Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2022, 12:48 PM   #71

I had been working my way West with the plan of finding boondocking sites around - outside of - YNP.

Now I'm worried that the closure has sent hundreds of in-park RV'ers out into those boondocking areas.

Good time to stay away? Or did everyone just leave the area?

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 01:04 PM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't recall anybody complaining two years ago when oil companies were losing billions of dollars each month and fuel prices were depressed. Now, they are making up for those huge losses. If there aren't any profits, there will be no way to justify new oil investments. No investment and declining existing oil wells, and there will be no fuel for your rig in the future, or much higher prices. You should not begrudge oil companies a return on their investments. That return is nessaary to ensure future supplies, unless you are ready now to run your rig using wind or solar.

^^^^^
Amen!
Sgt B is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #73

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Departing on 14 July headed for the Winnie Rally in IA, then to visit five kids, nine grandchildren one great grandchild for birthdays and just to see them. They are spread all over IL, MD, NC, VA, and SC. Will be back in SWFL end of August. Will cost a bundle I know, but we can't take it with us, and we worked way too hard during our working years to sit at home. I take my time, no faster than 60 MPH, get good MPG. It's funny, all these folks complaining about the price of gas, as they zoom by me on I-75 doing 85-90. Hope to see you at the Winnie rally.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:59 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt B View Post
^^^^^
Amen!
Be much nicer if they could average over a year vs up and down. average like we do with our elec bill. LOL
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Be much nicer if they could average over a year vs up and down. average like we do with our elec bill. LOL
^^
Great idea, wouldn't that be neat. LOL

WOW, I just realized I am suddenly designated as a "Senior member." Is that bc I am 81? LOL
Old 07-05-2022, 07:27 AM   #76

i was traveling from chicago area to north dakota on friday before 4th of july weekend and could count how many rv’s i saw on one hand with the exception of travel trailers being pulled by trucks.. and that number was about 10... this was going both ways.. 🤷🏼*♂️
andy SJFD ret is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt B View Post

WOW, I just realized I am suddenly designated as a "Senior member." Is that bc I am 81? LOL
I believe it's because of the number of posts you've made. You don't get any freebies here because of being a senior in age! You've got to work for it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #78

My data is a little old, but during the last week of May we went 500 miles to TN.

I could have counted on one hand how many TT's we saw, and probably less motorhomes.

I did notice a couple dozen McMansion-sized fifth wheels though. Still barely a fraction of what I thought we'd see.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:49 AM   #79

And yet I received one of those camper emails with an article that said that this year's RV sales were the highest in history. If so, and I assume that they have data to back up that statement, there were more RVs sold than in any previous year in spite of the high fuel prices.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2022, 05:20 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
And yet I received one of those camper emails with an article that said that this year's RV sales were the highest in history. If so, and I assume that they have data to back up that statement, there were more RVs sold than in any previous year in spite of the high fuel prices.
Saw a video a few days ago that Winnebago confirmed that it is cutting production, and the reason for the strong sales this year is their clearing backlog of orders from last year. So, I presume that to mean orders this year have fallen, and that shipped units will decline later this year. Manufacturers cannot claim a sale when a unit is ordered; only when it is shipped.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:43 AM   #81

A lot of rv’s inthe shop getting DEF worked on. That stuff is causing a lot of folks to suffer being stranded and waiting a long time to get fixed over and over again..
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2022, 02:54 PM   #82

Today, 7/7:

Took a spin around the Badlands rim. Total of 14 rigs on the entire 2 mile road. In decades of coming there, never have I seen it so empty.

Kept going through Rapid City, to Custer. My boondocking areas look to be almost empty. But the pay campgrounds look to be full.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Today, 7/7:

Took a spin around the Badlands rim. Total of 14 rigs on the entire 2 mile road. In decades of coming there, never have I seen it so empty.

Kept going through Rapid City, to Custer. My boondocking areas look to be almost empty. But the pay campgrounds look to be full.
That there says sumthin'!

Not entirely sure what, but it's noteworthy because it shows a shift in use. Different users or folks needing a different experience? Curious.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Today, 7/7:

Could be because all the new RV owners aren't aware of how awesome boondocking is!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
rvs