Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #43

If you read her other posts which began March 2017 - she has a 1988 Coachman Catalina trailer and has lived in it full-time. So she's not new to RVing.

I just wish she'd return and let us know if anything we suggested helped or not and what she's going to do.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
If you read her other posts which began March 2017 - she has a 1988 Coachman Catalina trailer and has lived in it full-time. So she's not new to RVing.
...well. in fact I did not read every post Nicole has ever made in every OTHER thread she has participated in ....but in her first post in THIS thread I believe she said that she had never towed anything (!! that sound like maybe a newbie to towing in my book)

... and that she didnt really know the difference between Class A and C except for 'maybe their nose' (that sounds kinda like a newbie to me )

...that and other things she said strongly imply to me she is new to RVing. No big deal. She clearly was asking for suggestions though.

But regardless of that, ... my point was that her desire to be out in the quiet solitude of the outdoors got interpreted by her somehow as going to places that you will 'fall off cliffs'.

That to me is a surmountable situation.
There are innumerable places to safely and enjoyably drive a Class-C and be safe and happy.

And again I wish Nicole well !
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole14 View Post
I want to have a lot of freedom to go down bumpy dirt roads with ruts in them, sharp turns, etc. I also want space to live in because this will be my full time home. Ideally a slide out or two.

My research suggests that a Class A would give me lots of size, but no maneuverability and could end up falling off a cliff in the mountains.

A Class B looks too small to live in full time, especially with a dog and a potential partner.

A Class C doesn't seem that much different from a Class A and I'm not sure I really understand the difference between them except that Class A has a flat face and Class C has a nose.

A travel trailer plus tow vehicle worries me that the trailer might go off a cliff on a sharp turn, but I'm not sure. I've never towed anything before.

A converted schoolbus seems to be basically the same issues as a class A, except no slides but lots of windows.

Can anyone give me some advice for what to be looking for?

This is an old thread, so I'm probably wasting this help - but here is the perfect RV for one (or two) to full-time live in comfortably anywhere in the U.S. that a 4X4 pickup can go - they're not too too expensive new, but a used one would offer the most value:
Tiger Models - Tiger Adventure Vehicles

(Study the information thorougly - these ARE NOT "truck campers" per se. They're way more rugged and stable than a truck camper because the coach part is permanently built on to, and connected to, the base truck frame itself.)
Phil G. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking