Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2020, 09:08 AM   #113

Outside

I sit outside and watch TV do not know how that applies am I outside or inside outside watching TV.
LOL
Jaxc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2020, 09:12 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
It's been a long slide since advent of air conditioning. When people no longer needed to sit outside in late afternoon and evening to escape the heat buildup in the house neighbor interactions started to decline.

I never thought about that, makes sense.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpeloquin View Post
Spending time outside the RV depends on:

1 Wind

2 How hot it is and direct sun. Only for a few hours.

3 Flys - been where there were thousands! Camp was next to a dairy farm!

4 Neighbors with undisciplined kids and were all over every site but theirs. Only lasted three days over a weekend.

5 Only once for three days during a huge earwig invasion. They can really bite!

6 Going site seeing or a long walk.

7 At a friends RV all day.

There are a lot of reasons people including us that are not out and visible outside their RV.
Where was the earwig invasion?
Oregoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #116

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt77 View Post
Why do you even care? If you are worrying about what someone else is doing with their RV then you are being judgmental. Unless you are being directly impacted by what a another RVer is doing, then just do your own thing and not worry about what someone else is doing.
AMEN.

As Sly and the family Stone said "Different strokes for different folks."
Old 02-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt77 View Post
Why do you even care? If you are worrying about what someone else is doing with their RV then you are being judgmental. Unless you are being directly impacted by what a another RVer is doing, then just do your own thing and not worry about what someone else is doing.
The OP said he was not being judgmental, just curios. Have we went so far that people asking a question because they're curious gets a churlish answer?

Might as well close this forum then, lots of questions are asked because of curiosity.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #118

Ha Ha
Only Nosey People are Curious
Curious people always become Nosey to resolve the curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
The OP said he was not being judgmental, just curios. Have we went so far that people asking a question because they're curious gets a churlish answer?

Might as well close this forum then, lots of questions are asked because of curiosity.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #119
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Folks, let's stop the personal attacks. That's against our Community Rules.
Quote:
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
Discuss the topic, not each other.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #120

Full time RV, full time work (remote) means that we spend alot of time indoors. People that come to the campground are "camping" as an end goal. For us, the campground is a place to stay while we do other stuff. A campground is a campground - with small variation, they are all the same. We are in them 365 days a year, so they cease to be the attraction. We are in the RV to see the country, not necessarily to camp.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #121

This turned into a flame war pretty quickly. Haha
To the OP, my DW and myself often wonder the same thing. It’s odd to us that folks would come to the woods and stay in their trailer.
Sailor Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #122

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think you're being judgmental at all and it's a good observation. We camp a lot at state parks as well as other campgrounds. Usually most people around us are out and about either walking or just sitting and relaxing. We do watch television but do so, when the weather permits, outside a lot on our outside entertainment center. We're so glad we opted to get this feature and use it quite often.

As others have said here, some do work from their camper/RV and also do live in it full time so that can explain some of it.

Anyway, however one uses their rig, happy camping
jeddpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #123

RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Mike View Post
This turned into a flame war pretty quickly. Haha
To the OP, my DW and myself often wonder the same thing. It’s odd to us that folks would come to the woods and stay in their trailer.
Agreed! My DW and I also wonder why we're the only ones ever cooking outside. (and to all you full timers, probably 80% of the respondents, I don't see this question being intended for you)
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #124
tcg

We mostly stay in state parks all summer long in Michigan. Almost everyone cooks outside.

As a matter of fact most weekends from the time they park until the time they leave most people are outside with their kids doing all sorts of stuff.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Foster View Post
To me, if you have a large motorhome you aren't camping.

Camping is what I did when I belonged to the Boy Scouts.

Camping is sleeping in a sleeping bag with or without a tent.

Camping is cooking your meals over a fire or perhaps a small butane stove if you are really sophisticated.

Camping is having a few gallons of water so you don't even take a shower until you go home.

People talk about how boondocking might be a misnomer due to the way it is used by RVers to describe living off the grid. But the real misnomer is calling what the vast majority of people do with their RVs "camping".
ditto. Did all that when I was younger & poorer. Now I am older and like my comforts. We are travelers/tourists not "campers". If the weather is good we are gone from the RV. Usually fishing. If it is bad we are in the RV doing what people do indoors in bad weather.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:16 AM   #126

The keywords in the comment you made were "To each his own". Maybe you should heed that.
Danj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, rvs