Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #1

Where do Ya'll store your Vaccum,& broom? I tried puting a hook on the wall of my closet for the swifer but it will not stick.......and my husband would have a cow if i drilled a hole.So i get bonked in the head everytime i need a pair of shoes

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #2

Where do Ya'll store your Vaccum,& broom? I tried puting a hook on the wall of my closet for the swifer but it will not stick.......and my husband would have a cow if i drilled a hole.So i get bonked in the head everytime i need a pair of shoes

San Antonio, Texas
Old 01-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have used those hooks that stick to the wall and then can be removed by pulling a tab. They have worked pretty well although I haven't tried anything really heavy.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #4

I store mine in closet with the body in the front and the handles toward the rear. So far so good. Of course my closets are full, so there is not too much movement.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:21 AM   #5

vacuum under the sofa. (small eureka upright)
broom in the basement storage.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:26 AM   #6

well the vacuum use to fit nicely in the old RV that had teh full front closet. Now in the present RV we only have a small closet that slides out and than the washer closet which has that shelf. We have two dogs so i must have my Dyson Vacuum....Do they still sell those witch looking ladys that slide over the vacuum to kind of hide it.

Oh OK i will try a differnt brand of the sticky hooks

Thanks for the tips.

San Antonio, Texas
Old 02-06-2005, 01:20 AM   #7

Convince your hubby to install a central vacuum, no more broom required!

Really, these are the best thing since sliced bread, especially if you have pets like we do. I leave the hose hooked up at the door, and I use it constantly!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #8

We had a central vac installed and it's stored under the bed. A godsend! I'm told they're easy to install and not very expensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanJenn:
Where do Ya'll store your Vaccum,& broom? I tried puting a hook on the wall of my closet for the swifer but it will not stick.......and my husband would have a cow if i drilled a hole.So i get bonked in the head everytime i need a pair of shoes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
TheBrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #9

We keep the vacuum in the bathroom and I don't have a clue where my spouce keeps the broom.

Happy Trails

Workers On The Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jenn
You are hereby authorized to drill one hole for your broom.
We have placed a few holes in our units over the years with no regrets. I bet Dan wouldn't notice for a while anyway.
Be a REAL WOMAN and drill that hole!!!
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #11

We keep the broom in the bathroom most time... sometimes by the kitchen door if we're at a sandy or muddy site and use it several times a day.

We have a good sized closet in the bathroom and store the dustbuster in there. Works well for us. We've only had our camper a year & a half... have yet to drill any holes in it! For some reason, I've just been hesitant to do that!

'98 Damon Magnum
hometowngalRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #12

Store the broom under the sofa while were traveling and on an outside pressure hook while we're camped. Store the vacuum in a basket inside the entertainment cabinet - we have a tank-type and it breaks down into smaller parts.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:02 AM   #13

You might also look into some of the Dyson's new models. They have some that aren't as tall (the body of the upright) and also a canister type now too.
scheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Guess I'm lucky but we have a double door pantry,roll out shelf unit on one side,tall trash can on the other with room for the broom and mop to sit behind it. The vacuum goes under the couch.

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote