Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by twestheimer View Post
We were on our way from NH to NM when we broke down. Luckily in a Cracker Barrel parking lot and not on the highway! A puddle of oil under the engine was obvious so I called GoodSam Road Side Assistance.... The woman who took the call was helpful. She found a dealer that could repair it 1/2 hr away but in the end they could never find a towing company. AND they NEVER called to acknowledge it. It is a Winnebago Era 24 ft so not huge but not small either. We waited a LONG time made several more calls to GoodSam with no response. As it was getting late and a long weekend holiday approaching I found a towing company to have it taken to the dealer GoodSam found.
Once it was repaired I contacted the GoodSam president who does ask to be contacted if we have problems and after a few days was informed I would be sent a check for $ 250 to cover the towing.... It took 5 weeks but the $$$ are in the bank.
In may ways they are caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure they try to minimized the towing costs so they need to find a towing company that will do the work for what they offer which may not be great. Insurance is challenging at best in terms of providing services especially during a pandemic!
I always say most people don't take time to report good experiences in these types of forums but will YELL and POST when things go WRONG.
Tom Westheimer
You call that a "good experience"? You have set the bar pretty low.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2022, 08:46 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
You call that a "good experience"? You have set the bar pretty low.
Where was it stated this was a good experience?
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDParise View Post
Where was it stated this was a good experience?
Implied in his last sentence?
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu699 View Post
There are some good experiences in this thread.

I've been without a separate RA program since I started rving 16 years ago. Since retiring and taking longer trips I took the plunge with GS and bought their best RA programs just this month.

To me, it's important to keep expectations on service in perspective. I only expect to get service to put.me back on the road knowing it's probably going to impact my travel day and hope not longer than that - unless there's a major issue, but at least I'll have some support and and a plan.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:36 AM   #145

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpu699 View Post
Maybe a little to subtle for Chris' liking.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
Maybe a little to subtle for Chris' liking.
Haha, no actually I like the sarcasm!

Personally, I hope for the best but plan for what could happen when there's an emergency.

Having a plan means a lot to me. I even bought a traveller assistance plan which includes provisions to kennel and bring my dog home in case I am unable. Hope I don't have to use it but I have a plan!

Chris
Old 01-31-2022, 10:59 AM   #147

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDParise View Post
There are some good experiences in this thread.
To me, it's important to keep expectations on service in perspective. I only expect to get service to put.me back on the road knowing it's probably going to impact my travel day and hope not longer than that - unless there's a major issue, but at least I'll have some support and and a plan.
I have read my Roadside Assistance agreement and nowhere does it say that I may be required to get my own assistance and seek reimbursement. It states that they will provide roadside assistance when needed so, anything less than what they are contractually obliged to provide is unacceptable. When we as a whole start to accept less than what they have agreed to, then that is what will become the norm and not the exception. If only 10-20% don't push for reimbursement than these companies are money ahead.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
I have read my Roadside Assistance agreement and nowhere does it say that I may be required to get my own assistance and seek reimbursement. It states that they will provide roadside assistance when needed so, anything less than what they are contractually obliged to provide is unacceptable. When we as a whole start to accept less than what they have agreed to, then that is what will become the norm and not the exception. If only 10-20% don't push for reimbursement than these companies are money ahead.
Agree in general.
There is no commitment on how long it takes to get service.
Some companies don't advertise reimbursements. It's up to us to get reimbursement if necessary

Chris
Old 02-01-2022, 09:23 AM   #149

Last July, I purchased Coach Net RA based on feedback from Rvers. Last weekend I was with my daughter and her car would not start. I used the Coach Net app and told them that we needed a jump. Coach Net called me back to inform me which tow company would be coming to give us a jump. I waited for 1 hour and the tow company called me to let me know they did not do jumps. My wife was in the area and we used her car for the jump. I have used GS, Safe Ride (FMCA) and Coach Net. Safe Ride has been the best for us. Based on my experience I will be renewing my RA with Safe Ride.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:00 AM   #150

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have RA with AAA and Coach Net. Also, our RV insurance includes RA.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #151
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Thread Reminder

Several posts have been removed for being way off topic. Please stick to the original topic dealing with Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Thank you to those posting within the rules.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote