Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Question... Could it be possible to have the rallies start after the 20th of the month? It's impossible for us to attend anything between the 10th and the 20th. Martha and I love the Sevierville area and we visit there often, but unfortunately due to the dates we won't be able to attend..

I tried to figure out some way of attending but it just couldn't happen...Hope you all have a great time and maybe next year things will work out better (time wise).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300
Question... Could it be possible to have the rallies start after the 20th of the month? It's impossible for us to attend anything between the 10th and the 20th. Martha and I love the Sevierville area and we visit there often, but unfortunately due to the dates we won't be able to attend..

I tried to figure out some way of attending but it just couldn't happen...Hope you all have a great time and maybe next year things will work out better (time wise).
There are many factors involved with setting the dates and one is picking the campground and what is available.
Just fyi we did try to originally book the 2012 rally a week later but the campground already had a rally booked.
Keep posted for discussions (threads) regarding the 2013 rally and express you concerns with the date and who knows maybe it will work next year for you.
Hope to see you in 2013 and sorry the dates did not work for you to attend, we will miss you and all members who could not attend in 2012.
Who knows maybe 2013 will be 200 rigs.
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Check out the Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia, Missouri. Great place. Lots to do in the area. Bounders of America and Bounders United held a rally there several years ago. We had over 300 rigs there.

Jerry
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
Check out the Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia, Missouri. Great place. Lots to do in the area. Bounders of America and Bounders United held a rally there several years ago. We had over 300 rigs there.
Jerry, We have hundreds of places ... but few leaders.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Jerry, if you volunteer as Wagonmaster, your recommendation may be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post

Jerry

Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Possible Locations for 2013?

We're attending the 2012 National in Sevierville, TN. The list of RV campgrounds below was mentioned at the Friday breakfast as potential sites for the 2013 National. None of this is set in stone - these were simply mentioned at the breakfast as possible choices. Of course there are many other suitable locations - all it takes is for somebody (or team of people) to say YES to hosting the rally.

Of the four that were mentioned I put them in my order of preference.

Elkhart, IN

Amana Colonies, IA

Foley, AL

Bushnell, FL

I suspect there will be a separate thread started to discuss the 2013 location and dates. I just wanted to chime in here to keep the excitement alive.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Orlando

We are in Seminole, FL right outside of Orlando, and would be willing to help, but are far from experienced enough to take it on ourselves. We will probably be going to New York for a month in June or July, but other than that will be glad to help however we can.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
We cannot make it this year but it looks great! I'd like to put it on our calendar for next year. Are there any dates or location penciled in for 2013 yet? Are there other iRV2 rallies besides this national one?

Thanks!

lajuene,

The Nor'easters next Wicked Good Rally will be in June 2013 in Connecticut. We'd love to see you there. Not quite to National standards (yet), but we have more fun....
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Possibly one of the iRV2 staff could plot all members on a map of the US. The center of this distribution would be a good location. With the 100+ turnout for this Fall's rally I'll guess Sevierville, Tennessee is close.

-Tom

Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who ever does it next year will have a hard act to follow!
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 09-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly
We're attending the 2012 National in Sevierville, TN. The list of RV campgrounds below was mentioned at the Friday breakfast as potential sites for the 2013 National. None of this is set in stone - these were simply mentioned at the breakfast as possible choices. Of course there are many other suitable locations - all it takes is for somebody (or team of people) to say YES to hosting the rally.

Of the four that were mentioned I put them in my order of preference.

Elkhart, IN

Amana Colonies, IA

Foley, AL

Bushnell, FL

I suspect there will be a separate thread started to discuss the 2013 location and dates. I just wanted to chime in here to keep the excitement alive.
X2 with your selections!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
doc

Appalachian Campers
Hart Ranch Resort

400 plus FHU sites! Take a look.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Hart Ranch Resort

400 plus FHU sites! Take a look.
I like the look but don't see a conference center or place to meet and eat. Also seems to be a private membership club. I'm sure who ever is wagon master can check it out

Thanks for the link
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Public Relations and Marketing
Winnebago Industries, Inc.

"Did you know that at Winnebago Industries, we have an Activity Complex and Rally Grounds that is the perfect location for your event? Centrally located in Forest City, Iowa (midway between Des Moines, IA and Minneapolis, MN), we offer 1,600 camp sites all with electrical hook ups, onsite meeting facilities, kids rides and available catering. For more details, click on http://www.winnebagoind.com/clubs/wit/hostevents.php."

Posted by request from Winnebago Industries
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Closed Thread

Tags
national, rally