Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #1

Who uses this often

Who keeps one of these on hand 🤪
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	572E6136-A267-4B73-880E-FB268FB2D025.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	267689  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Now that would be a handy thing to have around!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not me, never had a need for one.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #4

Me Neither ^
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #5

Actually .....would have only needed that when some CG Staff attempted to 'guide' me into a site.

SHE on the other hand........we worked out OUR system many years ago that is strictly silent hand motions (NOT gestures!)

On the other hand I have witnessed some interactions that would require multiples of that pillow....one would cut it
CG backin sites and boat ramps
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
tcg

My wife and I have worked together in our business for 29 years every single day.

Things I yell while parking is like a love poem compared to some days at work.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #7

No need for that. DW just makes sure I don't back up too far. Other then that its all on me.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #8

Two of my most favorite camping outings was sitting in my Class A in the pouring down rain. My dog Wyatt Earp and I were watching a couple of fellow campers trying to back there TT into the park site. Best entertainment a guy could ask for. Wyatt had his regular meal and water while I had Pork chops and Jack Daniels.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
No need for that. DW just makes sure I don't back up too far. Other then that its all on me.
When we first got our TT, Pammi had me back way too far away from the hook ups, so I wound up having to buy another sewer hose so it'd reach the drain.
I'd spent a good 10 minutes getting it leveled and really didn't feel like moving it again.
On the other hand, last summer the guide at a KOA had me back into the water hookup.
While he was guiding me back.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
Two of my most favorite camping outings was sitting in my Class A in the pouring down rain. My dog Wyatt Earp and I were watching a couple of fellow campers trying to back there TT into the park site. Best entertainment a guy could ask for. Wyatt had his regular meal and water while I had Pork chops and Jack Daniels.
My friends and I pulled into a small campground in Quebec. He has a 42 ft DP, and mine is 38 ft. We were both pulling tow vehicles. The campground was quite small, and I don't think they ever got many class A mh there. The sites they assigned us were across from the swimming pool. We pulled up by the pool and both unhooked the toads. A small crowd had gathered by the pool, I guess in anticipation of these Ontario guys who were going to try to shoehorn these great big rvs into these little spots. Some had camera phones going and everything. They seemed quite disappointed as we both wheeled into those spots like it was nothing. Maybe some previous rvs had provided some good entertainment. I know we like to enjoy a cocktail, and watch the show when all the new arrivals show up. Can be quite the spectacle some times.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Actually .....would have only needed that when some CG Staff attempted to 'guide' me into a site.

SHE on the other hand........we worked out OUR system many years ago that is strictly silent hand motions (NOT gestures!)

On the other hand I have witnessed some interactions that would require multiples of that pillow....one would cut it
CG backin sites and boat ramps
I 100% agree. My wife and I use the same system and have never had a problem.

Worst time is when campground folks try to "guide us in"

And it can be kind of funny to watch some others attempt to park their rigs.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #12

We've never used words - silent hand signal only. No issues. I will say that we both drove equally so we knew what was required to get backed in.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Perrin View Post
When we first got our TT, Pammi had me back way too far away from the hook ups, so I wound up having to buy another sewer hose so it'd reach the drain.
I'd spent a good 10 minutes getting it leveled and really didn't feel like moving it again.
On the other hand, last summer the guide at a KOA had me back into the water hookup.
While he was guiding me back.
Once had a CG staffer insist in backing me in, I told him if he will sign a statement accepting all responsibility for any and all damages to my rig or CG property, he could. He shut-up and walked away.

DW and I use the , neither say a word. If I lose sight of her I STOP immediately and GOAL.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Once had a CG staffer insist in backing me in, I told him if he will sign a statement accepting all responsibility for any and all damages to my rig or CG property, he could. He shut-up and walked away.

DW and I use the , neither say a word. If I lose sight of her I STOP immediately and GOAL.
I'm having to teach SWMBO how to work with my backing a 5er....