Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #15

You're right Itchytoe asking for people's opinions might not be a wise thing to do because they just might give them to you. But I was really interested in how people are dealing with the changes that I see in the RVing world. Like you I'm a full timer, so everything that happens with RVing affects my whole life. So I thought I'd find out how folks are handling more and more of us baby boomers being on the road.

I'm a boondocker by choice and wouldn't want to live any other way. And as for where to start I would say make your RV as comfortable as possible while living without hookups. That's the most important thing because if you try boondocking and you're not comfortable you're probably not going to enjoy it, and never want to do it again

To keep me comfortable while boondocking for extended periods of time it takes six 140 watt solar panels, and four 100 amp lithium iron batteries. That and large holding tanks in my Arctic Fox fifth wheel allow me to boondock for long periods of time until I have to come in to empty my tanks and pick up some water. You can do it with a generator its just more hassle and a lot more noise.

theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #16

We have to watch our money, so we usually choose state parks. It makes for an affordable vacation for us. We book in advance, and we have never cancelled or no-showed.
We won't always play at the campground; sometimes we leave for the day and return at night.
Oct Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:58 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboondork. View Post
With commercial RV parks becoming more crowded, frequently requiring reservations just to get a campsite at all, and raising their prices ever higher. Are RVers turning more and more to alternate ways of camping such as state parks, Corps of Engineer campgrounds, and boondocking, and finding out they enjoy it more than staying at commercial RV parks?

theboondork.com
When commercial parks become crowded, so do the other types of campgrounds, even places where people boondock. We don't just stay at commercial parks, we camp wherever there is a park that we want to go to, National Park, State Park, County Park, occasional Corp of Engineer, Elks Lodge and once in a blue moon a parking lot. So, busy commercial parks really has no specific bearing on how we camp, because it impacts all places pretty much the same.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote