Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicRT View Post
There's a simple way to simplify financing - pay cash.
You know what? I really agree with this statement.. particularly when one is discussing a sub-15000 dollar RV.

I can understand going through through the gyrations of pitching financing against cash when you start talking about the $250,000 dollar units... I would suspect that anyone who is buying a 250,000 rv and up is likely pretty hip on the world of finance, credit, personal finance, investments and savings.

But for a $12,999 dollar rv, legitimately this is a goal worthy of saving up and paying cash for.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
So to recap:

1. Someone says Newmar will not sell to a CW dealership. I post not true and point out which ones carry Newmar products.

2. You post that you looked on Newmars website and that there aren’t any.

3. I reply giving links to 3 different dealers that carry 2018 Newmar products.

4. You reply back that the link only shows used. You also state that Tom Johnson CW will probably not be carrying them for long.

5. I point out that the link has both new and used sold at CW locations. I also explain I work in the RV industry, and not for CW. I also point out that Tom Johnson has been carrying Newmar under the CW name for the last 3 years.

6. To apparently try to prove me wrong, you then call Newmar.

I tell you what, you win. Congratulations!

Back to one of this forums favorite pastimes, bashing Camping World.
Feel better now
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our resent purchase back in Oct, I contacted 4-5 dealers out west (CO. UT. WY. OR. & ID. The Camping World in ID. ( Idaho Falls ) quoted me the highest out the door price for all 5. And that was one of the 3 dealers we physically visited. We was about $7k more than what we purchased the Timber Ridge for in the end.

He ( ID. CW dealer) had told me something that I checked up on. Since I was going to be a out of state buyer from 2000 miles away he said my local CW dealer will do all my warranty work. When I contacted my CW dealer (30 miles from home) the GM said "There is no way we would ""EVER"" do any warranty work on that RV. Period...we will not touch that unit....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Our resent purchase back in Oct, I contacted 4-5 dealers out west (CO. UT. WY. OR. & ID. The Camping World in ID. ( Idaho Falls ) quoted me the highest out the door price for all 5. And that was one of the 3 dealers we physically visited. We was about $7k more than what we purchased the Timber Ridge for in the end.

He ( ID. CW dealer) had told me something that I checked up on. Since I was going to be a out of state buyer from 2000 miles away he said my local CW dealer will do all my warranty work. When I contacted my CW dealer (30 miles from home) the GM said "There is no way we would ""EVER"" do any warranty work on that RV. Period...we will not touch that unit....

That's really pretty amazing. A "sister" store that won't honor warranty.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #61

[QUOTE=AtomicRT;3979666]There's a simple way to simplify financing - pay cash.[/

Yeah, that's always real easy to say. But if you don't make a lot of money, sometimes that's the only way you can afford an RV. I know you can get RV loans for a small monthly payment, and instead of saving for 10 years, you can enjoy yourself now. I know you're not supposed to arrange your loan by payments you can afford, but like I said, sometimes it's that or nothing. I've financed practically everything I've ever owned- like everybody else- and paid everything off. Didn't hurt a thing. If I had tried to save up, I'd have nothing. Financing is there for a reason- good, bad, or indifferent. I certainly wished I made enough money to save up for something.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:48 AM   #62

My one, and only almost buying experience with CW is neither positive, nor negative. When shopping for our first RV we found one we really liked at CW. I told the salesman we had one more we wanted to see before buying. He said if I put a refundable deposit on it they would hold it for 72 hrs while we decided. I agreed, but when I looked at the receipt it said nothing about being refundable. I asked the salesman to add it, and for him, and the sales mngr. To sign it. We found another RV elsewhere. I called the salesman, and we got refund back. Would it have been so easy had I not made them add "refundable" to the receipt? I'll never know, but it's always easier on the front end than after.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #63

We looked at a class C in CW, I asked for a test drive, they said not unless I signed a purchase agreement.

Went to a local Mom and Pop store and test drive the class A I have now:-)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #64

Seems consistent with what I know about current CW
Old 01-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think this video is a good representation of what business in America has become, and it saddens me. Everyone is out to pull one over on you, the consumer. Good businesses who are out to provide a quality service or good, and make a fair profit are a dying breed. CEOs are in and out so quick, and get paid so much that they couldn't care less about the 'orchard' or the 'flock'. They have no vested long term interest.

That being said, in response to some of the comments here, herein lies a conundrum. Should consumers take responsibility in the things they purchase and contracts they sign? Yes. Absolutely. Does the average consumer have the capacity or knowledge to understand some of the things that get put in these contracts? Absolutely not. These are 'predatory' practices that many people are helpless against and frankly, it's unethical. You cannot blame the victim here.

Though, I don't think Camping World is the only offender here. Every interaction I've had with the RV industry - purchasing, warranty, service - has been a nightmare. Based on my experience and research, overall quality and general lack of respect for the customer are characteristics that are spreading (or already have spread) like a bad disease.

This all sucks, because we as the practitioners of this hobby have to choose to deal with the stress and fatigue of battling our corporate overlords to be made whole, or concede and take what we can get.

It's unfortunate that we cant just live in a world where we can have a simple business transaction that makes both parties happy without one trying to 'win' or swindle the other.
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #66
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan-Bull View Post
I think this video is a good representation of what business in America has become, and it saddens me. Everyone is out to pull one over on you, the consumer. Good businesses who are out to provide a quality service or good, and make a fair profit are a dying breed. CEOs are in and out so quick, and get paid so much that they couldn't care less about the 'orchard' or the 'flock'. They have no vested long term interest.

That being said, in response to some of the comments here, herein lies a conundrum. Should consumers take responsibility in the things they purchase and contracts they sign? Yes. Absolutely. Does the average consumer have the capacity or knowledge to understand some of the things that get put in these contracts? Absolutely not. These are 'predatory' practices that many people are helpless against and frankly, it's unethical. You cannot blame the victim here.

Though, I don't think Camping World is the only offender here. Every interaction I've had with the RV industry - purchasing, warranty, service - has been a nightmare. Based on my experience and research, overall quality and general lack of respect for the customer are characteristics that are spreading (or already have spread) like a bad disease.

This all sucks, because we as the practitioners of this hobby have to choose to deal with the stress and fatigue of battling our corporate overlords to be made whole, or concede and take what we can get.

It's unfortunate that we cant just live in a world where we can have a simple business transaction that makes both parties happy without one trying to 'win' or swindle the other.
Well said!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Retracted
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #68

Back in the old days, when I had to work for a living, I almost never gave my competitors a good review. Likely the maker of this video is the same way.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #69

Right on!
pepper 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:42 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
My break with Camping World came a few years back. They still had the Presidents Club.

The coach needed four new house batteries. Went to CW. I had a business meeting in downtown Houston so I left the DW to deal with CW and left in the Jeep.

She called about a half hour after the Camping World store opened to advise that the batteries would cost $380 and the installation would be $120 additional. I asked if she had showed them the ad offering free installation for President’s Club members. She said, “yes, she had done that.” I asked her to get me the service manager on the phone. He said they were very busy and if I wanted them installed for free, he wouldn’t be able to do it today, but for $120 he could get it done.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, but the guy was dead serious.

Bought four batteries at Sam’s Club for about $100 less and installed them myself in about 30 minutes. I’ve avoided CW like the Plague ever since.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world