Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #15

first I am going to agree with the other poster that Cat parts are not hard to come by, almost every truck shop can get them. The Safari was a good brand, and Beaver was also bought out by them and Monoco. To get a deal you will have to be prepared to move and make a decision quickly. I think you should stick with diesels personally. If you already drive a diesel pickup, I doubt that you will be looking for a gas pickup in the future. You have a good diesel mechanic, PERFECT! Lots of people would like to get an inexpensive MH, so they do not last long. I got mine which needed minor work and total updating by searching craigslist sights in areas that had motorhomes for sale in small markets. Mine came from Merrit Island Fl, and was only listed on the local craigslist site. Had it been listed on in say the Orlando site it might not have been there. A few others poped up that way that I did not have time to go look at, they disappeared just as fast.
crb478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at their site, but since they are in Texas, I ruled them out. I don't know how to purchase a motorhome over the internet, like ebay, without being able to look at them and test drive them, and I can't fly there just to look. But thanks anyway.
OnTheMove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I hadn't thought of that approach. I can certainly check out the local storage.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks...I like the Safari but it had already sold. The Monacos are awesome but usually a bit out of price range. I have my eye on a 1997 Winnebago Adventurer at this moment. Going to look at it tomorrow. It has about 130,000 miles on it with a 230 cummins. I hope it will work out. Here is a link to it:

https://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Advent...7-UX255129#top

Would value your opinion. Thanks, Terry
Old 05-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #19

OnTheMove2 - Don’t bother looking at it, I just bought it!

KIDDING!

Looks like a very clean well kept rig! Hope it checks out well and you get it! Let us know how it goes.

(Sorry...kinda of kid at heart...or at least as annoying as one)
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
You cracked me up

Thanks for the laugh Trimoot. Looks like you are a Washingtonion as well.

I hope it checks out good. I like the hunt, but after four months, I am getting kind of hungry.

Stay a kid at heart. It's a good way to live.

Terry
Old 05-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
Before you '86 the Foretravel,at least go look at those coaches that you have listed,that should give you an idea (and "touchy/feely") to compare the various brands and year models within your price constraints.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote