Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #57

In that case, I'll answer more directly. My wife and I are free to do what we prefer (within our budget). Whenever we are at our brick house location, we spend most of the time inside. Whenever we go somewhere in our Dutch Star, it's for the purpose of going wherever we choose to go, for the purpose of going THERE. Naturally, we are going to spend our time inside our MH, UNLESS we are doing whatever we went THERE for in the first place. We don't consider our Dutch Star a "camper". It's a small self sufficient motorized little house, with a king-size bed, a useful kitchen, a fairly good sitting area, 2 TVs. AND a well-designed bathroom. It works OK for 2 of us plus 2 little dogs.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #58

I am the outdoorsy one , usually tinkering around with something or other that needs fixing or people watching. The DW is the indoor type. Loves the RV lifestyle but does not like the bugs that live outdoors. She is also a foodie. Always preparing something or has her other hobby, quilting, out.

Must admit, I wonder why some have a RV? Saw it in my boating days too. They get somewhere, anchor/setup, go inside & are never seen again.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:21 PM   #59
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
I am the outdoorsy one , usually tinkering around with something or other that needs fixing or people watching. The DW is the indoor type. Loves the RV lifestyle but does not like the bugs that live outdoors. She is also a foodie. Always preparing something or has her other hobby, quilting, out.

Must admit, I wonder why some have a RV? Saw it in my boating days too. They get somewhere, anchor/setup, go inside & are never seen again.
You wonder? You just described your wife as enjoying the inside of your RV, is it not possible there are others just like her?
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #60

In the old days, campgrounds were full of families who were camping for vacation or holidays. Now, campgrounds are old age homes on wheels, or where millennials work from their rv on a computer. If there are kids inside, they are watching tv, or playing on their I phones. We are always the ones outside. We are on vacation, no just living in an rv. Most campgrounds we go to, you could shoot a cannon down the street at nine at night. Chances are, you would hit no one. The old days were more fun. Campgrounds were bustling with activity and happy people. Some places still are, but certainly not so much anymore. That is why I prefer to travel with several other motorhomes. We bring our own fun, and we don't sit inside the rv until bedtime.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:00 PM   #61

You don't know what they're doing in there? They're on irv2, of course, talking about how their way is the only way, all with a smug arrogance.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:22 PM   #62

I think Abd came up with a pretty inclusive list of how different folks use their RVs. Mine is the 'cabin at the lake' on wheels. It's the home base to hike from or ride my bicycle... or it's my place to de-stress with a view of nature or friendly faces. Or all of those, and I'm just one RVer out of X million.

Part of what makes this fun is the amount of control you can keep, or become willing to relinquish, in order to enjoy whatever part of RVing that appeals to you at the moment.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:39 PM   #63
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
When you spend as much money on a motorhome as I did, you better believe I'm gonna be IN it as much as possible. I don't spend money lightly. I didn't drop a couple hundred thousand k-notes to not spend time in it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #64

Because some of us are indoor people and some of us are outdoor people. My hubby is an outdoor person and I’m an indoor person. It works.
6jsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #65

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
When you spend as much money on a motorhome as I did, you better believe I'm gonna be IN it as much as possible. I don't spend money lightly. I didn't drop a couple hundred thousand k-notes to not spend time in it.

Lori-

[emoji106] That is what I said about my S&B. Working for many years, going away on vacation several times -not often. But my question was, when do I get to enjoy this thing which takes an entire career to pay for? Thank God I got to retire. Now I spend a lot of time in it and around it - when not camping, of course. Although, I do some of that here too.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:45 PM   #66

We love the outdoors but my wife has some health issues that are impacted by heat and sun. If it's super hot out we go inside so she can have the AC on. I would prefer to be outside more but I am just happy we can be out there at all. For us our Class B van is like a moving cabin. We get to pick great places to travel and relax.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #67

You are purposely judging others based on your own wants and needs. People do what they want, when they want and don’t need to answer to you for it. Best to stick to your own hill of beans.
mikena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #68

To me, if you have a large motorhome you aren't camping.

Camping is what I did when I belonged to the Boy Scouts.

Camping is sleeping in a sleeping bag with or without a tent.

Camping is cooking your meals over a fire or perhaps a small butane stove if you are really sophisticated.

Camping is having a few gallons of water so you don't even take a shower until you go home.

People talk about how boondocking might be a misnomer due to the way it is used by RVers to describe living off the grid. But the real misnomer is calling what the vast majority of people do with their RVs "camping".
Paul Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #69

Spending time outside the RV depends on:

1 Wind

2 How hot it is and direct sun. Only for a few hours.

3 Flys - been where there were thousands! Camp was next to a dairy farm!

4 Neighbors with undisciplined kids and were all over every site but theirs. Only lasted three days over a weekend.

5 Only once for three days during a huge earwig invasion. They can really bite!

6 Going site seeing or a long walk.

7 At a friends RV all day.

There are a lot of reasons people including us that are not out and visible outside their RV.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #70

When we are out of the RV we are not hanging around the campground. For example, we spend a lot of time at a state park on a lake. We are out on the lake boating and fishing or out enjoying other scenic views. Last summer we visited 11 National Parks in the Rockies, and I am sure while we were out hiking around those parks, someone walking around the campground might think we were locked up in our RV.
Carl Avila is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, rvs