Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2021, 06:26 PM   #1

Workhorse p32 rear leaf springs

I am looking for replacement rear leaf springs and finding results from 2 to 8 leaves. Anyone have info they like to share on replacement. Thanks

04 Fleetwood Terra
Mattsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2021, 06:42 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
I would go with what you have.

Adding extra will stiffen up the ride. Chances are yours are just getting tired.

A good spring and suspesion shop could also re-curve them for you, but that practise has gone by the way of the Dodo. It took skill to do it, and now most shops just want to sell new parts.

JMHO.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You're not saying what your issue is....but I had a 2004 32' Fleetwood Terra with the big block Chevy.....it was a beast on the hills. I needed to be able to lift the rear end to get it up the hill into my backyard. I installed air bags, with compressor and the dash mounted controller. I really only wanted to use the bags to give me the few inches of lift so I could back up my hill.

After the install, I used the bags to level the coach and add a little rear lift to it. It was amazing at how much better it handled. It was really a nice surprise. I also played with the air up front and found around 85psi made the coach really handle well.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #4

Here is a pic of the current ones, maybe original. The ride clearance at the Jack's in the front is about 8 inches, the rear 4 inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_142333.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	333820  
Old 06-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #5

I would measure against FACTORY SPECS for RIDE HEIGHT.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
I would measure against FACTORY SPECS for RIDE HEIGHT.
Yes for sure, that is why I'm trying to find the original replacement Springs. The ones we currently have are obviously shot.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsd View Post
Yes for sure, that is why I'm trying to find the original replacement Springs. The ones we currently have are obviously shot.

So, what is factory spec for ride height front and rear and what do you measure?

And, front air bags (if so what PSI) or aftermarket stronger springs?
Old 06-27-2021, 06:12 PM   #8

There should be some spring shops in your area that can make or find some.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p32, rear, workhorse