Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #1

Your advice - How much my rig is worth - deciding on $

I'm selling my old RV - Deciding what to price it is a crap shoot - Its a broad range - I of course what to get as much as I can but don't want to keep it forever - I hate selling a vehicle - please provide your advice/opinion
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #2

Looks like it's an awesome coach. I know there are some services that could advise you.

You can look on NADA and see what they say. Because of the age the book value is probably low, but because of the condition I would think it could command a premium.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would go to RVTrader.com and do a search using the specs on your MH. That will give you some idea what other MH's like yours are selling for out there!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #4

When we got our MH in the spring, we had to put our old 5th wheel up. I did all the research, using the sites as recommended, and found that what they said didn't match up to the reality of the current shortage. (This was in May, when the shortage was just beginning; it's much worse now.)

Anyway, I found a couple of comparable units for sale in the state (far away, though) and looked at what they were selling for and put an extra $2000 on what the "books" said it was worth. Now, $2000 is a lot of money when talking about a vehicle that "should" be worth only $4500-5000. I could have put another $1000 on it and still sold it almost immediately, as it turned out!

I would simply recommend asking far more than you probably expected to ask when you first decided to sell it. If you are wrong, no one will call you and you lower it. If you are right, you've done well!

Good luck to you, either way. Here's to a quick sale and cash in hand!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #5

Not one to look to deeply, but posting the year / make / model and pictures would certainly help get some opinions of what is it worth.
I suspect you have that in your profile or somewhere but I and many others won't take the time to look for it.
Also post where you the RV can be viewed. Different markets, different prices.

Look at Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, RVTrader, NADA and other places to find similar units of same vintage and condition. But the price it's worth is always what someone will pay you for it.

Tags
advice