Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ah! Yellowstone! Last spring it took us over two hours to go about a mile and a half because we were in a "Buffalo Jam." Yep! it was beautiful watching them just walking down the middle of the road, some side by side, doing their thing.

After having been stuck in several buffalo jams, I have concluded that is deliberate on the part of the buffalo. I have two theories as to their motivation.

Theory 1: By walking down the middle of the road, they are demonstrating that they are dominant over these big noisy critters that are stopped waiting for them to move.

Theory 2: Buffalo have a sense of humor. "Hey Pete! Look what I can do." "Aw, that's nothing. Watch me stop twice as many cars as that."

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #58

Gulf Streamers Club
just to add to this thread, there are free apps at this site untill end of april, seen it on the Tiffin site, I looked at some of the Individual apps and give lots of info specific to that park.

Chimani is giving away 1 million free copies of their National Parks Apps. They have them for iPhone and Android till 30 Apr as part of a National Parks week promotion. Check it out

http://www.chimani.com/
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, just downloaded the Yellowstone app, it is a good one. Going to Yellowstone in June with the Grandkids.
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Exclamation YellowStone NP

Been there several times with my 28' class A, no problem stopping in viewing areas. The sights are beautiful the animals wonderful the people incredibly stupid why more don't get hurt is beyond me. Use your common sense and don't take chances these are WILD animals and not some Disney scripted robots. I don't stay in the park to many yelling screaming kids I use the smaller Idaho parks that aren't to far away. Use plenty of sunscreen and bug repellent as the skeeters are fierce in some areas in the evening. Nothing like it though quite a nice adventure. Take lots and lots of photos and try not to let the crowds get to you.The crowds get to me the people are just to many and everywhere I won't be back unless it is early spring or fall after the kids go back to school.
Cody is a nice place to visit stay overnight and get provisions before going in to the NP. West Yellow Stone is busy and often crowded, the prices are high too.
Once I got to a state camping ground about twenty miles away I could shake of the crowds and enjoy the forest.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
Been there several times with my 28' class A, no problem stopping in viewing areas. The sights are beautiful the animals wonderful the people incredibly stupid why more don't get hurt is beyond me. Use your common sense and don't take chances these are WILD animals and not some Disney scripted robots. I don't stay in the park to many yelling screaming kids I use the smaller Idaho parks that aren't to far away. Use plenty of sunscreen and bug repellent as the skeeters are fierce in some areas in the evening. Nothing like it though quite a nice adventure. Take lots and lots of photos and try not to let the crowds get to you.The crowds get to me the people are just to many and everywhere I won't be back unless it is early spring or fall after the kids go back to school.
Cody is a nice place to visit stay overnight and get provisions before going in to the NP. West Yellow Stone is busy and often crowded, the prices are high too.
Once I got to a state camping ground about twenty miles away I could shake of the crowds and enjoy the forest.
Yeah I hear ya and agree about the crowds of people, some not so smart. It seems the older I get the more I like my own company, by and large. But Im goin to thr rally and that will be a time to hang with like minded folk. Lookin forward to YS next year, rally this year. Sandy
Mysticcherok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #62

Hi Mystic,
Wish I was going with you. How long do you have? I spent 6 weeks out there last year and it wasn't enough. The Colter Bay RV Park in the Teton National Park has full hook ups and is the best of the campgrounds in the national parks proper. Fishing Bridge is a parking lot with hook ups but is full during the season. I got there in late june last year and it still had snow and mud but it was close to most things. I also stayed and the Yellowstone Edge in Emigrant Montana. Be there on the 4th of July and take part in all the festivities including the rodeo in Livingston. Cody was a pleasant surprise. Find out when the Indan Pow Wow is and see it. I stayed at the Ponderosa and it was great. Ask for a spot by the river. It looked like a cliff to me. Definitly do the 2 scenic highways mentioned. When you finally get home you will want to plan your next trip out there. Don't worry about seeing the wildlife, they will find you.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The last 2 times I was in Yellowstone, we rented snowmobiles and rode into the park. This is a whole different way to enjoy this beautiful place. When visiting in the summer, the most hauntingly beautiful place I've ever experienced is Artist's Point. I haven't seen it for nearly 30 years, but can still close my eyes and see it as though I was looking at a mural. Just something about that place that I can't shake (lucky for me).