Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2022, 11:41 AM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Yup, especially in Mendicino, Califunny where the reported price for regular this morning was $9.76.9 per gallon.
Kinda reminds me of Y2K. We'll need new pumps with room for another digit.

Mike in Colorado
PA reporting spot prices above $6 on WHP radio this morning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2022, 11:41 AM   #44

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewag View Post
We are planning a trip to New Mexico and back from Iowa.
Figured at current prices and higher, over $3000 diesel fuel. rethinking, we like it where we are.
Supply and demand, doing our part
Make use of the "Mudflap" and "TDS/Open Roads" fueling options..You will save a buck or three..
saddlesore is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 11:43 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
One fact that has yet to be mentioned is that fuel prices would not have been as low as they were in 2020, or as high as they are now had it not been for the pandemic.
I think it was mentioned but ignored.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Yup, especially in Mendicino, Califunny where the reported price for regular this morning was $9.76.9 per gallon.
Kinda reminds me of Y2K. We'll need new pumps with room for another digit.

Mike in Colorado
Funny, I'm on my way to Costco in Ukiah where premium is $6.35. Everywhere else is around $6.50.

Someone's pullin' your leg.
propchef is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 12:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post
Funny, I'm on my way to Costco in Ukiah where premium is $6.35. Everywhere else is around $6.50.

Someone's pullin' your leg.
https://abc30.com/california-gas-10-...cino/11932601/
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 12:34 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post

On the coast and at a full-service station. Have you been there? It's very pretty and very isolated, and you access it using 128 from Cloverdale or drive to Ukiah and then west. The Costco at Ukiah is not that far from there (about 60 miles) and they have regular for $5.99. The article does say the average is $6.14
propchef is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 12:38 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
I almost hate to interject facts into the "which party has had higher gas prices" (note I did not say "which party caused or controlled gas prices"), but the graph in this article is worth a look:

https://news.yahoo.com/from-the-newm...133921112.html

Yes, and my OPINION is that presidents (of either party) really have very little control over short term gas prices. And, given the alternating D/R/D/R/D/R/D presidential parties, sorting out long-term effects by party are at best muddled.

Blaming/crediting any president for lower fuel prices during the substantially reduced consumption during COVID makes no sense IMO.

I agree!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 12:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post

On the coast and at a full-service station. Have you been there? It's very pretty and very isolated, and you access it using 128 from Cloverdale or drive to Ukiah and then west. The Costco at Ukiah is not that far from there (about 60 miles) and they have regular for $5.99. The article does say the average is $6.14
Priced in ooak remote areas are always higher. I saw a sign posting diesel at 10 bucks in furnace creek. If your in Death valley and you need gas it's the only place. Your fault for not planning ahead. 30 min drive over the Nevada border will get you cheaper fuel..just sayin.
..a quick look at gas buddy shows mendicino prices normal ..well normal for california.

Perhaps that video is a bit of a conspiracy theory...the UP is not so powerful as to control the oil and gas company And if it's just a neener neener from them to Warren Buffet He in turn would find alternate ways to get his fuel for his stations. Big boys big games.
varmonter is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 12:57 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
There are government inflation #s, and there are real inflation numbers. The pain is current.
I keep hearing inflation numbers of 6-7%. Gasoline is up in the range of 200%. Eggs are actually in a similar range. Milk is up 50%.

Meat is harder to quantify in my eyes, but it is up a good bit more than 6-7%.

Vehicles are up a good bit. MSRP on new vehicles may only be slight increased, but the supply/demand means no one is knocking 10-20% off the MSRP. Used vehicle pricing is probably up 30-50%. I sold a 2011 F150 with 114K miles, an airbag light showing, and several maintenance issues, for $14K to CarMax.

Rents are up probably 30% or more, with some apartment complexes allowing people to break their leases because they can charge the new tenant $300-500 per month more. A duplex down the street from me in an average neighborhood was renting for $2k a month, with a minimum 2 year lease.

I see all of the Costco quotes. The Costco by mean shut down their gas pumps to double the number of pumps, so they were not an option this weekend. However, while pretty much everyone was charging $4.69 for regular, the Sam's close to where I store my TT was at $4.34 per gallon.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Congress enacted a ban on US crude oil exports in 1975, in the wake of the Arab oil embargo. The recent legislation repeals the 40-year old export ban is the Consolidated Appropriations Act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
Evidently you're unaware of the Jones Act.
Jones Act has not a thing to do with exporting oil and with us oil competing on the world market and the us oil price being defined by the global market.

"The Jones Act is a federal law that regulates maritime commerce in the United States. The Jones Act requires goods shipped between U.S. ports to be transported on ships that are built, owned, and operated by United States citizens or permanent residents. The Jones Act is Section 27 of the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, which provided for the maintenance of the American merchant marine"
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 07:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
Congress enacted a ban on US crude oil exports in 1975, in the wake of the Arab oil embargo. The recent legislation repeals the 40-year old export ban is the Consolidated Appropriations Act.

Jones Act has not a thing to do with exporting oil and with us oil competing on the world market and the us oil price being defined by the global market.

"The Jones Act is a federal law that regulates maritime commerce in the United States. The Jones Act requires goods shipped between U.S. ports to be transported on ships that are built, owned, and operated by United States citizens or permanent residents. The Jones Act is Section 27 of the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, which provided for the maintenance of the American merchant marine"
No one says it does.
Fogbelly is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 09:49 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogbelly View Post
No one says it does.
But if you read your post, you lead the reader to believe that the Jones act is somehow responsible for higher furl prices. So what did you intend for the comment to mean?
Old 06-07-2022, 10:09 PM   #55

The reason fuel prices are high.

Oil is bad and renewables are good
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply
Old 06-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #56

Of course itís the complicated answer and the simple one ( which not many people like to hear) so here itís the simplest version, OPEC cuts production oil prices goes up, OPEC increases production prices comes down, itís been going on for years, during COVID at the request of the US government OPEC didnít cut production allowing the prices to stay dirty cheap, now prices are much higher why? To make up for lost profits. Itís a number game. I give you a little more to bite on, American oil companies drill for oil with money from investors when prices are high, when oil prices are dirty cheap they all close shop at the expense of the so call investors which in turn write all off as an expense and thatís how the wheel turns itís a never ending circus. Are ready for another can of worms? Take electric cars the reason it sales itís because government incentives. Wait until it takes hold then you will see the price of Kw hours sky rocket itís no such thing as free lunch

Zzotte

Tags
fuel