Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Oh, by the way.....a high temperature of 62 degrees today and going down to around 55 tonight. What happened to that warm weather I was talking about
Time to break out the skis and ice skates!

Sure wish we were in that empty space next to you!

We had sent for Disney World promo material to show to the in-laws we hoped to bring down with us if we could have made it - and were disappointed to see so much emphasis on the attractions and activities for kids - and so little for adults - do you still find Epcot to be well oriented to adults?

Mickey and friends are fine in the other DW areas - but we have really enjoyed the more mature adult presentations provided by Epcot - hope that still holds true...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Oh, by the way.....a high temperature of 62 degrees today and going down to around 55 tonight. What happened to that warm weather I was talking about
It's all my fault.

I must have brought it down with me when I arrived yesterday. I'm 8 miles west of WDW.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Gary,

You are right about the marketing folks at Disney targeting the material towards the younger families, but I think it might be because that group could the ones requesting the material and viewing it so much. Our family (family with children) is probably in that targeted demographic and I know my daughter must have watched that vacation planning at Disney DVD 100 times as the trip got closer.

I do feel there are things for adults though. Certainly Epcot with it's world showcase of countries around the lake attracts the mature audience, but all of the parks do have things that are interesting to all ages. I've had a great time this week chatting to various folks I've met here in the campground, and on the busses getting around the Disney properties. Interestingly, I've probably seen nearly as many couples without children as those with kids.

Last night for example, we wandered through the streets of the Osborne family spectacle of lights and were amazed by the display. Pictures just don't do justice to the real thing. There was more of the older crowd admiring the lights than the young families.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0692r.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1801  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
It's all my fault.

I must have brought it down with me when I arrived yesterday. I'm 8 miles west of WDW.
Well, at least the chilly weather will be gone tomorrow. I just saw the forecast and it looks like tomorrow is back to the mid-70's My daughter and I just came back from a long walk around the campground and it sure is nice to be able to take an evening stroll even if it is a bit chilly. Next week at home, we'll probably have snow......
Old 11-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #19

Thanks for the info Joe - and WOW, what a beautiful picture of that lighted night-time scene - all the more envious now!

GOTTA make it next year!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-K View Post
Next week at home, we'll probably have snow......
Not quite yet. We had Indian Summer last wknd (temps topping 70) & the weatherman is forecasting it again for this wknd. Although it isn't the same as being in FL, it'll do for up here this time of yr.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #21

Joe: enjoy your Fla visit but remember you still have to go back home. Could always stop here in Beaufort SC for a day or so to extend the time off. Now you know why we leave in Oct for SC and Fla in Jan (when it gets too cold here). See ya next summer up north. Lee
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The visit to Florida was wonderful, but way to short. The family and I pulled out of the campground Saturday and headed home. Particularly along I-95 and in Georgia we were about the only RV headed North. I-95 was flooded with RV's of all sorts heading South as the snowbirds begin the annual migration to Florida.

Speaking of I-95....what's the deal in Georgia??? It seemed like half the state was under construction.

Saturday we drove from Orlando to Fort Chisswell, VA for a brief overnight stop then pulled out again Sunday morning and arrived home in the early afternoon. It sure doesn't take long to lose that "vacation feeling" sitting back in the office looking drab overcast sky we have here.

This week is going to be the unpleasant task of emptying the motorhome and winterizing it for the year.....Ugh. Oh well!! Just have to start counting down the days until next season
Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #23
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Speaking of I-95....what's the deal in Georgia??? It seemed like half the state was under construction.
It's one of Georgia's trademarks.

Usually all the other states on I95 have lots of construction, but not this time.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Not just Georgia - all OVER the USA - saw LOTS of it between Oregon and Ohio on our recent trip.

You hafta remember that the Interstate System was originally built and maintained as a method of rapid military movement and deployment. The powers that be, under current and expected social and economical conditions sees the need to upgrade and maintain the main travel arteries of the country for proper control of the masses - and China wants the same capabilities available when the USA defaults on the Chine$e loan$, and they foreclose...

And yeah, the above is only about half in jest...
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Maybe that is the case that all the other states are usually under construction, but wern't now so I noticed Georgia more. Man, it was a stretch though of narrow lanes that folks wouldn't pass. All it took was two vehicles that wouldn't pass each other to really back things up.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #26

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
What loop are you on? I have reservations for February and am wondering which are the new enlarged sites.

Thanks...
Others may have more information, but the 1000, 1100, and 1700 loops are all improved. Likely other loops have been worked on as well. I think some loops were closed in early fall as we repeatedly tried to get reservations and couldn't. Suddenly in mid October it seems like there was all kinds of availability for periods that had previously been unavailable. We had no problems making reservations for days in November, December, and January.