bar and a Road Master EZ5 Base Plate. I also bought an SMI Duo Stay in Play Brake System.

If this is a double post will the moderator please remove this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1736-1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	170505   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1737.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	170506  

Name:	DSCN1738.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	170507  
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #8388

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I also bought a RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow bar and a Road Master EZ5 Base Plate. I also bought an SMI Duo Stay in Play Brake System.

If this is a double post will the moderator please remove this.

Makes a beautiful installation doesn't it!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #8389

Spare Tire, Wheel, and Mount

In prep for our first trip out of my comfort zone (where I won't know who I can call without having to go through roadside assistance) I looked, hunted, researched (mostly one here), and created a bunch of relief....

Curt spare tire mount for a Reese hitch, (Don't remember the cost)
Used Michelin tire from Craigslist, exact same tire as OEM, 3 months newer, and 1/32 less tread than on the coach. Tire had a small nail that was in the perfect place. Patched by my favorite tire shop and mounted with metal stem. Total of $110 in tire.
New aftermarket wheel that checked for runout when balanced $75.00 (I think)
Wheel studs and nuts are OEM replacement. The bottom two will bear the weight and the top bolt is just to stabilize it.
Then the anti-wiggle/jiggle thingy (technical term).
Large 4 way lug wrench, $21.
This is all a temporary solution. The ultimate plan is to create a mount and use a tire mount that will retract it between the frame rails behind the tank to free up the hitch for the soon to be toad..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Curt Tire Mount.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	170523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare tire and wrench.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	170524  

Name:	Spare tire mounted.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	170525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare tire tread.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	170529  

Old 07-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #8390

Lighted pineapple for under the awning.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:52 PM   #8391

Alpine Owners Club
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
In prep for our first trip out of my comfort zone (where I won't know who I can call without having to go through roadside assistance) I looked, hunted, researched (mostly one here), and created a bunch of relief....

Curt spare tire mount for a Reese hitch, (Don't remember the cost)
Used Michelin tire from Craigslist, exact same tire as OEM, 3 months newer, and 1/32 less tread than on the coach. Tire had a small nail that was in the perfect place. Patched by my favorite tire shop and mounted with metal stem. Total of $110 in tire.
New aftermarket wheel that checked for runout when balanced $75.00 (I think)
Wheel studs and nuts are OEM replacement. The bottom two will bear the weight and the top bolt is just to stabilize it.
Then the anti-wiggle/jiggle thingy (technical term).
Large 4 way lug wrench, $21.
This is all a temporary solution. The ultimate plan is to create a mount and use a tire mount that will retract it between the frame rails behind the tank to free up the hitch for the soon to be toad..

Go to www.roadmasterinc.com and checkout their "Quiet Hitch" (anti-wiggle/jiggle thingy) http://roadmasterinc.com/products/ac...tch/quiet.html and "Spare Tire Carrier", makes mounting and dismounting the spare much easier, http://roadmasterinc.com/products/spare_tire/index.html
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:00 AM   #8392

Front and rear Hellwig Anti Sway Bars , Koni FSD shocks (wished I'd stayed with tried and trued Bilstein shocks tho) installed them, went on a 600 mile trip Anti Sway Bars worked great over the puny stock ones , Koni shocks were a very very disappointment ride especially the fronts , dove in every dip in the road felt like I was on a boat !I actually think the stock front shocks did better !

Just received the Smart Light 1000,,, Motion Sensor Light , will install it this weekend.
Had it on our last MH liked it , worked great ! The light is off, then when someone or something walks by close it comes on.
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:34 AM   #8393

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
ProFill battery watering aystem.

Those are the "cats meow" (whatever that means"
Old 07-29-2017, 06:17 AM   #8394

Fleetwood Owners Club
I like the look of it.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #8395

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Nice
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 AM   #8396

Dave & Bobbi, I looked at that carrier but having to work on SWMBO's budget and knowing it is a temporary solution I didn't think it would be worth the price. If I had the 19s or 22s, it would be an entirely different story.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #8397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Set of 6 M154 Toyo tires 265/75/22.5

My 10 year old XRV Michelins were getting side wall cracks near the bead, not deep, but worrisome. The coach only has 15,000+ on it, only had 5,300 on it when I bought it November 2015.
Did you keep the Michelins out in the sun allot? I have 10 yr old Michelins too and they still look like new. Coach is garaged and tires are covered when parked.

Phil Swanson
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #8398

Freightliner Owners Club
Replaced my Michelins in AZ this spring when we got there. Front passenger tire had very small cracks near the bead. Others tires looked good. They were manufactured in the spring of 2009 making them 8 years old. Decided to replace them all. I've seen two MH rollovers both were pulling toads. You never want this to happen to you. Our coach is garaged when not in use and the tires are covered when RVing on the road. Age is the culprit....not mileage and there's nothing to protect them from age. Rubber simply breaks down over time.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:12 PM   #8399

Tire carrier

""Spare Tire Carrier", makes mounting and dismounting the spare much easier, http://roadmasterinc.com/products/spare_tire/index.html"

I have one of these and with 90Lb, 22 inch tires it makes it possible for one person to load and remove the spare. It has worked well for over 6 months travel on Alaskan dirt roads. I acquired one because I have a DP and must be able to open the rear hatch. I was concerned about the extension to my tow setup, but it has presented no problem and allowed me to install an amateur radio antenna mount between the tire and the rear of the coach. They are expensive, but well made and serve their purpose well.

It also allowed me to install the spare tire cover which displays our "Wild Eagle" logo :-)
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #8400

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Did you keep the Michelins out in the sun allot? I have 10 yr old Michelins too and they still look like new. Coach is garaged and tires are covered when parked.

Phil Swanson
Last 3 years, covered storage. Don't know about previous owner although I suspect it had covered storage, vehicle looked new when I found it. Inside duals looked same as outside, so I suspect sunlight was not the main culprit.