Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #11817

Set of wheel covers from Classic Accessories on Amazon and a basement door latch from RV Designer #E525 also on Amazon. The basement latch was really easy. All I needed was a square drive bit, phillips and a needle nose. Even out in the dark with a flashlight it only took 10-15 min.
There were cheaper latches in a four pack but I'm hoping this one is of better quality and will hold up longer. This was my first and I have at least one more to do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2020, 12:14 AM   #11818

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
One remaining downside to these, you need to manually deploy them.....
No different than any other mounted unit, just smaller, lasts longer and leaves no mess... as far as I can tell that is. I doubt I'll test one, I'll take Leno's word!
SC40QS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:55 AM   #11819

I plan to purchase [THIA by PROTENG] automatic release fire extinguishers for my boat's enclosed twin screw engine compartment/room and for our baby RV - "Sweetie's" engine area!

The other [Element Fire Extinguishers] new, hand actuated extinguishers [mentioned in recent posts] I will purchase to place alongside the numerous old-school extinguishers already in boat and RV... also in house.

Can't be too careful regarding fire!!

Thanks for all your posts re these extinguishers. This is why it's great to belong to websites such as these.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #11820

Built and added a console stand

While having the captain chairs redone I built a console stand with a pull out drawer. I saw something like it somewhere on these forms and liked the idea. Thanks to who ever did the first one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	build.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	304998   Click image for larger version

Name:	build 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	304999  

Name:	build 3.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	305000  
Old 10-16-2020, 09:33 PM   #11821

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
While having the captain chairs redone I built a console stand with a pull out drawer. I saw something like it somewhere on these forms and liked the idea. Thanks to who ever did the first one.
That looks great, Harry. Redoing our console pillar is going to be a winter project for me. I’ll unscrew it from the doghouse and dash and remove the padded lower and add a drawer like you did.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 PM   #11822

Forest River Owners Club
Just traded in our 2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA. It brought us much joy over the years and one would think because we just retired we would travel. However we decided to purchase a destination trailer and keep it permanently at our small cabin near the Alpine Village of Helen Georgia. We will miss the motor home and all the fun we had with it, but we are looking forward to all the fun our family will be able to enjoy with us because we are all less than one hour away.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:27 AM   #11823

That's a great location Bonabob. We have camped/RVed there around Helen many times. We love the area and many times we go to Franklin which we consider fairly close. Most often we wind up in Cherokee for a couple of weeks.
Here in North Florida, we never have to worry about water pipes freezing. So, I think we'll stay. Maybe one day we will get brave and try life in a higher place.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #11824
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
A new water/flush solinoid for one of our electric toilets.

I meant to take a photo before I pulled it out but much of the rubber/nylon gasket meant to seal the inlet hose to solinoid connection was found inside the solinoid inlet fitting. Meant to be a "finger tight" connection it was obvious that during original assembly someone had grabbed a pair of pliers and really cranked down on it. Hmm, I wonder why the solinoid failed?

Unfortunately the new part did not come with a new gasket/o-ring, much smaller than a standard water hose gasket. Took the old valve to the hardware store, couldn't find a small enough gasket, did find a rubber grommet the correct diameter. So far no leaks, new valve is working as it should.

Something to be said for low tech, in this case gravity toilets.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #11825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
We had a 50 amp outlet added to the garage for our newer to us coach. Then bought a 50’ 50 amp extension cord for the times we want to pull into a site. Hopefully we will never come up short.
If you don't mind me asking.... How much did this (outlet addition) cost you to have done?

I've been considering it, and haven't yet called an electrician, but wonder how much I am going to be in for with a project like this...
thedood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #11826

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ19 View Post
Solar panels, Under carriage lights and gas struts for the cargo bay doors. I also finally got the console wired up and put lights in the compartments on it. Switch installed right on the left side to turn lights off on the console. These provide just enough light in the footwell area at night as well.
Hello thanks for sharing the great images of your coach. Could you share the measurement of the shocks open and closed and the number on the shock I sure would like to install them on my coach.

Thanks Mike
Idleup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #11827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Hello thanks for sharing the great images of your coach. Could you share the measurement of the shocks open and closed and the number on the shock I sure would like to install them on my coach.

Thanks Mike
Mike I don't know the measurements but I can give you the part numbers from Renegade for the items you need. I am sure they can give you all that info. I am not right by the coach at the moment or I would go measure them.

(5) Gas Strut Cylinder 24# Part 1521961
(5) Gas Strut Cylinder 35# Part 1521692
(10) Gas Strut Bracket Part 1521687

Hope that helps
MJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:10 PM   #11828

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ19 View Post
Mike I don't know the measurements but I can give you the part numbers from Renegade for the items you need. I am sure they can give you all that info. I am not right by the coach at the moment or I would go measure them.

(5) Gas Strut Cylinder 24# Part 1521961
(5) Gas Strut Cylinder 35# Part 1521692
(10) Gas Strut Bracket Part 1521687

Hope that helps
Thanks so much for the quick reply - I noticed there is two different struts, is it possible the larger one is for the big door. I at least do have the pounds rating from your notes. I was looking to save some money and pickup the shocks on Amazon. I included a typical set below. No rush but if you could put up a few images of your if yours it would be greatly appreciated. I wish Renegade would just install them since no one would object to the increase in price. If the wind hits the big door and it swings to the stops its got to bend something.

Best Regards - Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	struts.png
Views:	44
Size:	730.7 KB
ID:	305183  
Idleup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #11829

My couch isn't a recliner, so I bought this to put my feet up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #11830

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedood View Post
If you don't mind me asking.... How much did this (outlet addition) cost you to have done?

I've been considering it, and haven't yet called an electrician, but wonder how much I am going to be in for with a project like this...
We had a 30 AMp outlet put in right by fuse box and it was $100. It depends on a. if you have room in the box for hem to bring off a 50 AMP and b. how far you are running from box to where you want the plug. We decided an extension cord was less expensive than trenching..
frederickmd is offline   Reply With Quote