Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I know all the reasons the Septic and water are on the same side of the RV but it's my pet peeve that the industry didn't pt them on different sides.

I know it would have cost CG's more to develop sites but how gross is it when you know darn well the last 300 people got some black water on the ground and now our drinking hose is laying in it??
Problem solved if you forego full hookup sites.

We have seen parks with connections spaced far apart but on the same side.

We have seen ugly messes around the sewer connection.... a lot worse than a bird would leave.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2021, 07:59 PM   #198

PET peeve: Dogs off leashes and dog owners who do not pick up after their pets.
lilac77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #199

Forest River Owners Club
Once I park my camper a couple days early. . when I went back the idiot beside me was so close with his slide I had a problem with my awning couldn't open all the way
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Is no one allowed to do this?
Depends on the camp. At church camp, the rule was "hand-holding only." Fortunately, they didn't specify hand holding what, so we were able to make it work
Old 04-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #201

One thing I really hate (that hasn't been brought up yet) is, when people lock their car/ truck doors they HAVE to use the key fob, beeping the horn in the process. Really?? They have a button on the door that does the same thing silently! Another reminder of humanity present.
JK
Old 04-12-2021, 11:17 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I was thinking, what is your biggest pet peeve you see other people do?

Maybe by knowing we can all be a little more courteous.

Could be anything like a diesel parking after dark, driving in the left lane or improperly loaded rig.

Maybe smoldering fires or yelling for the spouse early in the morning?
Not picking up afer your fur babies!
mwberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:21 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkjavelin View Post
One thing I really hate (that hasn't been brought up yet) is, when people lock their car/ truck doors they HAVE to use the key fob, beeping the horn in the process. Really?? They have a button on the door that does the same thing silently! Another reminder of humanity present.
JK
On some cars, pressing the button on the door also makes the car horn chirp/honk. It may not be possible to lock the car and arm the alarm without having a horn chirp.
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:06 AM   #204

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Press it once and it locks silently.
Press it twice and it chirps the horn
Press it 9 times and you greatly annoy me!
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #205

Barking dogs!, dogs that are not on a leash. Or people that bring dogs to my site thinking that I want to pet them. (I didn't ask to see them). Not every RV owner is a dog lover.

Early noise before (6:30am)
Cigrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigrocket View Post
Barking dogs!

I'll add to this that I see a lot of little dogs with really bad manners. Just because your dog is little and "cute" doesn't make it OK for your dog to bark continuously and lunge at people and other dogs.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemByTheMile View Post
On some cars, pressing the button on the door also makes the car horn chirp/honk. It may not be possible to lock the car and arm the alarm without having a horn chirp.
It is very possible and every vehicle I have seen has an option for "silent locking/unlocking". And the newer it is the more tricks it does. Automatic widow closing, starting itself up to cool the interior when it gets hot out in the sun, all kinds of snazzy stuff, all optional.
The two real problems are that you have to read the owner's manual to figure out how to change stuff like that and no one reads manuals anymore. That and you just can't make some people care.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #208

One of the first things I do upon acquiring a vehicle is disable that annoying lock/unlock noisemaker. You can usually reset it to flash your lights only if you need some sort of signal.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #209

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
One of the first things I do upon acquiring a vehicle is disable that annoying lock/unlock noisemaker. You can usually reset it to flash your lights only if you need some sort of signal.
I have always done that too. Usually the information is buried deep within the manual, but it is there somewhere. The exception was the last two Toyota’s we have had - a 2009 Tundra and a 2007 RAV4. Now, there were both older models, but Toyota did not provide a way to turn that dreadful beep off! I had to confirm with the dealer, the service office, and even an email to Toyota! My husband has some high frequency hearing loss, and he couldn’t understand why I got sooooo irritated when he used the key fobs in campgrounds. Drove me nut.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #210
US1

Boy o boy many of you are easily annoyed. You should buy an RV so you can relax.
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs