Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #29
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieVL View Post
Buy new. Then you can add your own allergens.

With the plus the joys of having a dealer/salesman add his own list of lies
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 03:07 PM   #30

Pets and allergies

Purchased two different units in the course of two years.Both dealerships said pervious owners were not pet owners. Liars, all of them. After expensive professional cleaning the steam vacuum was full of cat and or dog hair..

Finally, decided to purchase NEW and that corrected the problem. As a point most RV'ers you see at campgrounds have animals...

Go NEW!!!!!!!
Hwy Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #31

Used is the problem. If that’s such a specific requirement, go new.

Who knows whether they spent weeks at a park and friends brought their dog or cat over?

They didn’t “lie” but the damage is done.

Go new.
jerryc1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #32

Karlak, what if all flooring, etc. were removed and replaced? If that might possibly work, check out this dealer:
2008 Damon Tuscany 6 Slides Cummins Diesel Wood Floors Warranty
Old 10-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #33
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I remember seeing an online ad for a motorhome a few years ago. The ad stated "NO DOGS" in the text. However, one of the attached photos showed two dogs inside the coach walking around by the sofa.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #34

Jump to conclusions

I'm a Sales Manger at an RV dealership and we ask Customer if they have smoked or had pets if we don't smell it then how can we tell you. Customers only lie to us when their lips are moving so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Not everyone lies
[[CODE[/CODE]QUOTE=Karlak;4974230]Looking for an RV.

I have SUPER bad allergies to cats and sensitive to smoke.

I always ask if they were smokers or had animals and I expain I am allergic and I do not want to waste there time and my time.

Yesterday was the 5th rv that said they were non smokers and no pets..... LIARS

I walked in and there was no smoke but my allergies went off before I could make the bedroom. I walked out and the wife said "I guess the cleaners could not really get the dander out of the carpet" then she went on "this is a waste of our time"

WHY LIE, I was up front with them when I asked for NO PETS/SMoke

Grrr[/QUOTE]
Oldnavy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #35

Your best bet is buy a new one, 99% of the people have some kind of critters

Zzotte
Old 10-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #36

We bought new, as I have the very same issues, toxic allergy to dogs/cats and almost as severe to cigarette residue. HOWEVER.....

Very first place we shopped when looking was the largest dealership in our area, won't say who but their initials are CW. Anyway, salesman assigned to us accompanied us around, was very informative and knowledgeable, and accompanied by his large dog, who, we were informed was part of the sales team. We only looked at new coaches.

Dog followed him into each one.

Immediately jumped up either on the couch, recliner, and most often, even the bed to wait until his owner was leaving. We toured a dozen, brand new, never driven some very expensive Class A's. Dog toured every one with us. Always up on something. Even the bed.

We left. Visited several other dealers and spent our 200k budget, elsewhere.

Just because it has never been owned, does not necessarily equate to not being smoked in, or visited by animals.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #37

Allergies are tough. People should tell you up front. The only way to not have a smoked in or cat scent is to buy new. I don't know if an air scrubber would help you. I'm allergic to grass, pine trees, dogs, new leather goods and cockroaches. I keep my doors shut and use my aircon on days where people would normally just open a window. Buy new and you'll know that your allergies will be controlled.
kssme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #38

Why lie you ask. Because they are selling something, and they are selfish people. I have driven hours to look at something, only to find it broken or dented. One machine I went to look at had been in a fire. The woman cried when I said it wasn't worth anything. Sorry, but did you forget it burned lady. People want to recover their losses, and don't care about anyone but themselves. There are still decent people out there, but when they sell something, usually a relative or neighbor scoops it up before it hits the open market. There are exceptions of course, but I have been lied to many times buying equipment for my business.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlak View Post
I understand my allergies and that is why I bring it up to people before I go.

Dust, pollen and such do not bother, i told them animals in general. They said they never had any animals ever. When I started having issues the woman yelled at her husband that he wasted all that money to have the dander removed. They lied.

There were others you could smell the cat box sent, another one had the cat in a cage in the closet.

Good Luck even a new coach. My husband is allergic to pet dander also. We were watching Youtube videos and a couple "Camping with the Kellys" were taking their dog with them into brand new coaches to shop. When I called them on it she called me UPTIGHT! I called several dealers and were told they don't allow animals in new coaches but I guess everyone lies! It's a sad day! People are selfish don't care about others even in this great community!
wbputerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Used RV & allergies

I have terrible allergies to smoke and animal dander. [Mod Edit]I’m a clean freak. It’s never been smoked in. Our Havanese dog has no dander. So, if you can find a rig like ours owned by a person like me - who ABSOLUTELY HATES liars - there you have it!
Obviously, it can be done. Sadly, it can take a lot longer than back in the good ole days when “honestly is the best policy”.
Andrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
I have terrible allergies to smoke and animal dander. [Mod Edit] I’m a clean freak. It’s never been smoked in. Our Havanese dog has no dander. So, if you can find a rig like ours owned by a person like me - who ABSOLUTELY HATES liars - there you have it!
Obviously, it can be done. Sadly, it can take a lot longer than back in the good ole days when “honestly is the best policy”.
I found your ad and see you added that you have a dog. I probably would do that also but it likely does cause some to not look at it. I think some things fall under "share the info when asked". I guess it's for everyone to decide on their own. Your rig looks clean and is probably well taken care of.
You can go see what similar MH's have sold for at PPL. You won't like what you see there though. It looks like CS in that vintage are more around 35k or so.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote