Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2021, 05:04 AM   #155

Not a oh no he's breathing my air! Nothing particular to RVs, pets doin their business out of the dog areas. Minor thing though. My best entertainment is watching 5rs and tt back in when they clearly are new at it. Not mocking, a lot of things I am underskilled at it life. Just like watching a who dun it guessing what's the next wrong move. All in all, try not to sweat the small stuff. Over 55 parks for long stays if possible gets me away from late night noise, but also I miss a lot of good neighbors who stay out and chat by a fire by chosing that. Recently stayed at a friend's dad's place , he is 85 and loves people. As soon as the weather would warm in the morning he would be at my door, saying "Are we going to have some fun today?" Smiling ear to ear and ready to work or go somewhere. God taught me a lot about having an expectantly good heart for life through him.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2021, 05:48 AM   #156

Pet Peeves

Neighbors putting their stuff in your campground site without permission and then refusing to move it when asked and any politicians allowed in campgrounds.
dbteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyers17 View Post
WOW!

I don't fly an "I'm Straight" Flag so I don't understand the Rainbow Flags.
I don't think it's meant to be exclusionary. More likely the opposite.

Which is what I love about the RV'ing lifestyle, and what's ironic about this thread. Which is, 99% of the time, you can walk through any campground and never meet a stranger. I'd shout it from the rooftop, except I think people already got the memo. Hence the flags

As for my pet peeve: leaving the toilet seat down. I firmly believe the toilet should be in condition one at all times. You don't want to be fumbling around when seconds count.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:53 AM   #158

Peeves me.....

People with barking dogs and leash's that span the whole with of the road when camping so you can't get by them when riding a bike or walking. Leash's should be no longer than 6 feet.....not 20 feet....
dliterski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:57 AM   #159

Out here at Ruby's rv campground in Bryce and the noise from mis adjusted furnaces is crazy!
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #160

Inconsiderate people who feel entitled and don't care about how their actions affect other people.

Dog owners who let their dogs just bark and bark without any effort to stop them.

Same goes for parents who let their kids run wild without supervision at all. Now I have no problem with kids running around playing and having fun. But most campgrounds have playgrounds or a play area. Kids running rampant through other 's sites, yelling and screaming, throwing things, is not ok.

All of which goes back to my first peeve...inconsiderate people.
DKSig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #161

I couldn’t agree more. I’d like to look at the stars not all of your lights.
viking41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #162

Blocking fuel island tops mine. I was in Amarillo Texas and pulled in right behind a contractor with his pickup. He went inside and I assumed to prepay. I waited 15 minutes and went looking for him. He was having breakfast. I asked if he could move and he told me with colorful language how I could move to another pump. I explained I couldn’t back up but he ignored me. So I called the number on the side of his truck and spoke to his boss. Wasn’t but a few minutes and he came out madder than hell about calling his boss. But he moved.

In this or most any circumstance it usually comes down to people just not being courteous. Or maybe lack of the not so common, common sense.
Josephls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
Why do you think flags are stupid? I put out a US flag and a Marine core flag, bet you are not a veteran and have never fought for our county.
Did you really just write Marine "core"..??? Shame on you.
Matt719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #164

Alpine Owners Club
We usually just sit back and let the campgrounds do the entertaining for us. Want a fire, have one, fly your flag, play your music, bang on a drum, drink till you fall down drunk, I really don't care as long as it doesn't threaten the well being of others. But this one really makes my chile hot for some reason, people who take the time to bag up their dog waste and just throw the bag on the ground. Who does that?
OK, rant over, carry on.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I was thinking, what is your biggest pet peeve you see other people do?

Maybe by knowing we can all be a little more courteous.

Could be anything like a diesel parking after dark, driving in the left lane or improperly loaded rig.

Maybe smoldering fires or yelling for the spouse early in the morning?
People parking cars, trucks, boats, etc indiscriminantely around their site. Sometime blocking traffic flow.
James Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #166

Mine is definitely motorcycles kicking up dust too close to boondockers I.E. me. There is plenty of space in the desert. No need to kick dust up all over my solar panels and rig.
Myjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #167

I am thinking about canceling my planned 12 week trip. I will have to put plastic bags over my shoes for all the dog crap, plus wear ear plugs and sunglasses at night.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #168

Don't camp in crowded spaces then
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs