Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #1

Wrapping or painting my 1996 Savanna TT to honor law enforcement etc.

So I bought this about a year ago and had idea to wrap it or paint it some way to honor/support law enforcement- Iím fed up of all the Negative publicity on Police Officers
Iíve been saving some money but all options are starting to sound like itíll will be too much of an impact financially.

My plan was to wrap it in black , white with blue stripe along one side or something along those lines.
Does anyone know any shop in CA that will be willing to support my idea and give me a good price?
Also will welcome ideas.

Thanks....
jzaldivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great idea. Here is someone I know who did the same for the military.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motorhome.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	210088  
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzaldivar View Post
So I bought this about a year ago and had idea to wrap it or paint it some way to honor/support law enforcement- Iím fed up of all the Negative publicity on Police Officers
Iíve been saving some money but all options are starting to sound like itíll will be too much of an impact financially.

My plan was to wrap it in black , white with blue stripe along one side or something along those lines.
Does anyone know any shop in CA that will be willing to support my idea and give me a good price?
Also will welcome ideas.

Thanks....

Iím not anywhere near you but since I am in the Sign business I will give you a heads up regarding a vehicle wrap. Typically you can expect 3-5 years out of your wrap job. Particularly in the Southwest, your sun exposure is pretty intense. I have seen wraps last longer but usually within 3-5 years you will see degrading of the product but it is much better now than in the past. That said if you have a base color you want to start with I would recommend painting the RV with your base color so when the wrap fails you donít go back to ground zero. Also by painting the base color your wrap should be less costly now and if you want to replace or upgrade it down the road. They only have to do a partial wrap to get the graphics of your choice. Check online for vehicle wraps in CA Iím sure there are many companies in your area that do this. Just tell them what you are trying to achieve and your purpose, one of them may jump on board and give a discounted price at their cost. Even at cost this will be pretty expensive, the material to do an RV wrap is costly and the project is labor intensive.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #4

Iím starting to feel like Iím trying to bite of more than I can chew...

I even thought of reaching out for sponsors but I donít know.

Thanks .
Old 07-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #5

Wrap is a 5 year deal. Paint is forever.
Wrap figure $10,000. Paint in Mexico figure 5K depending on how involved you get
Old 07-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #6

Wrapping or painting my 1996 Savanna TT to honor law enforcement etc.

Wow didnít realize wrap would cost so much...
I thought about painting in Mexico too but with what Iím trying to achieve it probably wonít make it back in one piece.
Iím Mexican and it saddens me to say that but itís true.

Iíve saved up 1500- figure if I can get some one to paint it for 2500-3500 with a blue or black base for a nice backdrop
I can start found around shops to donate large decals and on the rear cap list all who donated...

Tags
paint