Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Question Wheel Chocks

I have X-Chocks for my travel trailer and I love them. They reduced a lot of movement in the rig. http://http://www.campingworld.com/s...ng-chock/43891
That is what I have.

The problem is I just bought a new trailer and it has a longer wheel base so these dont fit. I need something that will extend to over 15 inches. Does anybody know of anything like that and where I might be able to get it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
charlie.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #2

Sorry, I can't help. I have the original Deluxe chocks from BAL. What make and modle TT do you have that has a 15 in gap between the wheels?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
I have a 2010 keystone bullet 295 bhs. The longer wheel base, they say, is for better towability. I've only towed it once but it does have a nice smooth ride
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Keystone Bullet | Gallery

If you go to this gallery, there is a picture of the long wheel base, its kind of strange looking actually!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seems like that gap would increase tire wear when making tight turns in a campground.

Glenn
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #6

I have the same issue with my trailer, 14" at th closest point. I saw these on a differnt forum but i did not purchase them yet
Search the web for other retailers for price comparison

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...k-extended.htm
leenchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Fastway Manufacturing Fastway Trailer Products - Home has XL chocks specifically for this.
RV Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #8

That looks pretty nice. I had an issue this weekend, where one plastic chock slid and the other started to crush while lowering thw tongue to level. This spot required me to fully extend to get the tv out then fully drop the tongue to the lowest setting to level. Thought i was going to lose my trailer for a minute. Went to Northern Tool and found large rubber chocks for the break down this morning and these gripped.

I may look at getting one of those to use on one side and use the two rubber chocks on the other
leenchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #9

I know I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I actually have the exactly opposite problem. I bought the original BAL chock when I had a 32' TT & it worked like a charm. Now however, I have moved up to a 38' TH w/a triple axle & the original BAL chock is too wide to fit in between the wheels. I was thinking of trying the X-Chock, but at $50/ea. I thought I'd try to see if anyone in my situation has had success using them with a triple axle first.

Anyone?
heypilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #10

Charlie,
I do not know if it would work on not.
A cheap fix may be screw blocks of 2x4 to the face of the surfaces. It would add about 3" to the reach.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
Commercial Member

X-Chock

You will need at least 2 inches between the closest portion of the tires for the X chock to work. This is a pretty common issue. Standard wheel chocks will probably be a better solution.
RV Trax is offline   Reply With Quote