Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #8555

Tiffin Owners Club
Most recent purchases are, bathroom ceiling fan, tail light led sockets and bulbs, trailer light control module, two reels to wind up fresh water hoses, in dash stereo, tires all around, gfi surge protector, hand held shower nozzle and hose, replaced all four tail light housings and lenses.
Tkel757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #8556

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
That will depend on the trailer's insulation factors but even more importantly, how warm you like it inside in chilly weather. We just got 2 weeks of only overnight, 65 degree use, some fridge and cooking in our pretty big 5er on a 30 pound tank which may not have been 100% full.

Enjoy it - propane is a reasonable cost for good fun

Very true! We have (if not _the best_ a contender for sure) ORV out of LaGrande, Oregon. 2 inch walls, and I could go on and on lol...

We tend to keep it at 62-65* F just like the sticks and bricks. Warm clothes and heavy blankets and throws make it easy.

How big is your big 5er?? Ya got me curious...
We are in the 20FQ. With 2 - 30 lb tanks.

Yes, very grateful for good prices. May fall continue in disguise as winter lol. More snow this week!!
Old 09-19-2017, 01:30 AM   #8557

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A dozen bottles of wine and some more single-malt. Also purchased a 2" Sleep Number gel topper for the DS Dormi-Sofa air mattress.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #8558
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
A new Traveler sat dish reflector. Turns out they don't hold up well when left up and then driven under a low hanging sign (after 300 freeway miles no less). Sign was over the entrance to our overnight stop. Bang! "What was that!?"

I was sure the entire unit was destroyed. Turns out it still worked, although we lost about 1/2 our channels. New reflector (and about 5 minutes of my time) seems to have restored full function. Whew!
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #8559
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSam View Post
Very true! We have (if not _the best_ a contender for sure) ORV out of LaGrande, Oregon. 2 inch walls, and I could go on and on lol...

We tend to keep it at 62-65* F just like the sticks and bricks. Warm clothes and heavy blankets and throws make it easy.

How big is your big 5er?? Ya got me curious...

We are 38 feet, 4 slides and I just found out that some CGs consider us a 'big rig' after a couple discussions with their owners. Makes me wonder what they consider the 40 footer plus 5ers

We are in the 20FQ. With 2 - 30 lb tanks.

Yes, very grateful for good prices. May fall continue in disguise as winter lol. More snow this week!!
I looked at the ORV website - appear to a nice rig but probably not sold here on the East Coast

We can just about wish for some of your cool fall weather here as it has been in the very humid high 70s to high 80s after a brush with some cool 30s air while in the NH White Mountains a couple weeks ago. Even Northern Maine and New Brunswick was too warm
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #8560

Wink The tank. . .

Just had a 65 gallon Titan Fuel tank installed in my F350. Stock was 36. Now we can stop when we want to vs. have to. Had truck reprogrammed with full tank shows 843 miles to empty. Gezzzzzzz.
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #8561

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Toilet paper....AGAIN!!
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #8562

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
A new Traveler sat dish reflector. Turns out they don't hold up well when left up and then driven under a low hanging sign (after 300 freeway miles no less). Sign was over the entrance to our overnight stop. Bang! "What was that!?"

I was sure the entire unit was destroyed. Turns out it still worked, although we lost about 1/2 our channels. New reflector (and about 5 minutes of my time) seems to have restored full function. Whew!
Passed a MH yesterday on I-90 who had his TV antenna still up. Wonder what sign or overpass he encountered??
Old 09-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #8563

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
two new optima gel batteries to replace the two original Harris deep cell...we don't have an inverter and use the generator to watch a show or two while on the road. We usually have electric every four or five nights...I think the Jensen radio drained the house batteries because it never turns off...the light with the time is on all the time even when the radio is off. We are heading to CW to see if the radio falls under our extended warranty because we no longer can fix the time.....
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #8564

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
Toilet paper....AGAIN!!
Totally unnecessary. Get a Sears catalog or save your corn cobs! You can also go in the bushes where they have nice wide leaves.
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #8565

Beings as I've had this trailer awhile, now just pick'n fly crap out of the pepper.......borescope camera to check out A/C ducks, screen door grab handle, and parts to open entry door without moving the slider in screen door
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #8566

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Arriving Friday. Anyone have opinions? (TT Use)
https://youtu.be/b4JQV15VzBc
Old 09-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #8567

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Totally unnecessary. Get a Sears catalog or save your corn cobs! You can also go in the bushes where they have nice wide leaves.
Be careful with the leaves
BSA recommend a smooth rock.
Nor sure a great thing for the black tank
[emoji52]
Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #8568
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought and installed a push pump for more reliable operation of the Onan generator (prevent fuel starving)