Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Windshield loose

And one know of a good windshield repair shop in Muskogee or Tulsa, Okhaloma area? My windshield is not broken but seems to be coming loose. Sounds like a hurricane inside. Thanks
Wayne McDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
You need to put your motorhome brand/model type in your signature and THEN you will get responses from others with the same motorhome and issue fix. Don't be so eager to pay the fix it man. That's why this forum exists....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #4

Good morning Wayne
I don't have an answer to your question about a shop location since I am 750 miles away from Tulsa, Oklahoma, but I do have some experience with windshields popping out. Yes it does get loud! We had the problem with a 97 Fleetwood Discovery and had the windshield removed and reset. We had ours done at a autobody collision shop since they do this type of thing all the time with car wrecks. It popped out a second time while we were driving to a Fleetwood rally and the tech at the rally knew exactly what was wrong.

From what I have read, windshield glass can pop out for several reasons, one being the leveling sequence the owners use. Make sure you follow the sequence Newmar recommends for your Dutch Star. Another reason, and the one that applied to our coach, was the lack of adequate windshield bracing. Fleetwood installed new cross bracing that held the front cap up and in a more stable position. We never had the problem again.

Good luck with your fix, and make sure you post again with what you find as the cause of the problem.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:34 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Bigd9. Nice to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. My coach is a 2000 Newmar Dutch Star diesel pusher. I believe I have found a shop in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma that is familiar with this problem. Supposed to give me a call tomorrow.
Wayne McDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Also check out RV Service Reviews . Hope this helps.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #7

It wouldn't be the upper corner on the passenger side by any chance would it? It's popped out on my 2000 Dutch Star 3 times in 5yrs. of ownership. To have it done right, the windshield should be removed and repositioned. They can probably get it back in without the removal, but it'll just do it again. Also if they do remove it, have them take a close look at the rubber gasket. It could be ready for replacement, after all it's now 15yrs. old.. That's what I finally had to do on the the third pop out.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote