Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
2010 Rally Facts

The official sign up for the rally has ended through PAY PAL so we can get the final head counts in and prepare for all the fun. If you missed the closing and paid your deposit or missed signing up, there are still a few sites left, So we have your site waiting for you. Just send me a e mail letting me know and I will send you the info you will need to get on board..

As we get closure to the Rally I would like to add some facts about the area, park, and a few things to look for on the way in. Also if you have any questions let me know.
The first thing is a fact about the park. Yes the park is located next to the rail road tracks, how ever these tracks are the ones used by the Grand Canyon Rail road which means we will have a train in the morning at 9AM and when it returns around 5PM. As a visitor at the park it is our duty when we hear the whistle to go out and wave to all the folks on the train and show them we are having fun.

Something else for those of us who are bringing our 4 legged friends is the park offers a pet sitting service. This means any time you plan on being away from your RV your pet will be walked so they don't have to be alone. You simply fill out a form telling the park what your pets special needs are and they will have walkers standing by to take your pet out and check on them for you. As for cost, you simply pay a gratuity to the walker. You can use this service when you need it and you need to leave your pet alone.

More in a few days.
See you soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
Something else for those of us who are bringing our 4 legged friends is the park offers a pet sitting service. This means any time you plan on being away from your RV your pet will be walked so they don't have to be alone. You simply fill out a form telling the park what your pets special needs are and they will have walkers standing by to take your pet out and check on them for you. As for cost, you simply pay a gratuity to the walker. You can use this service when you need it and you need to leave your pet alone..
Jim, That's a nice service to have and I expect that several attendees will take advantage of that service!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks Jim,
That is good info.

I see on the sign up list that a few folks have yet to pay in full, especially some of our Texas Boomers. Hey folks the last day to pay is today and we sure don' t want anyone to miss the convoy to AZ !.

Just a friendly reminder.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Every year we hear about the heat at the rally and there are some folks saying its Arizona and its always hot. Well there is still snow on the San Fransisco peaks in Flagstaff, and the High here in the Phoenix area is a hot 97 but its a beautiful 74 in Williams it will be great weather for the rally.

Another rally fact.

On the east end of town in Williams they are building a wild animal park it opens on the 22nd of May so they are telling the park they will send in a bus or 2 to take us through the park instead of driving or cars. The cost as I type this is $11.00 per person, I am hoping to get up there to see it and see what its about. I will have a sign up list at the Sunday dinner and more info for everyone if your interested. Sounds like fun.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Right now Phoenix has hit the century mark, it it 102 and only 74 in Williams. Glad I am done for the day and sitting inside.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Jim, do you need me to help Don with some of that FAR wood for those cool evenings?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
we might need a few folks with some wood, the park is building a new rally hall and should have some, but some us from the warmer climates might get cold.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:57 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No no no Jim. Those Texans will have to teach you westerners about "far" building. That stuff left over from building a building is scrap lumber. When we build a "far" we need wood from a tree that ain't been through a sawmill. Stuff like mesquite, red oak, post oak, black gum and maybe some pecan. Now that'll build a "far".
Old 05-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Is there a Wal-Mart or grocery store near by?? We are leaving out about 2 weeks before and taking our time. So by time we get there I may need to restock a few things. Thanks!

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know what way your coming in, but there is a Wal-Mart in Flagstaff. There is also a Safeway on the West end of Williams just a few miles from the Park. Also on the way to Williams west on I 40 from Flagstaff you will find a Camping World store on the south side at Belmont.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #11

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
I don't know what way your coming in, but there is a Wal-Mart in Flagstaff. There is also a Safeway on the West end of Williams just a few miles from the Park. Also on the way to Williams west on I 40 from Flagstaff you will find a Camping World store on the south side at Belmont.
Camping World is best when you have a gift certificate.. like they handed out in Perrin.. looking forward to receiving another one in Williams.. (the Perrin certificate lasted as far as the Camping World in Little Rock)

Safeway.com has the weekly sale flier on line.. this is a good week.. Pork Chops & Coors are on sale.. just type in our phone number for club discounts..

Safeway
Old 05-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Now for all of you "Flat-landers" headed to the high country, don't be fooled by those shyster service stations trying to sell you mountain air for your tires. The flat land air will work just fine to well over 5000' elevation, especially the Texas air...we got plenty of hot air to make up for it.

Now we will need to get some expert opinion on whether we can still use the halogen fluid in the head lights up there or just not drive at night.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the best reminder news for the 2010 Rally.

It starts in 7 WEEKS from today.

We will be having a patio sale, so get it cleaned up and ready to sell.

NOTE: There are only a few sites remaining so get me your e mail so I can get you signed up. Also If Ken didn't get your information on whos in your party let him know I need the names for the Rally badges.

See you soon.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Now we will need to get some expert opinion on whether we can still use the halogen fluid in the head lights up there or just not drive at night.

Ken
Don't forget about the Blinker Fluid........