Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #9647

Will the EMS help? .............

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhicks View Post
Sounds like one leg of 50A went high. An EMS is the right thing to do.

I'm not so sure. He had a weak or lost ground so the two 120V sides became unbalanced due to load not being balanced on the two 120V sides (and the ground not being there to carry the difference and ensure the two sides remained at 120V regardless of load). This happened on the "load" side of the connection -- in the power cord end. The EMS protection is between that cord end and the park electrical system, and won't know the ground is lost in the power cord. So won't help. It's there to protect the coach from problems in the park electrical system and there was not problem there.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #9648

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought a keyless door lock from RV Lock. There's a funny story that goes along with it. We're new full-timers, and I had received the lock when we still had a house, and I was lazy and didn't install it when we moved to the coach. Well, a couple of weeks after we went full-time, we had just pulled into the KOA in Sioux Falls, and I tried to go outside, but the door wouldn't open! All of my tools were in the basement of the coach, but I have a phillips screwdriver on my Swiss Army knife, and I was able to remove the inside cover of the door lock. Well, it turned out that the latch was broken in half (cheap metal?), but I couldn't remove it from the housing with my fingers. I saw a KOA worker who was parking another rig a couple of sites down from me, and I started honking the horn on the coach. He saw me waving him over, and I was able to give him my key to the basement through the driver's window, have him get me a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the latch out, and open the door. I then installed my new keyless door lock, which I highly recommend. The moral of the story: When you get a new item for your rig, INSTALL IT IMMEDIATELY!!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #9649
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
2 lightweight/portable outdoor games. They break down to fit in small carry cases that easily fit in a bay.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laddertoss.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	209488   Click image for larger version

Name:	cornhole.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	209489  

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 AM   #9650
IC2

A Carefree of Colorado Sideblocker to go with our Carefree Sunblocker.

Also an indoor-outdoor thermometer, replacing one that after 4 years no longer will transmit through the RVs walls but works just fine at the S&B
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #9651

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkx View Post
I'm not so sure. The EMS protection is between that cord end and the park electrical system, and won't know the ground is lost in the power cord. So won't help. It's there to protect the coach from problems in the park electrical system and there was not problem there.
Not clear on what you are saying. If using a portable EMS that would plug into the CG pedestal i would agree that it wouldn't know there was a probem as the shore cord is plugged into the EMS on the out side. The portable EMS would be monitoring everything before it which will be the CG pedistal and before and not the shore cord or coach.

If the EMS is hard wired into the coach (which i am doing) the shore cord from the EMS in the coach then to the pedestal should be protected. The hard wired EMS will be monitoring everything before it which will be the shore cord, pedistal and everything before that.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #9652
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
2 lightweight/portable outdoor games. They break down to fit in small carry cases that easily fit in a bay.

Lori-
Just make sure there are no nearby ceiling fans before use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:45 AM   #9653

Telescoping ladder to get on roof of TT. Kind of amazing why RV manufacturers cheap out and not keep ladders as standard equipment!!
Guess some would claim to keep it a lightweight TT!? Although, I bet telescoping ladders are twice the weight !?
HRvindeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:57 AM   #9654
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRvindeb View Post
Telescoping ladder to get on roof of TT. Kind of amazing why RV manufacturers cheap out and not keep ladders as standard equipment!!
Guess some would claim to keep it a lightweight TT!? Although, I bet telescoping ladders are twice the weight !?
There may be a good reason for no ladder.

Be really careful getting on the roof of a 'microlite' trailer. Some, not all, will not support your weight without using what I call step boards between rafters. On a TT we had a few years ago, I made a couple up from 3/8x18x48 plywood - and that TT, a Sunline Solaris was NOT a 'lite' unit
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #9655

Odds and ends from Amazon today. Leaving Saturday for 10 days with Mrs Freqz and the boys.

First up is a roll up dish rack

Roll-up Dish Drying Rack Foldable Stainless Steel Over Sink Rack Kitchen Drainer Rack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0173GPLA2..._DrppBbMFYKAYG

And a ice cube hootus that I just couldn’t resist trying for $12
Ice Genie Maker- HAWXS- The Revolutionary Space Saving- Portable And Compact- Perfect For Chilling Out Beverages And Drinks- Drink Holder -Ice Cube Genie- Beverage Cooler- Ice Bucket- LARGE SIZE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVK2BJT..._8sppBb61J7Y3S

A pack of short iPhone cables to tame the mess on the counter under the TV

and some hanging closet organizers to make better use of the wardrobes next to the bed and the large wardrobe across from the bath.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #9656
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Just make sure there are no nearby ceiling fans before use.
Any ladder golf will be an outside sport.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #9657

Sunscreen heat reflective shield for shower skylight
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #9658

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-

We do Cowboy Golf (the top one). Fun game and the nieces and nephews enjoy it also. Today I loaded into the motor home for the family reunion on the 28th.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #9659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Sunscreen heat reflective shield for shower skylight

Was it ready made? General purpose reflective material? How did you mount it? Thanks.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #9660

Last purchase

Thermistor for the fridge. The camper is a 2014 and this is the first time the temp will cool below 40 degrees. Purchased tank treatment also.
Chaparral is offline   Reply With Quote