Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelj View Post
We were also worried about increased noise, and like you, did not notice any. Seconds on the dog problem, we have three in your, and the mess with the carpet was horrible. Now, just a bit of sweeping and all is OK. We really appreciated the Allure when we did the beacher on the Atlantic coast this spring. We had sand from our feet and the dogs everywhere! Again a bit with a broom and it was gone. Never would have gotten it our of carpet.
Was the little pooch in the pictures supervising or walking on the seams to glue them down??

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #16

Supervising as usual. That is the twit. 15+ years old, one tooth, deaf when she wants to be and blind enough to walk into walls, but can see a strange dog blocks away, can hear a banana being peeled in the next room.
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Noel & Mark:

Replacing the carpet with Allure sounded like a great winter project. The more I read the posts and reviewed Noel's photos, the old carpet and vinyl came out this weekend!

Before I begin the putting down the new floor, did you guys rent a heavy-duty vinyl roller or just roll by hand?

What a great forum with it's wealth of information!

Jim & Sandy
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #18

We didn't have a roller, so we just walked on the seams. Seems to have worked OK.

On the pulling out, she waited until I was gone one morning, when I came home, all the carpet was out in the driveway. She said "I think we better make a trip to Home Depot"
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelj View Post
On the pulling out, she waited until I was gone one morning, when I came home, all the carpet was out in the driveway. She said "I think we better make a trip to Home Depot"

Worked in reverse at my house. I got busted on Saturday stacking the old carpet beside the coach. Sandy said "Thought this was going to be a winter project".
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #20

Great pics Noelj! How is flooring in bathroom area? Our bathroom is totally enlcosed so we are wondering if it would be better to laminate tile in bathroom and Allure in living -kitchen area?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jsaege29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
We did our 1999 Tradewinds ourselves for about $700.00. Really pleased with the results. Here is a link to some pictures. My wife helped a lot and it was a fun project. It made the front of the coach look and feel bigger. With two Dogs we really like the ease of cleanup. We also used the Home Depot Dupont Product. Bought it online because of the style, it wasn't available in the store.

Floor Project - Windows Live

Dick
Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
" Who can replace RV Flooring"?
ME!!!-since 1972- check out photos
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Not that hard a job in an RV. I did mine in less than a day(laminate)and the wife loves it. Hardest part was getting the old nasty carpet out. Ed
1oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oleman View Post
Not that hard a job in an RV. I did mine in less than a day(laminate)and the wife loves it. Hardest part was getting the old nasty carpet out. Ed
Well, that depends on the kind of coach, type of flooring, slides, etc. On the coaches I have been installing it takes anywhere from 5-14 days from start -removing captains' chairs, etc, to reinstalling them.
I agree- if the wife loves it, it doesn't matter how long it took
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
Close to two years ago we did the same as Steve did . Very pleased with the results and ease of maintenance.

You might want to do a search on "pace89". Terry has posted pictures of his installation.

You might want to investigate "Allure" which is similar to laminate in that it's a floating floor, but is made of vinyl strips that stick together on the edges.
If I had known about Allure when I installed laminate I would have seriously considered it. The installation would have been much easier I think.
HI ALL
I was advise by Home depot that Alure was not to be installed anywhere where room
tempt can reach or exceed 95 degrees. So I,m still looking as we some times are still
in AZ when temps are well over 100. we park along side our home in Casa Grande AZ
and would hate to have to air condition both house & RV
RVGOLFER2
RVGOLFER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGOLFER2 View Post
HI ALL
I was advise by Home depot that Alure was not to be installed anywhere where room
tempt can reach or exceed 95 degrees. So I,m still looking as we some times are still
in AZ when temps are well over 100. we park along side our home in Casa Grande AZ
and would hate to have to air condition both house & RV
RVGOLFER2
Now that is interesting. I checked their web site http://www.homedepot.com/hdus/en_US/...nual_PLANK.pdf and found the following:

"but if you let your home get over
95º F for an extended period of time, you
will damage the floor and melt the
adhesive — if you let your house stay over
95º F degrees for an extended period of
time, all your furniture might melt! That’s just
too darn hot."

The last part of the statement is pretty silly. A lot of homes in the southwest get that hot routinely.

I wonder if any of the people that have installed it have had problems due to heat?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #27

Our coach came with new hardwood flooring installed from the dealer. Love it too! It's easier to keep clean and looks much better.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #28

Appalachian Campers
That's an awesome looking job!
TMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote