Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
How far did you push for reimbursement?

It's now the next day, over 22 hours since I called to file a reimbursement claim and still no call back. If they don't pay, I'm prepared to go to small claims court but now I'm wondering if some attorney would take it on for a class again suit?

Did you e-mail marcus? MarcusVIP@goodsam.com he has been very responsive to any of my issues.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #30

Badsam is now owned by those corporate criminals at Camping World. They, Badsam, have always been poor at roadside service, I had them and needed to call in 3 times over a couple years 15 years ago before CW owned them and they only got one call right. The other two they sent trucks out that couldn't handle my situation at all! Switched to Coachnet been happy ever since.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:01 AM   #31

Anything past a flat, GS sucks at. They really don’t want to have to pay tow bills, limit how far they will tow and generally have no idea what sized tow rig to get for your assistance based on type of rig you have. I stay with CoachNet.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
After several calls to the "If you're not happy . . ." number, I asked how close they were to Marcus? He stifled a laugh and admitted that Marcus was not around, they are just the complaint center.

I actually felt sorry for him. I can't imagine having to listen to unhappy customers all day and not being able to do anything about it.
Kenn-55,

We never called the number for Marcus - only emailed. Please re-read my posts.

It was only 1 experience, and while it was frustrating of the lackluster response as we sat on the exit ramp of a major freeway in Dallas, knowing all along that if we were stalled or wrecked on one of those freeways that law enforcement would have a tow there post haste.

Our emails were never threatening, only factual in what was stated. As noted previously, our initial email to Marcus was responded to within hours after my first email to Marcus on a Saturday afternoon.
She asked if I filled out a reimbursement form - I hadn’t, so she emailed one to me. I filled it out and returned it the next day, along with a scanned copy of our receipt for the tow. Melissa remained in contact throughout the day that Sunday.

I got a phone call the following Monday “Your reimbursement has been approved, where do you want us to send the check?” - I told the caller where, they said the check would cut on Thursday.
We got the check the following Monday. I deposited to my bank - it’s been 3 months, obviously the check cleared the bank.

Sadly, this forum thread has turned into a bashing of GoodSam Roadside Assistance - the type of bashing that parallels what occurs in our news media world today, whether your a fan of Fox News or CNN or CNBC or whoever.

Bashing never solved anything. Informative answers with real solutions does - and something I’ve tried to bring to this thread. After posting this, I’ll be checking out on this one.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Anything past a flat, GS sucks at. They really don’t want to have to pay tow bills, limit how far they will tow and generally have no idea what sized tow rig to get for your assistance based on type of rig you have. I stay with CoachNet.
I dropped Good Sam after a blow out when I realized that all they do is make phone calls when you need help. From now own, I will call Love's or Pilot directly for service and will get it done a whole lot faster. People seem to like their roadside service until they have to use it.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used them twice. First time in the desert boonies in New Mexico. Guy arrived about 2 1/2 hours from my reporting to GS. He was unprepared for an rv with the wrong jack. Dude went back got the right jack. Could not get the wheel off driver side duallies. Called his boss to help. About 6 hours total. After the boss arrived took about 45 minutes.
Second time took about one hour after the call to GS. The guy brought the requested Michelin tire and had me on the road in 45 minutes.
Sometimes you just have to take what you get if you are in the boonies.
I am happy with the effort from GS however when you have a problem you tend to want everything now. It just does not work that way.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 06:32 AM   #35

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

I have called on Good Sam Roadside Assistance twice, once for a major issue with our pickup camper loaded, once with just my pickup truck, neither time with/for our motorhome. Both times I received timely and courteous service. Both times required towing my truck, and the time our camper was loaded on the truck it had to be towed about 30 miles to a repair shop in rural SW Colorado.

So far I have no complaints with Good Sam, and I have had good roadside assistance with them.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:19 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
What's going on with Good Sam roadside assistance?

They all use (contract) one of the national roadside service call centers. You aren’t talking to GoodSam. Years ago i had GS and called roadside , the gal accidentally answered “Allstate” until she realized I was calling on the “Good Sam” number. I’ve had Good Sam ,FMCA and Escapees , (both actually Saferide ) along with coachnet. I’ve used GS and Saferide both with various results from great to worthless.
My conclusion is it’s always better to call for service yourself but it’s more costly. Most towing won’t respond to these services calls as they won’t pay enough to cover costs. That’s why it takes them awhile to find someone. I keep roadside service only as a backup if in a long tow $$$ situation that I can eventually bill them for. Motorhome towing is very expensive.
The last car breakdown I had that was covered by my rv plan they (Saferide) had someone coming in 2 hours from 70 miles away after an hour of trying. I used my phone and had roadside mechanic only 5 miles away there in 15 minutes for my belt and pulley replacement I cancelled the “tow”. The mechanic said they won’t deal with service companies …. any of them. Plus I got a “ cash “ handshake discount.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
I purchase Good Sam and three weeks later I was driving from Texas to New Jersey. At about 1:30 AM I end up having a flat tire front Drivers side in Alabama, I called the 800 Number and they were polite and helpful. They arrive about 2:30 AM , change my tire and I was back on the road by 3:30AM. Can't complain. Service was good.
ronandjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #38

an extra belt is a good idea. i have AAA but have never used it. any feedback on them?
asgweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:18 PM   #39

We have had Good Sam for 20 years. Will not renew again. Had two bad experiences this year and last. Said they could find no one to send. I gave them number of who they sent two years ago while at same location out of state visiting relative and they finally sent service for flat tire. Had flat tire this year and was told needed to pay $350 for service first and they would reimburse partially. So, we chose to bypass Good Sam, called mobile service ourself and paid only $140. Goodbye BadSam.
Sturner316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:20 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Can’t say enough bad about GS roadside assistance. Left us stranded all day on the side of a busy interstate all day. We also had multiple calls in to them during the day with multiple excuses. Tow driver told us they only offered a pittance to tow us. Apparently they spent all day trying to save a few bucks while we were dangerously parked with traffic whipping by at 80 mph a couple of feet away.
robertlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #41

I had Good Sam for several years and used them twice. First time I was about 100 miles away from home and because I was a Master Certified tech I don't generally let others work on my truck, so I told them I wanted it towed home, they said OK but I would have to pay anything over a basic $75.00 charge because there was a Ford garage less than a mile from me. I said OK and they sent out a flatbed wrecker, he could tow my truck but not my 5'r, fortunately I was able to leave the 5'r at the campground and spent $500.00 to get the truck home and replace a defective HPOP that I had replaced about 2 months earlier. I asked the driver how much the tow would have been without Good Sam and he called his boss and quoted me only $350.00, but because Good Sam was already involved it had to be the $500.00 that I was quoted. Idid use them 1 more time and was only 1 mile from home and they did cover that although it took 2 hours to get a truck there.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #42

Had a King Pro sat. Installed at good Sam in fife, wa. Drove 550 miles to eureka, mt. Had terrible if all reception. Called King and they said, "you didn't have all the parts installed. Had to order the additional parts thru King. ($110) Fife manager said I'd have to drive back 550 miles to have them take a look.
Shredded by good Sam card and sent it to him. Never again.
Holiday1 is offline   Reply With Quote