Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyers17 View Post
WOW!

I enjoy all the Flags. Most are flown by Veterans. I especially like seeing Military Branch Flags. The POW/MIA Flags - Less we never forget. The 2nd Amendment Flags - Don't Tread On Me! It's a Brotherhood thing here in the U.S..

I don't fly an "I'm Straight" Flag so I don't understand the Rainbow Flags.
Totally agree. Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #100

Peeves? Don't pet them, they bite!

Excessive anything that I can't escape: campsite lighting after midnight, roaring, smokey bonfires rather than camp fires, up-wind chain smoking (any kind) neighbors, barking (unhappy) dogs, people of any age without at least "training wheels" amounts of civility. And I can deal with those things for short times, because some it just comes with the turf.

The rest? Well there, neighbor, I hope we all have a great time in our great outdoors and safe travels always.

But don't pet the peeves. Seriously!
Old 04-04-2021, 05:41 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by grldst View Post

I've RV'd for yrs. One needs to realize that weekenders camp different. They work hard all week and when Friday comes they're ready to let off steam....I used to be one of them.

Turn the kids and dogs loose, sit around a campfire, drinking, smoking and loud conversation until the wee hrs of the morning. Repeat on Saturday....pack up and leave by Sunday afternoon....campground back to normal the rest of the week.

Full timed for 9 yrs and we learned to live with it.
This is a management issue at campgrounds. If it's run for the enjoyment of all then these things would not be allowed.

We've volunteered in many types of public parks and we never saw things get out of hand like you describe.

Friday nights are very hectic and we always gave a little leeway on some things until the posted quiet time. Then there was one warning by us. After that, as directed, higher authorities handled the issue. It worked. Not everyone in the campground were partiers who have no right to ruin it for everyone else.
Stick to the rules of the park. Saturday nights were a lot quieter. Then on Sunday afternoon everyone breathed a sigh of relief that we survived another weekend.

Also, some may complain of 'all' the rules. They are there for a reason and if the campground doesn't list everything some folks think anything goes without concern for their neighbor.

It would be nice if people would just use common sense.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #102

Once I stayed at a CG where the operator seemed to feel he was our best friend. Sure I like to exchange kind words and small talk but about 45 minutes later it's time to wrap it up.

I was watching the sunset when he came over and told me I should find my DW because she was missing it. I said I got the situation with my DW all under control all by myself. He seemed to take a particular interest in her. I guess that goes beyond a pet peeve and into the "creepy" and "red flag" arena.
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMyers17 View Post
WOW!

I enjoy all the Flags. Most are flown by Veterans. I especially like seeing Military Branch Flags. The POW/MIA Flags - Less we never forget. The 2nd Amendment Flags - Don't Tread On Me! It's a Brotherhood thing here in the U.S..

I don't fly an "I'm Straight" Flag so I don't understand the Rainbow Flags.

It’s ok to not understand the Rainbow Flags. You probably were never threatened with being kicked out of your house at 16 just for being straight. You probably have never been hit in the head from a flying beer can thrown from a moving car for simply holding hands with your girlfriend while you walked down the sidewalk. If you’ve ever been fired from a job despite being a good/honest worker, you probably never questioned if it was because how you talked or how you walked wasn’t quite like the other boys. You probably didn’t grow up with an overwhelming sense of shame for just being you, only to discover later that it wasn’t your fault; it wasn’t *your* problem. You also can’t understand the joy and freedom of finally engaging with a community of diverse individuals who celebrated your differences rather than mocked you for them, so much so that you want to fly a flag whose stripes represent that same joy in diversity. A flag that reminds you of a community that thrives despite adversity. That’s ok, because it’s not your truth.

I was never in the service, but I recognize many of the folks who fly US, PoW, or military flags were; I respect their service and sacrifices, and I’m grateful for the freedoms they protected. I don’t truly understand the extent of their sacrifices, but I would never begrudge their desire to fly that flag high and proud. I would hope the person who said flags are stupid would rethink that position and realize that flags are much more than a simple decoration....
Kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #104
laj

Holy crap. [emoji15]
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I was thinking, what is your biggest pet peeve you see other people do?

Maybe by knowing we can all be a little more courteous.

Could be anything like a diesel parking after dark, driving in the left lane or improperly loaded rig.

Maybe smoldering fires or yelling for the spouse early in the morning?
103 responses. In all honesty this is a troll. Albeit 102 others have bought into your post. Is this a situation in which the world is wrong and I am right? I do not not think so fellow sojourner. Good try.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
It’s ok to not understand the Rainbow Flags.
Well spoken. Thanks.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:02 AM   #107

Spartan Chassis
Stop the BS
Hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #108

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Which is another of my (general freeway driving) pet peeves. A truck race in Ontario Canada, where the tractors are (supposed) to be limited to a maximum speed of 105kph, by mechanical engine throttle limiters. It can take miles for one of them, to pass another one of them, if so equipped.
Tractors are not required to have limiters. We did it on ours because the insurance gave us better rates.
When the computer was limited. The Cummins dealer sent the info to the insurance company.
Big incentive to owners!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:26 PM   #109

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Totally agree. Thanks,
To each his own,
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:17 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Well spoken. Thanks.
I wholeheartedly agree. It was very well written. When I was younger and knew everything I would have disagreed. Now that I am much older my life experiences have taught me to try to understand the struggles and perspectives of others, with the possible exceptions of fools and trolls of course.
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
103 responses. In all honesty this is a troll. Albeit 102 others have bought into your post. Is this a situation in which the world is wrong and I am right? I do not not think so fellow sojourner. Good try.
Why is it a troll? I listed my own pet peeves. Maybe your pet peeve is people small talking?

Not sure what you mean by "Is this a situation where the world is wrong and I am right".

I personally have found to try to avoid any place with seasonal sites. Like a few posts ago said they have people letting off steam from Friday until until Sunday afternoon. I personally like it quiet when I RV so I usually look at the map and if a big section is marked as seasonal and I cant grab a spot far away then I find a different CG.

That doesn't make me right and them wrong. We are out for different reasons. Maybe someone will read the post that never thought to check out seasonal sites on maps before making a reservation.

But you don't have to "bite" on my sneak attack troll. Ya out thunk me!
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I was thinking, what is your biggest pet peeve you see other people do?

Maybe by knowing we can all be a little more courteous.

Could be anything like a diesel parking after dark, driving in the left lane or improperly loaded rig.

Maybe smoldering fires or yelling for the spouse early in the morning?

My number one pet peeve is going to a truck stop or RV park and seeing fully grown, usually senior (like me) adults walking around with no masks on, standing too close for safety, and all but daring me to say something about it. Thankfully, I'm not too shy. PLEASE be responsible folks! The pandemic isn't over with, just because you want it to be really badly. Give the vaccines a chance to work before you become superspreaders again! People are dying!
PLDieter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs