Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
doc

Appalachian Campers
I think discussion is a good thing. Pros and cons of certain locations can be discussed and input is always important for a consensus and make as many people happy as possible. Moving the season of the National to the fall is a great idea since the weather is more tolerable in the fall than mid-summer.

We've had two suggestions - there are tons of other places that would be great and we need to hear about them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTYER View Post
This rally location issue has been around from day one it seems. The key is ALWAYS centered on who will be the RallyMaster.

One thing that would be useful to someone who might be willing is a Rally Handbook which was started, but never was published or least posted for us to read.

Lastly, how about 2 Rally's some day...One East and one West at the same time ! We could have a Skype video conference between each !!

Flytyer.............I've been working on putting it online this past week, however it's not completed! There are many things that require Andy's input, but the "nuts and bolts" of putting a National Rally together is being added to daily.

We've renamed the forum RALLY MASTERS FORUM and can be found in the Regional Chapters, Campouts and Rallies area. Because it's a "closed" forum, it doesn't show current dates of activity ........but I am working on it!

Remember, it's a work in progress and I have many more nuts and bolts to add! The suggestions contained in the manual can be scaled down for anyone to use to coordinate a local, state or regional rally too.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I have submitted a thoughtful and thorough proposal to Andy. He has set high standards for the National Rally. There has been much talk about East versus West. If anyone has knowledge of a RV campground that can meet iRV2 goals of 100 plus rigs, vendor and seminar space, dinning-kitchen-catering-entertainment-sound system, and a local interest site, anywhere, send Tracy and I a PM and we will contact the RV site. Discussing the date, the city and region is counter productive. We have 70,000 members. Someone must know of a site that is more central. The NC mountain region is a beautiful area, but if there is another place tell us. We are willing hosts. We have 10 plus members from all over the country who are ready and willing to help..... Dickson
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
We are willing hosts. We have 10 plus members from all over the country who are ready and willing to help..... Dickson
I know it takes SO much work to put this all together and we appreciate that you volunteered to host the national rally. There are a lot of us who would be willing to help if we could. I would love to go to North Carolina, but it is just too far for me to drive by myself. For now I will have to stick to places closer to Houston.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 10-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #33

Nor'easters Club
I do have a suggestion for whoever puts on future national rallys. I really feel a hall of some type open all day/evening for rally members is very important. We wanted to get together during the day and have someplace indoors at night for visiting, game playing, etc. It's especially important when it rains. People were scattered in small groups all over the campground and a central location to meet up would have been an extra bonus to a well done and thought out rally. We did go out to eat most evenings with a larger group, because that was the only way we could all visit together.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Looking Forward to 2012

DW and I are finally in a position that we may be able to attend an IRV2 rally. I hope it's the national. We'll keep watching this thread to see what shapes up.

East is better for us but we open to almost anything at this point. We're beginning to plan our trips for 2012 so when the location of the national is finalized we'll be able to see if it works into our plans.

We've attended several Airforums rallies (also owned/hosted by Andy R) and we've always had a good time. Those rallies vary in size from 5 - 50 rigs so it would be fun to attend something with as many as 100!

Looking forward to seeing which site is selected and announced in early November!

Lucius
Old 10-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Thats a good suggestion Doris....it would be a good way to get people involved and socializing.

Tracy
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 10-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
Our first iRV2 national rally was Branson, MO. We have attended all since except the Ohio rally. We enjoy getting together with other members that we get to see only once / year. We are looking forward to next year's rally.

Dickson & Tracy's plans for 2012 sound good. We love going to parts of the country we have not been to and enjoying the local sites. Hopefully, wherever the 2012 rally is, our schedules will permit us to be there. To all of you who want a rally near where you live, plan one and submit a proposal. We would love to see your part of the country.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPSDX View Post
Our first iRV2 national rally was Branson, MO. We have attended all since except the Ohio rally. We enjoy getting together with other members that we get to see only once / year. We are looking forward to next year's rally.

Dickson & Tracy's plans for 2012 sound good. We love going to parts of the country we have not been to and enjoying the local sites. Hopefully, wherever the 2012 rally is, our schedules will permit us to be there. To all of you who want a rally near where you live, plan one and submit a proposal. We would love to see your part of the country.
So far, no one other than Dickson and Tracy have come forward that I know of. If there are other proposals, they have not been announced for us to comment on. Others complain about the proposed site, but I don't see anyone offering up any other suggestions. Let's hope the powers that be can make a decision so we can all move forward with plans for next year.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #38

Looking forward to our first IRV2 rally on the east coast. We would love the Marion NC site. Will be watching the forum.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm not too worried about it, I belong to NATCOA, which has rallies on the east and west coasts every year, usually two big ones on each side, a Spring Rally, and a Fall Colors Rally (West coast), east coast there's the Assetegue island rally. Attendance at each rally is usually around 30 or more rigs.

Total cost to attend this years fall colors rally, My gas costs + $68 for camping fees (2 full hook up RVs, one on Perragrin lake, in Winthrop, WA, the other in Leavenworth, WA at the Alpine View RV Park, $7 for the dry camping stay at Sauk where the caravan gathers before going over the Highway 20 passes).

Won some nice prizes from Affinity (they send stuff every year), Torklift and others, always a great Potluck dinner at Winthrop .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #40

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post
I do have a suggestion for whoever puts on future national rallys. I really feel a hall of some type open all day/evening for rally members is very important. We wanted to get together during the day and have someplace indoors at night for visiting, game playing, etc. It's especially important when it rains.
I'll second this one. This is an excellent idea. The Virginia rally was a good example of where do we all gather if it rains.

The Coachmen group that we use to belong to had a rally in Northern Indiana, and the hall that we used had a fireplace in it. That was nice.

Something I will toss out is this. If there are people that are using walkers, in wheel chairs or using mobility scooters, they should go first in any line. I don't think they, or their caretakers, should have to try to bob and weave around people.

Regards,
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
I'll second this one. This is an excellent idea. The Virginia rally was a good example of where do we all gather if it rains.

The Coachmen group that we use to belong to had a rally in Northern Indiana, and the hall that we used had a fireplace in it. That was nice.

Something I will toss out is this. If there are people that are using walkers, in wheel chairs or using mobility scooters, they should go first in any line. I don't think they, or their caretakers, should have to try to bob and weave around people.

Regards,
I agree. Those of us not in that situation don't always think about how difficult it is for people with disabilities to get around. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
We considered doing that however some folks with that are mobility challenged absolutely hate to be singled out for special treatment. Making this type of decision sometimes places event organizers in between a rock and a hard place. That said; I have no objection to the proposal.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally