Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #8681

Carolina Campers
What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Big boy toys are fun... and expensive... that is what she said...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #8682

LP gas line & fittings

Been needing to extend the LP line to the far side of the deck. Added another fitting and the rubber hose and connected to the low side of the coach LP system. Now we can run the LP heater in the coach if needed and no winterizing .
Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #8683

The bad thing about "The Hobby" is there is a lousy return on investment. Nobody wants an old motorhome unless it is a classic ride. That's why you have to drive the heck out of them to get your money back out.
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #8684

Freightliner Owners Club
Two thermostats......didn't know Cat had two thermostats? One was stuck open and the other one was fine. Probably been like that since we've owned it. Always wondered why in 100 degree heat pulling the Jeep or boat up mountains....it ran cool as a cucumber, but in February running down to AZ we wore long johns and ski gear?????
Old 10-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #8685

Gulf Streamers Club
5 gallons of Oil for the engine and an Oil Filter. Hopefully I will have it back from the body shop next week and can change the oil before I put it to sleep for the winter. Other wise I will drain the oil over the winter and fill it up next spring. I will place the Oil Filter on the drivers seat and the keys on the oil bucket so I have no senior moments. When it comes home I need to burn the propane out of the tank so I can change the fill valve and then fill the tank before I place it in the barn. Last winter the barn smelled like propane and that is when I found the fill valve leaking. Called the local propane supplier and they said I had to empty the tank before they could unscrew the fill valve and install the new one. I was hoping they could pump out the tank, they said it is not possible on Motor Home Tanks unless the generator was a liquid propane system. Mine is Vapor draw. At least I can fill my own tank from the 500 gallon house propane pig with out having to go to the supplier. I can't wait for spring, I hate winter.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #8686

New oil pan, $2,000+ with labor...
Old 10-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #8687

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
New oil pan, $2,000+ with labor...
Mark what did you do to your oil pan??
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #8688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
5 gallons of Oil for the engine and an Oil Filter. Hopefully I will have it back from the body shop next week and can change the oil before I put it to sleep for the winter. Other wise I will drain the oil over the winter and fill it up next spring. I will place the Oil Filter on the drivers seat and the keys on the oil bucket so I have no senior moments. When it comes home I need to burn the propane out of the tank so I can change the fill valve and then fill the tank before I place it in the barn. Last winter the barn smelled like propane and that is when I found the fill valve leaking. Called the local propane supplier and they said I had to empty the tank before they could unscrew the fill valve and install the new one. I was hoping they could pump out the tank, they said it is not possible on Motor Home Tanks unless the generator was a liquid propane system. Mine is Vapor draw. At least I can fill my own tank from the 500 gallon house propane pig with out having to go to the supplier. I can't wait for spring, I hate winter.
Surprised they didn't put a temporary fill valve over the leaking one.

https://propanewarehouse.com/shop/fi...valve-adapter/
Attached Images

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #8689

MasterChief,

Why does the oil need to be drained for the winter?

Just curious.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #8690

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Big boy toys are fun... and expensive... that is what she said...
My brother had a sign on his pickup that read - "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." It applies to us girls, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #8691

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My brother had a sign on his pickup that read - "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." It applies to us girls, too.
So true. My husband owns one vehicle. I own 3 trucks a SUV a Bennington 2275FS and trailer and the Winnebago. I also owned 2 sport bikes (shared one with my husband lol) sold them when I messed up my knees.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #8692

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I bought a pair of new knees and now am truly in my second childhood. Thankfully Medicare and insurance paid most of the costs. I highly recommend them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #8693
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
What are "new knees" on an RV?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #8694

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
What are "new knees" on an RV?

Lori-
The things that allow me to climb the stairs. Sorry for getting off topic I promise to behave from here forward.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]