Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2022, 11:13 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I totally agree with the Community Moderator, quote "Let's keep this on topic of if you do it or not and not get into the off topic subject of whether you approve of the practice or if it's safe."
Why is is that so many of you always seem to get off topic, which makes the thread so long. The question was simply do or do you not allow someone to to use the head while driving in a MH.
As with most topics on this forum the answers deal in the realm of do you like Pepsi or Coke. But I'm sure some of you would give scientific (in your opinion) reasons as to why one is better than the other. Why not just answer the question -- period!
Me, yes my DW does get up and move around the MH while I am carefully driving.

PS, also, this forum is for serious minded RV-ers who have questions and are asking for help. Yet some of you use it as an email program, such as the one titled "Good Morning." You know you can send a private message to someone on here. You don;t need to share your feelings about how your coffee tasted this morning. It has over 24,000 hits.Unbelievable. Get a life folks.
And yes Old Biscuit you tend to be one who loves peeling grapes.
Sgt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt B View Post
I totally agree with the Community Moderator, quote "Let's keep this on topic of if you do it or not and not get into the off topic subject of whether you approve of the practice or if it's safe."
Why is is that so many of you always seem to get off topic, which makes the thread so long. The question was simply do or do you not allow someone to to use the head while driving in a MH.
As most topics on this forum the answers deal in the realm of do you like Pepsi or Coke. But I sure some of you would give scientific (in your opinion) of why one is better than the other. Why not just answer the question -- period!
Me, yes my DW does get up and move around the MH while I am carefully driving.

Whew....Long paragraph to get to last sentence that was YES

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #45

As the primary driver, I must pull over to use the facilities.
My wife prefers me pulling over as well, but in an emergency (ie. no place to pull over) she will go. My step-son will hold it forever, until we pull over. He is a rule-follower, and takes zero risks.

My mom and dad. They always did their business rolling down the road.

Now,...getting drinks, or snacks while driving? We all do it.
Old 09-19-2022, 12:02 PM   #46

some of yall must be sure enough fun at parties......
Old 09-19-2022, 01:01 PM   #47

Wife and kids use it underway with no issue. I have to stop either way when I'm driving, but I will say - having the bathroom there lets me stretch the driving for AT LEAST an extra half hour or so, until I reach "emergency capacity" because I know I don't have to make it into a rest stop bathroom or whatver...just slam it into park, unbuckle, hurdle the dogs and the kids and sprint back into the head.
sploke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:28 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Many motorhome owners purport that an advantage of having a motorhome is that you can use the bathroom while driving. Travel trailer owners often respond that it’s unsafe for passengers in a motorhome to visit the Can while the motorhome is in motion. So, Trailer owners feel that’s not a motorhome advantage because, for safety, you should pull over to accommodate bathroom necessities, and that it only takes a couple of minutes more to get to the bathroom in a travel trailer. We’re just wondering here if travel trailer owners have ever felt inconvenienced by needing to pull over for a potty break. Also wondering what percentage of motorized owners feel no fear in toileting at 65 mph.

Humor is more than welcome.

So back to this. We've had all manner of rigs, pulled and driven. We never felt put out by any of them. It is more convenient to go in a motorhome, whether you do it underway or not. In another thread recently, several people pointed out that the bathroom in a motorhome can be kept the same temperature as the rest of the rig and there's no need to get out and then back in to use it. That being said, we always get out and walk around a bit when we stop anyway, so there's that. I look forward to the day when we both reach the age when we can go while driving, without leaving the front seats and no one think anything of it, but we'll probably be done by then, unless we get one of those cool new electric powered and self driving rigs that are just around the corner. In which case that smile on my face while driving isn't because I'm friendly.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:22 PM   #49

To answer the OP, nope. Never have felt inconvenienced by stopping.

Actually, I'm usually look forward to the opportunity to stop, stretch, and walk a bit. I guess we've never been in that big of a hurry. The journey is the destination.

Sent from my SM-N981U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:22 PM   #50

I smoke, ride fast motorcycles, off-shore fish for sharks in my kayak alone, and sometimes criticize women.

But no way do I leave my driver's seat to relieve myself without pulling over.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:44 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
I smoke, ride fast motorcycles, off-shore fish for sharks in my kayak alone, and sometimes criticize women.

But no way do I leave my driver's seat to relieve myself without pulling over.

(Tangent alert)

CRITICIZE WOMEN?!?
I’d rather juggle running chainsaws, and I have no idea how to juggle.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:18 AM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The story goes that one time (years ago), while riding the Greyhound here in Southern Minnesota. The driver announced the town "Alden!"... A response was heard from the back bathroom.. "ALL DONE BUT WY-PON".
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:13 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Self driving mode in an RV? Will some day when selfdriving in RV are available. Will some dummy really need to go when driving and get up and go??

Was it not Uber 3-4 years ago testing a self drive vechical, that they killed a person walking across the street?
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:37 AM   #54

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have both a 5th wheeler and a Class C. So we understand both options.

IMO- out of the seat and belt always presents some danger. Stuff happens at the wrong times. On a few occasions my DW will get up for something. But is back in her seat in short order.

In general we pull over and walk around some every 2 hours or so. Usually we're not in that much of a hurry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Half bath, halfway back. DW uses it all the time, She will get us a snack also. So far so good.

I was thinking of that cruise control comment, but just thinking about it. Just kidding.
True story; Back in the last century RCA was building a factory in Mexico. A friend was in upper management, so was assigned to supervise setting up TV assembly lines in the new factory.
He nearly always drove his class C from Indiana to the Mexico site,
because the new factory was not near a town.
One such trip put him in a hospital, he said he was getting tired and simply got out of his seat and grabbed a Coke out of the fridge. That was the last he remembers until waking up in the hospital.
That was back when 55MPH was the speed limit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:57 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
True story; Back in the last century RCA was building a factory in Mexico. A friend was in upper management, so was assigned to supervise setting up TV assembly lines in the new factory.
He nearly always drove his class C from Indiana to the Mexico site,
because the new factory was not near a town.
One such trip put him in a hospital, he said he was getting tired and simply got out of his seat and grabbed a Coke out of the fridge. That was the last he remembers until waking up in the hospital.
That was back when 55MPH was the speed limit.
And he was in upper management? Wow. No wonder RCA disappeared. LOL
Sgt B is offline   Reply With Quote