Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #169

This seems like the right site for this question.. ;-)
AirBossdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #170

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
More than one

A trucker pulls up a few feet past a fuel pump after a fueling at a truck stop, then goes inside to eat lunch. More than once I have been forced to wait an hour or so for the idiot to come back and move his truck.

People who leave a fire burning or smoking when they leave the campground. We have put out numerous still smoldering or flaming fires.

People who park at a site without registering and wash their RV with campground water.

People who park at a site, spend the night, dump their tanks, fill up their fresh water tank, and leave early the next morning without registering.

People who don't clean up after their pets. I hate walking close to a bush that has an almost overpowering smell of urine or being careful where I walk to avoid crap.

People who crank up their audio and assume that all of us want to hear their music. All of us don't. I have been threatened after asking someone politely to turn it down, always within quiet hours, and in the early hours such as 3 AM.

People who steal.

Sorry, I could not narrow this down to one.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 716 View Post
People who don't clean up after their pets. I hate walking close to a bush that has an almost overpowering smell of urine or being careful where I walk to avoid crap.
100% agree on not picking up the poo but if a bush smells like pee, there's not much that can be done about it by the owner.
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #172

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennabbott1 View Post
Intolerance peeves me.

Think about it...
Old 04-10-2021, 05:43 AM   #173

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
LIGHTS! People who find it necessary to be lit up like Vegas all night.
Makes a person want to go pull their power cord, don't it? GRRRRR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ScopesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:47 AM   #174

Them posting thier gripes on forums.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
We also ran into kids as well as adults cutting through our site at a State Park once. One adult actually opened our BBQ grill to see what we were cooking! We were in a back in site, and in order to attempt to stop it, I moved the toad so it was within six inches of the front of the motorhome. This guy tried to step between the two and then banged on my windshield yelling bad words at me!
As my Daddy always said, "It takes all kinds of people to make this world go around"

But back to the subject at hand:
1. smoky fires
2. bright lights on all night
3. barking dogs
4. parents loudly yelling and cussing up a blue streak at their kids who are ignoring them!

I partially blame #1 on the campgrounds, In the northeast your not allowed to transport fire wood over state lines because of the Emerald Ash Borer. Can't tell you how many campgrounds sell GREEN wood. Had one campground last year deliver wood that looked like he had dredged it out of his pond!

Mike
Old 04-10-2021, 06:42 AM   #176

Ya know, all of us, or we who have posted here have certainly presented a very negative view of RV life to those who have been perusing our grievances against one another. Some recent posts containing thoughts of revenge can be very concerning. I wouldn't want my power to my oxygen generator pulled simply because someone thought my sight was too bright. Maybe we all should just chill down or if other campers get under your skin so easily maybe you are the problem and shouldn't bring such negative attitudes with you. Good lord, I'd hate to run across some of you on the highway. Happy trails!!!
Old 04-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #177

CGs that sell wood that is still "green" or freshly cut down and then it smokes when you try to light it.

Kids that scream at the top of their lungs for no reason. The time might come for them when a scream will mean something is desperately wrong and no one will listen or respond. Too much like yelling "FIRE" or crying for help when not needed.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #178

IMO, a thread like this could help to raise awareness about the things that irritate others, in those that never considered that those things might irritate others. (Yes, bright lights, dogs running loose, etc. are obviously potentially irritating to me, but to those that are doing them, that might not have been obvious.)
Old 04-10-2021, 08:16 AM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandW View Post
Ya know, all of us, or we who have posted here have certainly presented a very negative view of RV life to those who have been perusing our grievances against one another. Some recent posts containing thoughts of revenge can be very concerning. I wouldn't want my power to my oxygen generator pulled simply because someone thought my sight was too bright. Maybe we all should just chill down or if other campers get under your skin so easily maybe you are the problem and shouldn't bring such negative attitudes with you. Good lord, I'd hate to run across some of you on the highway. Happy trails!!!
I agree 100%
WeRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #180

I'm a proud veteran but haven't been flying flags at my campsites for any reason except its extra work for setup and teardown, but now that I know it really upsets people, for no valid reason, I'm going to start flying as many as I can fit in my rig.
El Chapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #181

I am surprised by how many of you listed cigarette butts in fire rigs, put out on the ground or dog poop as the #1 peeve. I on the other hand worked as a campground host for a year and the most often piece of trash left in the campsites was the plastic square used to keep bread bags closed. Not once did I have to clean up dog waste left in a site. I did however have to clean human waste from inside and outside of the restrooms!!!! That is a much bigger peeve in my opinion.
As to the flag topic. I prefer to look at the rainbow flags and remember that is God’s promise never to flood the earth again. I fly my American flag to say I am a PROUD AMERICAN and there is no other country I want to live in
Old 04-10-2021, 10:30 AM   #182

Angry My pet peeve

When we are camping in a park that has posted signs indicating there are “active bears in the park” and campers don’t respect the campground policy to NOT leave food or equipment that will attract bears to their campsite. These policies state to NEVER leave coolers, BBQs or any food products out or easily accessible as they attract bears.
When a camper disrespects this policy, not only does this create a situation that is not safe for surrounding campers, but this could result the bear paying the price for the camper not following these rules.
A bear that knows there is food available at a campsite will frequent that campsite and will even chase campers from their picnic table during a meal ...
Further, park enforcement staff have shared true stories of bears being killed when efforts to relocate the bear have failed because the bear has travelled back to that campground. One bear travelled over a hundred miles to return to the campground.
When this happens, the bear is considered dangerous and when captured, it has to be killed.
Bears suffer for campers not respecting the rules ...

Tags
rvs