Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #1

This forum has been inactive too long, so here is a question to get it going again...

If you could add something to your RV (luxury item, convenience item, fun item)... and cost was not a factor... what would it be? Dream big! Forget whether it would fit or be practical.... just think of something you would love....

I would add another slide out and put a jacuzzi bathtub in it.

Or perhaps pulldown stairs going to a rooftop deck.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #2

This forum has been inactive too long, so here is a question to get it going again...

If you could add something to your RV (luxury item, convenience item, fun item)... and cost was not a factor... what would it be? Dream big! Forget whether it would fit or be practical.... just think of something you would love....

I would add another slide out and put a jacuzzi bathtub in it.

Or perhaps pulldown stairs going to a rooftop deck.

Our homes on the road
Old 12-30-2004, 10:53 AM   #3

Thanks Judy for the question. Now I know it is getting close to New Years, But I wish I could win the powerball, and get a bigger MH with a "dishwasher, king size bed, and a BIG refrigerator/freezer" Of course, could we aid "maids quarters too????"

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:57 AM   #4

Hi Sue..

Some friends of ours have a Tiffin Phaeton that has a huge refrigerator that is also as deep as a house fridge... They full time and do a lot of entertaining and that huge fridge/freezer is great.

After entering my post, I thought of several more things I would love to add. Actually, I've seen most of them on one MH or another, but never all on the same MH.... for obvious reasons... they just won't fit. But isn't it fun to dream??

Happy New Year!

Our homes on the road
Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 AM   #5

Wish motor home manufacturers would list options you could choose from for a unit. We love our small (31') motorhome, but would love to have only a shower, and not the tub/shower that came in it. We removed the sofa and put in two swivel leather chairs so we can watch TV more comfortably. We don't need sleeping for six as their are only two of us. The shower is our only big problem.

Peggy (Chappie's better half)
Old 12-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #6

I know Judy friends of ours have a Phaeton too with that BIG fridge. The thing is she never cooks. All they store in there is soda & beer. Now I love to cook and I don't have enough space. Hope you feel better, have a Happy New Years Eve & day

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:24 AM   #7

Hi,

Hmmm, dream big??!! Ok! I'd love to have a 30foot quad bunkhouse! With a slide out for the dinette and gaucho. Since we have 3 kids-ages 15, 12 1/2 and 6, we'd like to have one more bunk so a friend could come along. And we wouldn't be tripping over each other during bad weather. Then I would have a 1 ton Dodge with the capability to tow that camper-but it has to be one with enough room that the kids aren't touching each other.

Can't starting dreaming yet about that MH. That would take me winning the lotto and I have no chance of that happening.

Nell

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #8

How about a motorhome that drives itself? Pilot and co-pilot could just look out the windows, instead of having to watch the road.

Seriously....I want more countertop space in my MH. And, I want the RV designers to put a flat screen (or LCD) TV on the passenger side in place of a small, useless window so we don't all sit at a 30 degree angle on the couch. Put a small cabinet under it for DVDs, multi-media stuff.

Art & Carol Haenig
phishboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:09 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The one thing that I conceded to when we found a great deal on a used unit was the flat walk in shower. We have the garden tub, which to me makes no sense what-so-ever. I would also like a dishwasher. And of course you can always use more counter space.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #10

The primary reason we picked our floorplan was because it has an entertainment cabinet with tv, vcr, etc. behind the copilots seat. So we have a great tv view from the sofa and kitchen, but NOT from the dining table... nothing is perfect.

Last night I watched an RV program on the Travel Channel.. they showed two coaches being built from scratch... One cost $1.5 mil... the other was $2+mil. WOW... Talk about luxury items. In addition to the beautiful interior, I loved the massaging copilot seat, automatic pop-out sewer hose, and being able to dump your holding tanks just by pushing a button on the remote control.

They also showed the Airstream with the Roof top deck, but it used one side of the MH for the staircase... didn't like that.

If I finally got what I wanted, I'm sure I would find something else that I liked better. But it is fun to dream!

Our homes on the road
Old 01-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #11

i would like a HUGE bed with two humans and two pups in a bed it tends to get crowded! i would also like a maid!

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #12

I love the size that of unit that I have - I don't think that I would want it any larger. I would like to pull out the dinette and add two comfy chairs and a table. Since we never have more than the two of us (or very seldom), it would actually work.

Maybe just unlimited free camping!!!! Nationwide!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:55 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Sooooooooo many things on my wish list! There are only so many things that one could add onto a rolling rectangle! I would LOVE to have an electric awning - one push of a button and the thing unfolds! I know it can be added!

I'll never complain about my king size bed though! It's what I bought the RV for! I love the ice maker, but it takes up too much room in the freezer though.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:31 AM   #14

Getting ready to add a light/magnifier so I can cross stitch in the evenings - my "older" eyes are interfering with my stitchin'. Before I do that I'd like to know from Chappie (or anyone else, for that matter) some details about removing the sofa and adding two chairs. What to look out for and where to get the chairs?

Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote