Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Winter snowbirds

Winter snowbirds. Did you find your favorite wintering location to be warmer, colder, or about the same?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #2

Where ever it 72 degrees, winter and summer.
Why would you go some where the same or colder?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #3

Warmer for sure!..... Yuma..
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #4

We spent the winter in way south Texas the last few years and the winter of 17 and 18 were definitely colder. May I ask why you ask?? Please don't say "climate change".
Old 04-25-2019, 05:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It wasn’t good. We will be going somewhere else next winter.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We were in Mission TX in January, thought it was quite nice. The locals thought it was chilly. We spent February and March in Arizona, and it was definitely colder until the 2nd week of March. We are booked for 4 months in South Florida next winter!
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Actually it seemed a little colder in Mission TX. then last year. We were there from Nov. to March.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopkat View Post
We spent the winter in way south Texas the last few years and the winter of 17 and 18 were definitely colder. May I ask why you ask?? Please don't say "climate change".

Climate change is not about WEATHER at any particular place or time it is about GLOBAL average warming of the planet, one effect of which is to affect weather in certain areas.

Here in Alaska this phenomenon is CLEAR. As the planet warms species that have never been seen in Alaska are now showing up and surviving.

I spent the coldest months in Tucson where the weather is always great. I spent 2 months in Texas under constant clouds and rain and WET drizzle. Now I am in Fairbanks.
BTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopkat View Post
May I ask why you ask?? Please don't say "climate change".
The last two winters here in mid MN really kicked my butt. Just looking for a place that would be dry and cool as in not too many days in the 20's and not too many in the 70's.

I try not to participate in political/religious conversations on this forum. There was no hidden agenda in my inquiry.

Thank you for your response.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
The last two winters here in mid MN really kicked my butt. Just looking for a place that would be dry and cool as in not too many days in the 20's and not too many in the 70's.

For that you want Arizona - anywhere south of the greater Phoenix area. If you go farther north in Arizona you can have snow. It's all about elevation. I suggest for your first year or two to move around and not plan a place for the whole season. You may not like the area or park and then you'll be stuck. As in all states, no place is the same. It depends what you want in way of facilities or recreation activities. Do you want a RV park? Public campgrounds? Boondocking? Arizona has it all..... in populated areas and in quieter areas. Hope you can leave MN next winter. You've had a brutal one. That's why we left Michigan for good!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #11

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
For that you want Arizona - anywhere south of the greater Phoenix area. If you go farther north in Arizona you can have snow. It's all about elevation. I suggest for your first year or two to move around and not plan a place for the whole season. You may not like the area or park and then you'll be stuck. As in all states, no place is the same. It depends what you want in way of facilities or recreation activities. Do you want a RV park? Public campgrounds? Boondocking? Arizona has it all..... in populated areas and in quieter areas. Hope you can leave MN next winter. You've had a brutal one. That's why we left Michigan for good!
Thanks for the information. Appreciated.

It seems like the last two winters have been tough down south as well but not deadly like MN. And North Dakota was even worse than us.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:16 PM   #12

Weather. It is hard to predict things, especially the future.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #13

We spent last Jan in Mission, TX and thought it was comfortable enough to ride our motorcycle most days. For Jan 18, we spent in Foley, AL and it was way too cold for us, even had a 2 day ice storm. Not good for a motorcycle. We already made reservations for Mission, TX next Jan.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:12 PM   #14

As opposed to summer snowbirds?
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter