Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #11075

"Duke"... Barn find [actually, undercover... in a barn!]

Deceased Relatives boat [Duke was orig owner]. 1988 19' Blue Water ski/fun boat w/ Mercruiser I/O; 6 seater with cuddy cabin. Approx use - 300 hrs. Latest CA sticker on her 2005. Last time in water around 2000. Always in freshwater, never in saltwater. Registration kept up each year by widow; came with 2021 stickers. Took her this long to let it go, Duke passed 5 years ago and was ill for years before. They loved their boat. Till this June at my wife's B-Day party... we never knew she still had it "under wraps".

Needs good clean up and wax job... otherwise it's pretty much like new. Bow hatch window needs replacement [shattered somehow] and new battery. I'll clean out gas tank, refresh oil, ck all fluids, hoses, belts etc in engine and outdrive, new plugs etc... then fire her up!

Now we have three boats... OMG!! This beauty is for lake times with our RV! The other two are stored/used in SF Delta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duke.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	266086  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #11076

I finally broke down and bought https://amzn.to/2K0I9a1 a Genturi.. I had built my own a couple years back but it was just too cumbersome to use due to weight and fittings I used so I rarely brought it out. This year I caravan'd with a couple that had one of these and it took seconds to setup and take down. While mine took 20 minutes up and the same to stow. Including the need for a step ladder. I also ordered the extension. https://amzn.to/33n2rCe but it has yet to be shipped..-Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #11077

We try again,

Curt A-20 fifth wheel and mounts,
Progressive 50amp Hardwired EMS,
Assorted new sewer line items,
Maxx Air covers,
All the new linen and bed accessories for the king size bed,
area rug for the living area,
and I am sure that I forgot some stuff, but there will be another list soon after we pick the new one up.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #11078

Post Heui filter

Just installed the after Heui pump filter system from IFS. I'll ride a little easier now knowing if my pump goes out it wont take the injectors with it.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #11079

Weboost since we seem to always have issues getting signals were usually go. now where to put the antenna
Old 11-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #11080

New drinking water hose.
bigdadof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #11081

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
Weboost since we seem to always have issues getting signals were usually go. now where to put the antenna
This post has some pictures on this post that shows you a couple. I bought a whole house weboost for our motor home.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/cell-...ed-416446.html
nvs4602 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #11082

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
This post has some pictures on this post that shows you a couple. I bought a whole house weboost for our motor home.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/cell-...ed-416446.html
Nice, thank you
Old 11-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #11083

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post

I'm waiting for the eco-diesel to come out....in the mean time enjoy your Wrangler, we sure do. PS...going to have to edit that Acadia off your Signature!!
Old 11-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #11084
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
I'm waiting for the eco-diesel to come out....in the mean time enjoy your Wrangler, we sure do. PS...going to have to edit that Acadia off your Signature!!
It's available for ordering now. All it takes is a wheelbarrow of gold.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #11085

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought this Black 2019 JGC Trailhawk to replace our stolen Velvet Pearl Red 2016 JGC Overland.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343-1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	531.8 KB
ID:	266811  
Attached Images

"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #11086

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. I loved it until about 6 weeks ago. I had 56, 000 miles on it and I did all the required service on or before time. When I was 1900 miles from home in Las Vegas it started losing water, but there was no water on the street. I took it to the local Jeep dealer. I was told it needed a new radiator and a new engine. I am now stuck in Las Vegas and I understand I MAY get my car back late this Friday.

First, they could not get an engine - after I called Chrysler corporate, the engine finally arrived - it only took 4 weeks. They started the replacement and discovered the wrong turbo has been shipped so there was another multi-week parts delay. I was originally told the replacement would take 3 days. I am now told it will take over a week.

I am not so sure I am interested in another eco-diesel since my wife and I have been stuck here without even an loaner car for more than 6 weeks (Yes we asked).

Hopefully, this will have a happy ending, but it does not look very good from where I sit at the moment.
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #11087

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhotoWizard View Post
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. I loved it until about 6 weeks ago. I had 56, 000 miles on it and I did all the required service on or before time. When I was 1900 miles from home in Las Vegas it started losing water, but there was no water on the street. I took it to the local Jeep dealer. I was told it needed a new radiator and a new engine. I am now stuck in Las Vegas and I understand I MAY get my car back late this Friday.

First, they could not get an engine - after I called Chrysler corporate, the engine finally arrived - it only took 4 weeks. They started the replacement and discovered the wrong turbo has been shipped so there was another multi-week parts delay. I was originally told the replacement would take 3 days. I am now told it will take over a week.

I am not so sure I am interested in another eco-diesel since my wife and I have been stuck here without even an loaner car for more than 6 weeks (Yes we asked).

Hopefully, this will have a happy ending, but it does not look very good from where I sit at the moment.

Sorry for your troubles. Very poor customer service from Jeep and the dealer. Thanks for the warning. Post a complaint on their social media account. I bet you’ll get faster action.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #11088

I bought this Satellite Gaget https://amzn.to/2OjC6Pn prior to driving down the Cassiar Highway this summer. There was no cell service for about 500 miles of it and thought I could set it up to contact my roadside assistance provider which "was" goodsam. They would only take a phone call. I called Coachnet but they are still in the process of setting that up. They said it should be ready in 2020. So I probably wasted my money. But it did work to send updates to the family so that was pretty cool.

BTW, the Cassiar Highway was an incredible drive!

-Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote