Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #11859

Another roof vent cover to replace the one that wind broke which replaced the one that hail busted out. And 3 new roof vent cover covers.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #11860

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pair of double throw switches for the water pump so that it can be turned on and off from either the bathroom or by the kitchen sink. Couple more sheets of wall paneling to finish the interior walls in the main portion of the camper.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #11861

Sway bar bushings,brakes,tires but best thing by far was a new steering bell crank. This fixed the steering walking all over the road. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CLY4J2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_D1aNFbK7AWQG0?_encoding=UTF8& psc=1

Most awesome after market purchase I have ever made.
bobcohomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #11862

Air Conditioner coil cleanerClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	306461
SteveW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:31 PM   #11863

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Art View Post
Looks nice in photos. Interesting 5 minute video of 60 minute intricate installation procedure. Have you installed yours? If so, how did the finished product turn out?

Thank you, RM. I installed something similar on my '02 Ram, and loved it.

I haven't received mine yet - it's shipped! USPS says it should arrive Monday.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:51 PM   #11864

Bobcohomes, did the same 3 years ago -- great investment.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #11865

A coiled breakaway cable to replace the rusting one that came with the trailer.

A 14' collapsible ladder.
BurienTimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:52 AM   #11866

Bought TT wireless rear cam, mounted yesterday behind the trailer. I hate not knowing if a vehicle was tailgating.

Will probably be helpful in assisting in backing into a space being the DW is not very good in judging distances but she's a great cook.

Bought a 3500 Predator yesterday to run the AC but probably won't use it until summer.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:01 AM   #11867

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Got a countertop-matching kitchen sink cover to increase our kitchen workspace.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #11868

A new roof. The third picture is the before. As you can see no real visible signs of water intrusion. Then it was raining in the bedroom closet.
Rv flex armor. 7500.00 buckaroo's. Lifetime transferable warranty. Click image for larger version

Name:	4969.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	306572Click image for larger version

Name:	4967.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	306573Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200710_112719240_HDR.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	306574
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:57 AM   #11869

There are only 848 pages posted on this whatya buyin subject.

I'd like to see the big ticket things you are buying or planning to buy for your RV. It doesn't bother me that someone posts that they bought a larger screw to replace the small screw that has stripped out the hole.

Oh, there are some big ticket items in these post. I should say, I would like to see more. Now, maybe that fixes it.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #11870

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJango View Post
There are only 848 pages posted on this whatya buyin subject.

I'd like to see the big ticket things you are buying or planning to buy for your RV. It doesn't bother me that someone posts that they bought a larger screw to replace the small screw that has stripped out the hole.

Oh, there are some big ticket items in these post. I should say, I would like to see more. Now, maybe that fixes it.
Oh man... now where do I post my new bar o' soap and scrubbie pads?
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #11871

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJango View Post
I wasted $750 getting the DW’s passenger seat recovered. At least, that’s what I wanted. Dropped the seat off, four days later it was ready. Looked great in the pics. The arms and seat cushion look great, but the back looks a little worn. That’s because he didn’t do the back. “Yeah, the quote for for the two arms and the cushion”. Pulled up the quote, and sure enough...I interpreted that to mean “the arms and everything not the arms”, but sure, I guess you could interpret it to be just the freakin’ seat bottom.

I should have just driven the coach back up to Dallas for the guy that did the drivers seat to do it. He quoted $700, and I know it was for the entire thing.

This will last a while, but...not happy. Sooner than later the back and top of the passenger seat is going to start peeling.

...but I also need to order some wall anchors because the smaller screws holding the medicine cabinet to the wall are stripping out. :-)
Old 11-01-2020, 10:32 PM   #11872

Forest River Owners Club
Ok, here are some big ticket items...Just purchased a brand new Forest River Sierra 403RD destination trailer. It came with a Connexx 50inch tv. I needed to use 3 remotes to work it. The TV remote, the Directv remote and the Connexx Sound bar remote. Adios Connexx Tv's..replaced it with a 58" Vizio TV. The directv remote controls everything. Purchased a 32" Toshiba TV with Fire TV onboard for the bedroom. The bathroom has a fantastic fan, but needs a rain guard...on its way. The kitchen has a manual roof vent, no fan. I need a ladder to open and close it. A maxxaire vent is going in place of it soon. The queen size mattress is going going gone...no more stiff backs. I hope that's enough big tickets, however the TV went to my daughter so I guess that doesn't count....having lots of fun with this new addition..no buyers remorse, typical with new RV purchases.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote