Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2005, 09:43 AM   #15

We have an electric awning, and I do love the convenience of just pushing a button to raise/lower it. Especially being able to raise/lower it with the remote control I keep in my car.. great when it rains..

But there are drawbacks:
You can't leave it out in windy weather as you can with manual awnings which are tied down... or put a sunshade on one end.... you could if you disabled the automatic feature, but then risk wind damage.

You can't hang decorative lights from it (for same reasons).

It has a mind of its own.... sometimes rolls up when you least expect it.

That said... would I prefer a manual awning? Nope... automatic is still great!

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #16

They sell RV chairs at CW. The only difference between RV furniture and house furniture is the ability to anchor it to the RV when travelling.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #17

Lots of solar panels on the roof for more power while boondocking sounds great to me!

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #18
tgt

1. I agree about the TV! I am tired of sitting sideways on the sofa to watch TV! Put it on one side of the RV with two recliners facing!

2. A dishwasher.

3. Plain decor. Who designs all these wild fabrics? Why not just put up a plain window wrapping with shades? I can live without bric-a-brac! It's a camper, not an opium den or brothel!

4. Offer smaller-sized passenger seats. I am five feet tall and my (luxury, heated, vibrating, leather - with automatic footrest, mind you) chair is a torture chamber. It is made for a six-foot tall person! I have to sit on two big pads just so the seatbelt won't cut across my face.

Whoa! Sorry, I did rant a bit.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:26 AM   #19

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tgt:
3. Plain decor. Who designs all these wild fabrics? Why not just put up a plain window wrapping with shades? I can live without bric-a-brac! It's a camper, not an opium den or brothel![QUOTE]
Oh, I so agree with this one!!! The factory rep was there when I was going over my new camper and I talked about who the he** picked the fabrics because in my 21'9" camper there are two that don't match. It wasn't until I pointed that out that he realized that I was correct.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #20

The only thing on my wish list would be a personal servant. Someone to pack, clean dishes, cook, and of course watch the kids while fetching me a drink as I lounge by the campfire. That'll do, I don't want to be greedy or anything

Pam
Mom to 3 (4, 14, 17) + 1 dog
Wife to 1 (40 yo kid)
Co-owner of new (as of tomorrow!!!!!) Rampage 199 toy hauler for the toys.

1987 daughter, 1990 son, 2000 son, 2002 dog
sodapop777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 AM   #21

What a fun thread! There are really just a few practical items I'd like:

One of the tall kitchen faucets and a deeper sink (we plan on getting the faucet - the sink isn't doable)

Fantasy items would be: some sort of conveyer belt from our house right to the RV. No more lugging items back and forth (not that we lug much - mostly food and such)

super comfy mattress

larger shower (my husband's 6'4" and I'm 6'1")

Other than that - we really do love our 5er! *ü*
DebB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #22

The only thing I wish our MH had was an "open" bathroom sink. We have one in the bedroom, but the mirror on the cabinet is so high, that you would have to be pretty tall to be able to see your reflection.

We also have a sink in the bathroom, but the mirror is to the left of the sink, which is inconvenient.

I love everything else about our coach, and am so thankful that we were able to buy it. I make do, by putting on my makeup while sitting at the dinette. Works great!

Happy Trails
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:50 AM   #23

And then baking it in the oven right Cheri?
Just kidding.
I'm thankful that I have my MH, what dream option would I add? A little device in the bumper that when I pulled in to any campground would somehow notify them that I was entitled to free camping. Of course this would not have to be transportable because my coach would never need repairs or wear out.
Derek
Old 12-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #24

I would want more counter space, thought it was at the time, cupboards drawers that don't fall apart, a special doggie room that has an automatic dog walker with it, more closet space (we have enough if I wouldn't bring so much) and a massage therapist that would give us massages every night after a long hard day shopping!!
pug_lady is offline   Reply With Quote