Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2021, 03:30 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
I have winterization depression syndrome.
Just winterized my Horizon on my home RV Pad.
Lucky me it was about 60f today but it will be freezing by the end of the week.
I always get a little depressed when I finish, it means I can’t go out on the spur of the moment anymore.
Do you get depressed too?
Even after 22 yrs of RVing I always want to just be able to jump in and go somewhere for a few days
Next trip will be New Years week to Destin, Florida for a month.
Move to Florida, Georgia or Alabama - We go all the time - whenever - We're pretty Spontanious(sic) - give us 45 minutes and we're gone. Happy Camping.
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2021, 04:07 AM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
We still use ours. Just flush with antifreeze and use paper plates.
Shutterbug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:10 AM   #59

Winterization Depression Syndrome is very similar to what avid motorcyclists experience when it is wintertime and too cold to ride....

PMS..........Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:14 AM   #60

Ah yes I too had winterization syndrome, water heater barely stopped draining and I wanted to go. I solved it with a Belize dive trip it’s awesome suns coming up life is good.
Tinytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:34 AM   #61

It’s done! I winterized the new coach yesterday. I took one last 2hr drive to CT and back to fill the tanks, work the stabilizer thru the gen and main. When I left northern RI it was 27 degrees around 7AM, but the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky. No one was on the road being RI so the drive was peaceful. Coach ran great and I kept thinking by the summer the whole family with be with me traveling somewhere as it was just me on this trip. I did see a few other coaches and a number of trailers on the road. I hope to do a few day trips before they start salting the roads. Once the salt comes out I won’t be moving her.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:47 AM   #62

Don't "winterize" here in NW FL. We get occasional cold snaps down to/below freezing (yes even in Destin area) but it rarely stays under freezing during the day. When temps will go cold overnight for some days we just put in an oil-filled heater which has an anti-freeze setting on it. So far, so good... BTW, we do leave the faucet valves open, too.

Paul and Christine G.
06 Winnebago View in NW FL
Guzowskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:13 AM   #63

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I winterize mine weekly.

Drain water tank
Drain hot water tank (especially important)

Open faucets and drain water lines
"Flush" toiled with water off (drains toilet supply valve)

put pink stuff in sink and shower drains
run pink stuff into water pump (just enough to get into the pump)

That's it. On the Fleetwood it was pretty quick. This year will be a little more as the Holiday Rambler water tank valve is small and there's an outside shower to contend with . . . . but there's also an automatic wet bay heater (heavy battery drain, so must be plugged into the house).

Don't give up what you love just because it's freezing out!

Best,
- bob
cbr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:25 AM   #64

Mild winters

We live in Creswell Oregon close to Eugene
I Have a shop barely big enough to hold our Vintage
2002 36 ft Monaco Windsor. I do not heat the shop but it stays a little warmer in there than outside .
I do not winterize . I keep her full of diesel and propane and plugged in to 120/240 v 50 amps
I plug in a 120 volt oil filled free standing heater some times two in a hard freeze. Also have a smaller oil filled one in the lower bay where plumbing is exposed . Four winters now with out any problems doing this .
Gdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:08 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
I have winterization depression syndrome.
Just winterized my Horizon on my home RV Pad.
Lucky me it was about 60f today but it will be freezing by the end of the week.
I always get a little depressed when I finish, it means I can’t go out on the spur of the moment anymore.
Do you get depressed too?
Even after 22 yrs of RVing I always want to just be able to jump in and go somewhere for a few days
Next trip will be New Years week to Destin, Florida for a month.
No big deal. I go out regularly in winter. But I halve a truck camper. I just disconnect water pump and run it for a few seconds and dump some antifreeze in the traps. Never any antifreeze in pump or water tanks.

Cassette toilet can be run with 30% - 50% dilution of window washer fluid. I've been down to zero degrees in it. I empty all the water tanks, disc shower.

Before I found out I could go out wet in winter I went out dry. Lugaloo and used a plastic tray for the sink and carried a few gallons of water. I don't have a basement so was worried about freezing. Then I tried it one time and all was fine. But I have to run a heater in it for a day or can't get faucets to work for filling it with water. When I come home I drain it all and prep.

Sure, big rig is more work, but you can go out if you want to.
slackercrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:09 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog View Post
We live in Creswell Oregon close to Eugene
I Have a shop barely big enough to hold our Vintage
2002 36 ft Monaco Windsor. I do not heat the shop but it stays a little warmer in there than outside .
I do not winterize . I keep her full of diesel and propane and plugged in to 120/240 v 50 amps
I plug in a 120 volt oil filled free standing heater some times two in a hard freeze. Also have a smaller oil filled one in the lower bay where plumbing is exposed . Four winters now with out any problems doing this .
You lucky dog!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
It’s done! I winterized the new coach yesterday. I took one last 2hr drive to CT and back to fill the tanks, work the stabilizer thru the gen and main. When I left northern RI it was 27 degrees around 7AM, but the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky. No one was on the road being RI so the drive was peaceful. Coach ran great and I kept thinking by the summer the whole family with be with me traveling somewhere as it was just me on this trip. I did see a few other coaches and a number of trailers on the road. I hope to do a few day trips before they start salting the roads. Once the salt comes out I won’t be moving her.
That is why I quit skiing in VT...salt. I run in winter more local, but dread the salt. Can't afford to rebuy it.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Winterization Depression Syndrome is very similar to what avid motorcyclists experience when it is wintertime and too cold to ride....

PMS..........Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.
You get electric underwear.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:14 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug57 View Post
We still use ours. Just flush with antifreeze and use paper plates.
There you go...there you go!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:15 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder Man View Post
I am going to make you feel bad. I have never winterized my unit because I am lucky to be able to park it in a heated/cooled garage - 16 x 55. I just could not stand to leave it parked in the driveway unprotected from the elements and rented the space.
Jealous!

Tags
winter