Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #1

When Washing The Gray Away

Today I started cleaning the 5th today, it was sugested to pick up a cheap cleaner sold at Dollar Tree, "Totaly Awesome" for only a buck in a pump spray bottle. It cleaned the sap off the door, plastic parts and metal covers on the hot water tank and refrigerator. I spot cleaned with a rag a section of the siding which cleaned so-so.

The rear was really dirty so I doused the top panels with the product and with a rag I scrubbed it down leaving the soap residue on. Once at the bottom I finished the hand washing. Once I washed the soap off with the hose I noticed small light white streaks coming from the top to the bottom. It looks like this cleaner etched the paint being on to long. It did clean most of the gray/black streaks, but I had no confidence the cleaner wouldn't damage the finish further. My second suggested method was to use "Meguiar's" automotive cleaner wax product. With a little elbow grease and a rag, it did remove that stains. Note: That cheap cleaner coated on my hands pretty good when using it with a rag, but easy to wash off. But I don't think it was wise to expose ones skin to it. I'll keep the stuff maybe a good degreaser for in the shop.
Auggie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #2

READ the LABEL:
Concentrate

Dilute BEFORE using

I know, it came in a spray bottle BUT really does need t be diluted .....5:1 ratio
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
READ the LABEL:
Concentrate

Dilute BEFORE using

I know, it came in a spray bottle BUT really does need t be diluted .....5:1 ratio

Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	219030

I use it full strength on lots of stuff. My pool cage and motorcycle especially
Old 09-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
READ the LABEL:
Concentrate

Dilute BEFORE using

The person the advised me to use it used it full strength.....But no excuse not reading it. But like I said, it didn't remove all the stains even full strength.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #5

Awsome is a great cleaner. I use it on a lot of things. I do not use it on my cars and RV. It removes wax.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Awsome is a great cleaner. I use it on a lot of things. I do not use it on my cars and RV. It removes wax.
This It works well on a lot of applications when properly diluted. We use it around the house and yard but I did find it will remove all wax from vehicles and even remove paint if used full strength. I have used it to remove black streaks from our previous aluminum 5th wheel. Works well on removing blood from carpet (no mass murder; dog cut tongue but another story) removing ink stains, etc. For the price, $1, it is hard to beat.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #7

Quote:
jmck 1737 - I have used it to remove black streaks from our previous aluminum 5th wheel.
Best use!

andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #8

I bought this camper used in February and while the inside was spotless not so the outside. The gray would only slightly faded when I spot cleaned with a rag. So if yours if maintained I can see where it worked for you. I stand by the "Meguiar's" automotive cleaner wax. I does take the heavy gray away and leaves wax behind.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Best use!

Wow, looks like the fighter on display in Fallon, Nevada. Yes? No?

Brandi
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote