Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #15

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
The 2012 rally we heard about is to be in Marion,NC near Charlotte,home of NASCAR mueum,and not near Asheville.
Sorry-Marion and Charlotte are further apart than I thought-mapquest has it 95 miles apart!.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
It appears that the IRV2 rallies are going to be an East Coast thing. While that is disappointing, it's completely understandable. More folks live East of the Mississippi than live in the West....
Bill, you been to a Texas Boomers rally as noted by Elkhart Jim?

I for one just do not have the vacation time to go to an east Coast rally. I do not want to burn a total of 6 days of vacation on the road for a 5 or 6 day rally. maybe when I get to retire, we will have the option.

It has been discussed in the past to have regional Rallies and I think this is the best thing to do. Those that can travel extensively, can to to both.

The rallies are a lot of fun and you get to put a face with the name.

Everyone wants to attend a rally, but few want to step up and do the organizing. Working full time does not allow me the luxury of taking on such a task. Those that are retired are capable of taking on the organization of a rally.

Let's work on a couple of smaller Regional rallies.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I will be posting an announcement shortly asking for proposals for the 2012 National.

In the meantime feel free to discuss things you like and dislike about locations, events, campgrounds, etc. The more feedback we have the better!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #18

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
I will be posting an announcement shortly asking for proposals for the 2012 National.

In the meantime feel free to discuss things you like and dislike about locations, events, campgrounds, etc. The more feedback we have the better!
Have to ask-did the person that was going to have the 2012 rally in Marion,NC change their mind?? There were a lot of us that heard that was where it was going to be,Mike even made a post about it,but it has been deleted!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
The above was beat to death after the 2010 rally. We nearly didn't have a 2011 rally until Mike stepped forward. For 2012 we already had a credible volunteer wagonmaster and location.

At this point, anyone who suggests another location for 2012 should also be willing to step forward as wagonmaster.

The location already put forward is popular and has a tendency to book far in advance. I hope while we 'discuss' this issue yet again that we don't lose the venue or the wagonmaster for that matter.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Have to ask-did the person that was going to have the 2012 rally in Marion,NC change their mind?
No, I communicated with Dickson (Dixieray53) and he is going to submit a proposal according to our official selection process.
Quote:
There were a lot of us that heard that was where it was going to be,Mike even made a post about it,but it has been deleted!
It seems the selection process this year was arbitrarily changed to a vote during the "business meeting" at the rally. This restricts the input that can be collected from our 70,000+ members to only those who were present at that meeting. We feel it's in the best interest of our community that everyone have a chance to voice their opinion and be included in this process.

The main issue with a rally based voting process is that the attendees, most often be from the same region, can influence the vote. For example, if the National were in California and the event attendees voted for another west coast National the following year the East cost members would feel neglected.

We have been trying to move the National around so that every few years it will be closer to our members which are located throughout the USA. It's a lot easier said then done and finding enthusiastic members such as Dickson & his wife who are willing to step up and host the event is not an easy task.

We will solicit proposals and if we get more then one proposal the iRV2 ownership and management will choose the location for 2012. We have noted the strong support shown by the 2011 attendee's for the Tom Johnson Campground (Marion, NC) proposal. We would like for this process to be concluded by the end of October so we can empower the Wagonmaster to move forward on next years event.

I apologize to anyone who has been confused by the recent events in this selection process. I will post the official announcement soliciting proposals for 2012 and point to this thread as the place for people to provide their $.02 on when, where, who, and why...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Andy,you should have mentioned this earlier to clear the air!! Its beginning to look like two would be better an east and a west coast rally with the ecomony the way it is and the high fuel prices everyone would be happier!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Thanks Andy,you should have mentioned this earlier to clear the air!! Its beginning to look like two would be better an east and a west coast rally with the ecomony the way it is and the high fuel prices everyone would be happier!
I agree. Those of us on fixed incomes just can't always travel long distances. Those that are still working can't justify taking extra vacation time to travel long distances. If we had an East and a West, those that want to travel can and those that can't still have a rally to go to.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
One thing for sure, the Texas Boomers could not host a national type rally because they regularly have 40-70 rigs at a monthly rally. Maybe more iRV2 members live on the east coast as previously noted, but Texas certainly holds up its number of rally goers.

Heck, we have members from as far away as Mo that come to Boomer Rallys. Everyone longs to be a Texan.
We have even had Members from Denmark and Canada join in our Campouts and Rallies.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Here's some historical "stats" to consider when the selection process begins to find a location (and host) for a National Rally......

2001 - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2002 - Branson, Missouri
2003 - Nashville, Tennessee
2004 - Boerne, Texas
2005 - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2006 - Sevierville, Tennessee
2007 - Branson, Missouri
2008 - Perrin, Texas
2009 - Dundee, Ohio
2010 - Williams, Arizona
2011 - BethPage, Virginia

As you can see from this listing, iRV2 has attempted to move the locations around the country because the administration understands that not everyone is able to attend every one of them.

While we would all love to have it in our "back yard", we all must realize there will always be constraints on time, distance and finances. By rotating the locations, it affords everyone an opportunity (at some point or another) to be able to attend one of these fabulous events.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We did not get to attend the 2010 due to my Father-in-laws health. 2009 and 2011 were to far for me as a working type folk. A 2012 A rally on the east coast will most likely preclude our attendance.

I would like to see a rally in the Hot Sprigs, AR, Little rock AR or even Memphis, TN. This is a distance that I can work with. Since I still work, I do not have the time to attempt organizing a rally.

My 2 cents worth...and if you add 3 cents you will have a nickel......

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have thought about attending a rally in the vicinity of Orlando, FL tied into Walt Disney World. I thought that the Florida Cooters might have been able to swing something like that but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Perhaps - one of these days.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #27

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This rally location issue has been around from day one it seems. The key is ALWAYS centered on who will be the RallyMaster.

One thing that would be useful to someone who might be willing is a Rally Handbook which was started, but never was published or least posted for us to read.

Lastly, how about 2 Rally's some day...One East and one West at the same time ! We could have a Skype video conference between each !!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
We enjoyed the Urbanna rally of 2012. It was a long way to tow from Houston, but I am retired and made the drive. My wife who is still working flew in on Saturday before. We are still in VA studing history of the area. She will fly home this coming Saturday and I will begin the drive home.

Yes it was a long drive, but great to renew and make new friendships. If in Marion next year, as of right now we plan to attend.

We are Texas Boomers. We have had severaly really rallies larger than the nationals. We love the group and have a great time with whichever group we are with.

See ya in 2013 in Marion NC or wherever.
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally