Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Taking a survey as to what you would pay to have your coach four corner weighed on site
Probably not worth to me, I have already had it done, and not much has changed.

Besides what could possibly go wrong?

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 08:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
Amazed that people will spend tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on rigs then cheap out on safety and maintenance.
Who says we are cheaping out ?
There's something in between all or nothing

I'm looking at about 4 or 5 cat scale weight tickets that I got when I weighed ours when we first got it, then when we loaded it for the first trip, then when we went on a LONG trip where the clothes and shoes outweighed the coach
Old 03-10-2016, 08:33 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Isn't this like a lot of RV discussions...much ado about nothing?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't you just love it when someone says you're "cheap" just because you like to save money and do things yourself or take advantage of free stuff?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Don't you just love it when someone says you're "cheap" just because you like to save money and do things yourself or take advantage of free stuff?
Why yes, in fact I do. I like that muchly.
Paustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #20

I have paid 45 dollars and drove to the site..........it was on my way somewhere else. Price was good with me.

Some might not get that a truck stop scale weigh is axle weight not four corner weight and there is a difference.

I wanted to know my total weight and what i had on each tire.

Once i have four tire weights i would only do it maybe every two years or so to be sure i was still balanced and under weight and had proper tire pressure.

I do feel much better rolling down the road knowing I am under max weight, balanced, and tire pressure is correct based on the load each tire is under.

I might be on the safer side. I also spent the money on a tpms so i can keep an eye on things. I figure one blown tire due to low pressure or overheating will cost me a lot more than a tire, getting proper weighed, and tpms.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I would prefer to have all four wheels weighted, however, haven"t found a location that was convenient. Have used a CAT and know I am under gross by 4 K. So am probably ok, but wish I knew for sure

(If I am over weight, probably from the DW clothes closet.... Couldn't do much about it.....just say'n.)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #22

I'm just guessing that the OP is interested in having a traveling side business that can be set up as a service.

It's a good idea, but as these posts have shown, there seems to be little consensus, and no dollar amounts in the answers.

I have been weighed at Escapees and paid $45. That was well worth it, but I'm not sure when I would need to do it again.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #23

I would gladly pay a reasonable ($30 - $50) to have four corners weighed. I would think Camping World would have this service, but I guess not.
dsurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
4 corner weighing is important - for determining correct tire pressures if nothing else. Highly recommend it.

Had Weigh-to-Go do it first time. They are often at major rallies - FMCA, etc.

Henderson's in Grants Pass, OR will also do it. Probably Redlands in CA.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #25

The first time I had my motorhome weighted by wheel, I found the front axle was in limits. This is what a CAT scale measurement would have shown. CAT scales are set with curbs to prevent having wheels off to a side.

But my left from wheel was overweight because all my tools were in the front left compartment. This is why a per-wheel measuring is important.

The cost for weighing, what is a tire worth?
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tire problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
The first time I had my motorhome weighted by wheel, I found the front axle was in limits. This is what a CAT scale measurement would have shown. CAT scales are set with curbs to prevent having wheels off to a side.

But my left from wheel was overweight because all my tools were in the front left compartment. This is why a per-wheel measuring is important.

The cost for weighing, what is a tire worth?
How can I get some internet references to tire problems due to weight?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #27

As a stand alone service, I doubt most people would pay.
However, while staying in an RV Park in Texas, there was a guy with a good sized service truck that you could book to come to your site and do a service to your coach. He was very well equipped and qualified.
One of the additional services he offered was four corner weighing. Don't recall what he charged but it was, in my mind, reasonable. Watched him service the rig next to me so had him come back and do mine.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #28

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
How can I get some internet references to tire problems due to weight?
Start here.